MERGED: Coldplay One More Time + Coldplay??? + Chris Martin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevatedmole said:

Assuming you've heard all the singles (Yellow, Trouble, In My Place, Clocks): Politik, Amsterdam, God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (better than the title sounds, lol), A Rush of Blood to the Head (my favourite song off that album), Warning Sign. If you haven't heard some of the singles, definitely download any of those.. they're all very good, except Trouble, which is so-so.

Ooh, I forgot about "In My Place"-yeah, I've heard that one, "Yellow", "Clocks", and "The Scientist". Also heard "Politik" once, but I can't remember how it goes.

But thanks for the recommendations, I'll check those songs out.

MissVelvetDress, you should start watching VH1 more often again, they've been playing "The Scientist" and "Clocks" on there frequently. :).

And yeah, verte, "Clocks" is a neat song. I like the piano in it. That's pretty.

Angela

I really hope they play SHIVER at V2003!! I was :( that they took it outta the set list @ Earls Court!!! I love that song live!!!

Digi has access to all of the coldplay goodies.

;)

so the video is already out for God Put A Smile...? :| :scream: whenever i turn VH1 on they never play videos. i will never see a Coldplay video :sad: once upon a time about 2.5 years ago i saw Yellow and Trouble on VH1. When VH1 had the cool morning program with that funny ticker during the weekdays i was guaranteed a Coldplay video. not anymore. :down:

i have to rely on the internet to watch the videos. I have seen the Scientist, Clocks, In My Plac only on my computer.

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
so the video is already out for God Put A Smile...? :| :scream: whenever i turn VH1 on they never play videos. i will never see a Coldplay video :sad: once upon a time about 2.5 years ago i saw Yellow and Trouble on VH1. When VH1 had the cool morning program with that funny ticker during the weekdays i was guaranteed a Coldplay video. not anymore. :down:

They still have it. They still have that Jump Start thing in the mornings from 6 to 9 am, and they show videos late at night, too. And they show the "Clocks" and "The Scientist" videos.

That being said, I haven't seen the "God Put A Smile On Your Face" video yet on there.

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
i have to rely on the internet to watch the videos. I have seen the Scientist, Clocks, In My Plac only on my computer.

I must do the same, only with U2 videos.

Angela

One, two, three... well

I ran away from you
That's all I ever do
And though I started here
I ran away from you

I'm gonna come on in
And see it through

I ran away from you
That's all I ever do

And when I heard you call to
Come back to me
And though I should stay
I don't have the stomach to

Everyone I know
Says I'm a fool to mess with you
Everyone I know
Says it's a stupid thing to do

I have your love on call
And yet my day is not so full
There might be nothing left to do
So I ran away from you

I'm gonna come on in
My eyes are closed

I can feel it there
The sun's so close
I'm gonna come on out
And burn the sky

A star arose in my own cage
I'm stuck in line
And in a cage

Just a single star
I sing for

Everyone I know
Says I'm a fool mess with you
Everyone I know
Says it's a stupid thing to do

I have your love on call
And yet my day is not so full
And I did not know what to do
And so I ran away from you

it would be the scrolling ticker that would play at the bottom of videos that provides the morning news. whoever was behind that idea was my type of person. nice smart ass remarks they would make. :laugh:

i remember seeing the jump start show sometime last year and saw that it was missing. :( so i assumed it was gone and therefore so was I. lol

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Digi has access to all of the coldplay goodies.

;)

Welcome to the club. I've only seen Coldplay vids on the Internet.

well I feel embarrassed. Has it made the internet yet?
I feel as though all the bands that attended to Splendour in the Grass concert, especailly overseas band( so far from home) are our guests and should be treated as such.
The papparazzi hounded Chris Martin, hoping to get photos of Gwen.The poor man just wanted to go for a swim. The local police have charged a 26 year old British man for malicious damage...he threw a brick though a window.......well it was a rock actually.
I feel so bad about it all...mongrel papparazzi:down:
Maybe you can download the Coldplay Jfile from their site. It had some great live versions of different songs. You've probably heard most of them.
I feel bad about this rumoured incident..blargh

What are Coldplay's plans for the FALL? More touring? Recording the next album?

By the way: A Rush of Blood To The Head has just been certified for 2 million sales in the USA! In June it was certified for 2 million sales in Europe. So global sales are probably 5 or 6 million.

Parachutes is over 1 million in the USA and over 2 million in Europe. I think it has sold over 5 million worldwide.

cass said:

The papparazzi hounded Chris Martin, hoping to get photos of Gwen.The poor man just wanted to go for a swim.

welcome to the world of dating an oscar winner. his life will be life like this forever. his simple pleasures are now taken away from him because he is now in the public eye and dating gwenyth. which is sad that they can't enjoy a private life with out the annoying papparazzi. i would really hate to be a celeb or date one for that very reason. :down:

I just want to say: I don't watch much TV to begin with, and the TV I do watch consists mostly of the Weather Channel, Conan O'Brien, SportsCenter, and M*A*S*H reruns. But I was watching VH1 at work this morning and saw the video for "The Scientist" and was almost moved to tears.

And boy, did Chris Martin ever look hot. :combust:

cass said:
The papparazzi hounded Chris Martin, hoping to get photos of Gwen.The poor man just wanted to go for a swim. The local police have charged a 26 year old British man for malicious damage...he threw a brick though a window.......well it was a rock actually.
I feel so bad about it all...mongrel papparazzi:down:

oh ok i didn't realize it was Chris who threw the rock through the car window. he needs to control his temper big time. :huh:

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
i want to see the scientist forwards

now that'll be an interesting sight indeed

IIRC, the DVD-single of The Scientist also had the video played backwards. Or forwards with backwards played music. Erm... :confused: Whatever, it has the version which starts in the car and then goes on. Or back. Or... :D

C ya!

Marty

ok news on Chris gone mad:
0,,2003330822,00.jpg
:laugh: awww surfing Chris.

[q]Coldplay's Chris Martin rocked into shards

21jul03

THE boyfriend of actor Gwyneth Paltrow has been ordered to appear in a Byron Bay court after allegedly smashing a photographer's car window with a rock.

UK band Coldplay's lead singer Chris Martin allegedly smashed the window of freelance photographer Jon Lister's car on the weekend.
New South Wales police confirmed a 26-year-old English man had been ordered to appear in the Byron Bay Magistrates' Court on October 8.

Lister claims he had taken pictures of Martin surfing with his entourage at Seven Mile Beach in Byron Bay yesterday morning. He says the frontman became infuriated and demanded he erase the pictures from the digital camera.

Martin, who played in Melbourne on Friday night, is then accused of running to Lister's car and bashing the windscreen.

He is then alleged to have let down the tyres.

Martin and Paltrow were staying at Wategos Beach during the weekend's Splendour in the Grass music festival at Byron Bay.0

Coldplay's head of security said he had no idea there had been any altercation but said it would be "sorted out".[/q]

Last edited:
:laugh: poor Chris he is known as "the boyfriend of Oscar Winning Actress Gwenyth Paltrow". i just read the cnn news site it is the same report that australian and UK press are reporting.

but the more i read about his antics and annoyances with the press the more become a little annoyed with him. he seems to be a bit immature about this whole thing. it is probably more to do with his lack of adjusting well to the public spotlight and it is more than he ever imagined he would be apart of. At the Red Rocks concert he threw a tanturm about us knowing who his girlfriend is, at least that is how it sounded. him: "i don't care who knows who my girlfriend is :mad:"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom