MERGED: Coldplay One More Time + Coldplay??? + Chris Martin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Coldplay was one of the upbeat "shoegazer" bands....

Coldplay said U2 were their idols and Buckland's style is very similar to the Edge. They share the same guitar philosophy. With that said, I love the whole are bones sound that they have and Martin has an amazing voice. However they don't rock hard enough and I wonder if they ever will without sounding cheesey. Parachutes is defntely the better album IMO. Rush of Blood sounds boring in parts...

Last night, I listened to a CD that Digi sent me. It was a recording Coldplay did shortly after Parachutes was released. Yellow came on, and I wanted to get up and dance. There aren't too many bands that make you feel that way. I give em personal credit.

I like em.

Don't be rude, bear. :mad:

I don't know much about Coldplay, but I received a 2 disc compilation made by a member of this board (DiGi) that I am really loving. :heart:

There are lots of Coldplay fans here though. :)

Isn't it time to make a 'sticky' Coldplay topic again, as so many people want to comment on/start a topic about them?

Oh, and you all sing along with me:

Come on yeah...

C ya!

Marty

VIVA GRADY COLE!!!!! :heart: :D
336%3A378723232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A44%3C%3A83ot1lsi

336%3A378723232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A44%3C7%3B6ot1lsi

336%3A378723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A44%3C356ot1lsi

336%3A378723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3B%3B%3D883%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A44%3C396ot1lsi

Cool! :up:

When I saw them on the first of this month we didn't have such an intimate setting. Then it was 33,000 people standing together on a field that was soaking wet. It was great for audience bonding though... :)

C ya!

Marty (who still thinks this topic needs to be sticky :wink: )

Bonochick said:
Don't be rude, bear. :mad:

I don't know much about Coldplay, but I received a 2 disc compilation made by a member of this board (DiGi) that I am really loving. :heart:

There are lots of Coldplay fans here though. :)

Sweet - BC might have to be added to the Bootleg distro list

Popmartijn said:
Isn't it time to make a 'sticky' Coldplay topic again, as so many people want to comment on/start a topic about them?
why does a sticky thread need to be made just because people see no posts about coldplay has been made in the past six hours, so they start a new one instead of looking four threads down? it's ultimately up to the mods of this forum, but i think people should at least try to look (this thread hasn't even dropped off page one) to see if there's an existing coldplay thread before starting a new one. it shouldn't have to be stuck at the top, bolded, and flashing just so people will notice.

Moonlit_Angel said:

:up:.

I like that video. 'Tis cool. Also like the song.

I like the stuff I've heard from them (which is basically three songs). But I've been thinking of checking out more of their stuff recently. Any recommendations of songs to download from them?

Angela

Assuming you've heard all the singles (Yellow, Trouble, In My Place, Clocks): Politik, Amsterdam, God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (better than the title sounds, lol), A Rush of Blood to the Head (my favourite song off that album), Warning Sign. If you haven't heard some of the singles, definitely download any of those.. they're all very good, except Trouble, which is so-so.

KhanadaRhodes said:
why does a sticky thread need to be made just because people see no posts about coldplay has been made in the past six hours, so they start a new one instead of looking four threads down? it's ultimately up to the mods of this forum, but i think people should at least try to look (this thread hasn't even dropped off page one) to see if there's an existing coldplay thread before starting a new one. it shouldn't have to be stuck at the top, bolded, and flashing just so people will notice.

Your comment revealed many of the reasons why Coldplay fans need a sticky topic. :tongue:

Not that I want to insult any non-Coldplay fan with a low IQ. :D

Sorry about that. :p

I think it's better for me to stop now... :reject:

C ya!

Marty (who later realised his 'sticky post' lacked any smilies)

KhanadaRhodes said:

I wish mods would use that forum for the mods. I get always get two different sides from two different mods.

I PM'd/Im'd a mod when this latest thread was started, asking it to be merged....and posted in the previous thread showing where to find the the LONG thread. I was told by that mod that I shouldn't be so mean to a new person who is starting a thread about Coldplay. Now, you are here puting that newbie down, saying they should have "At least looked for a thread."

The double talk pisses me off. Don't post about merging.....but then you come in here and say people are dumb for not lloking three threads down.

Which Coldplay song to download? Predictably I'm going to say "Clocks". That song is *gorgeous*. I first heard it when I was driving home from a pre-Christmas party. I heard this heavenly-ishly beautiful song on the radio. I was entranced. I thought I was going to have to pull over (I was on the stupid Interstate). It finished and the DJ said "that was Coldplay with 'Clocks'". Man, I ordered both CD's on the Internet that night and have been hooked since. Yes, I love these guys!!

Hello,

I saw the God Put A Smile Upon Your Face video yesterday (on MTV). Nice, very nice. A bit strange perhaps, but still very nice. Although I have to say that my favourite video is still The Scientist.
BTW, does anybody know anything about the track 'Murder'? It's the B-side to the GPASUYF (nice abbro!) single. I think I'm going to buy that one soon.

C ya!

Marty (who'll post a lot in this thread to prevent yet another thread about Coldplay as it isn't 'sticky' :tongue: )

all i know of coldplay right now is that I'm really itching to hear the royksopp remix of clocks that is coming out on a limited vinyl release soon or something

Back
Top Bottom