MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That funny Jeff, I find myself banging the keys of my air piano when I hear Politik....

Which was an awesome opening in DC. Club Dark, Smoke on Stage, music starts, one light comes on and they let loose

DiGi said:
That funny Jeff, I find myself banging the keys of my air piano when I hear Politik....

Which was an awesome opening in DC. Club Dark, Smoke on Stage, music starts, one light comes on and they let loose

I do the "air Piano" with the whole Rush of Blood Album. Mouth wide open, shaking head like a freak.

Went to Cleveland today to see the U2 exhibit - and realized that the Coldpaly show will be one day after the 20th anniversary of the U2 Red Rocks show. :crack:

zonelistener said:

Went to Cleveland today to see the U2 exhibit - and realized that the Coldpaly show will be one day after the 20th anniversary of the U2 Red Rocks show. :crack:

Wowser...I did not even think about that? How was the exhibit? I am going next Saturday and then Coldplay on Sunday....My ticket just came

Is anyone else joing us in Denver in June?

zonelistener said:

I do the "air Piano" with the whole Rush of Blood Album. Mouth wide open, shaking head like a freak.

Wow! Amazing.................

DiGi said:

Wowser...I did not even think about that? How was the exhibit? I am going next Saturday and then Coldplay on Sunday....My ticket just came

Is anyone else joing us in Denver in June?

Teh exhibit was amazing. I left there feeling like the crack smilie: :crack:

So many cool things, especially the written lyrics. I realized I was in Dublin when Bono and Salman Rushdie met for the first time. It was just amazing. And the picture exhibit from Anton Corbjin is pretty amazing too.

:crack:

Back to Coldplay.......does anyone want to speculate what they're going to play on the Grammies Sunday? There is a rumor that it's going to be Politik. That would kick some serious ass!! But, they are nominated for In My Place!!! I guess we'll see.
Just cranked up "Clocks". :yes: :yes:

Just my opinion:

Coldplay are quite possibly the best band since U2 came out. They will never be as big as U2 but then again no one will. U2 are acultural phenomenon and there have been only two others in music

The Beatles
Elvis

The Who, Zeppelin, and the Stones are big , great acts but not of the level of U2.

Only time will tell if coldplay make it with these guys but probably not as their timing is off.

BUT and this can be argued, AROBTTH has to be one of the best contributions to music ever. The album is pure gold all the way through.

"Clocks" is easily one of the top ten songs ever composed, written and perfromed ever.

Just wanted to stir the pot.

OK , ATTACK!

Its hard to recognize excellence when it is too new. I don't like the idea that a band is appreciated years later whenthey aren't relative anymore.

I don't think you can compare a band who''ve been around a quarter of a century with one who've been around for six years and are only touring to promote their second album. However, I think Coldplay has accomplished more in six years than most bands do in an entire career. They have classics like "Clocks", "Politik" and the title track to AROBTTH. The last time I was this excited about a new band was.............surprise, surprise, U2 20 years ago! I'm having a blast! Rock on, Chris and Co. *and* of course Bono and Co.!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :evil: :censored:

*forgot this isn't PLEBA again*
*oh, well........*

OK, "Politik" it is. Great choice! There have been some contradicting rumors going around about the song. Some people thought it was going to be "Clocks" but they got it mixed up with the Brits; that's what they did on the Brits Awards show. I haven't looked at the site today. I just wish I didn't have a :censored: teaching assignment in a little joint near New Orleans when they're playing Atlanta. I want to shoot my bosses for scheduling the damn thing then. I do like the teaching but I hate the timing.
*Curse missed opportunities*

Last edited:
i thought it was going to me in my place but i was hoping for clocks.

politik should be interesting thought. and the orchestra will be great backing them up.

wonder if gywneth will be walking down the red carpet with him tonite. probably not though.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
sorry, i wish you were able to attend the show with me.

question... i want a copy of the original "see you soon" from Your Blue Room. Does anyone have a copy of this cd, and if so would you be willing to burn me a copy!? it is impossible to order online because it is sold out. :angry:

thanks! :)

I have this and every other pre parachutes release (minus the Safety EP of course I still need that one)

I am more than happy to make copies for people

The performance was great! That was a terrific idea, to have them do "Politik" with the orchestra members! Wow! Impressive-- of course!!

hmmm...

DiGi said:
Sunday....my countdown is on. As is my abstaining from all coldplay music the week before the show.

abstaining from the music a week before the show...that's different,maybe i'll try that !

Re: hmmm...

browneyedgirl said:

abstaining from the music a week before the show...that's different,maybe i'll try that !

There was no way in hell I could do that. The local radio station played "Clocks" when I was on my way to the show. I wasn't nervous about being tired of the music or whatever because I knew live the songs would sound different. I turned out to be right. They're so different live---better!:yes:

Coldplay Grammy performance of Politik

I have the Grammy performance of Politik mp3 in case some of you who would want this do not have it yet.

I will post it on Sicy's FTP next time that is up, then let everyone know where it is at.

Otherwise contact me and I will get it to you. The site I found it at asked that the direct link not be posted elsewhere, but you might want to swing over to www.coldplaying.com and look around there is a lot of sweet stuff there if you are not familiar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom