MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kariatari said:

Hey! My seats were bad too! :D (But hey, at least I was in the building, right?) I was in the 2nd row of the top level on the lil corners of the Target Center that are kinda diagonal to the stage. Where were your seats?

Dammit......we should have met up!!!!!

Oh well....I may have been not to far from you. Did you see the girl in the "breezway" with the kick-ass Bono PopMart shirt?
I was in 235 or 236 - quite a few rows up. I will post a review. next. PM me if you can........

DiGi said:
"and the spies came out of the water"......this is sweet tonight - thanks for this website Jeff

I've been singing the song all day......

I had a grand time, despite how lousy I thought the show was. I am spoiled seeing them at the 9:30 in D.C. ( :drunk: ) and at the Grady Cole in Charlotte - so having seats in an upper deck of a horrible acoustic arena sucks. The "new" friend I bought now wants to travel to see them too!!!!!! She may be interested in going to V2003 with our little interferencer group (she is a Pop and Zooropa fan :cool: )

So, I didn't think Chris had the same energy he had at the other show - which could be undertandable - being the last show of this leg. He didn't talk a whole lot. I don't know - I am spoiled - that's it.

The Music - I shall buy their CD soon. From what it sounded like in the nose bleeds - this is a zonelistener type of band. I LOVED the dancy drum beat - the screaming/waa waa-ey guitar and the Oassis-like voice. Brit Rock LIVES!

zonelistener said:

The Music - I shall buy their CD soon. From what it sounded like in the nose bleeds - this is a zonelistener type of band. I LOVED the dancy drum beat - the screaming/waa waa-ey guitar and the Oassis-like voice. Brit Rock LIVES!

Their album is kick arse....and what is this V2003 all about?

damn what planet have I been on....I really would like to go to Glaston this summer but V2003 would not be to shabby. Not sure if there would be a better vacation than overseas to see music...

DiGi said:
damn what planet have I been on....I really would like to go to Glaston this summer but V2003 would not be to shabby. Not sure if there would be a better vacation than overseas to see music...

I'll rob the bank and go too. Seriously, that sounds like such fun........

O.K. - any reason why PEARL JAM gets an important preference and Coldplay doesn't?

Someone should explain why one band/thread gets preference here over others. I mean, I understand the CD sharing one - but Pearl Jam? :confused:

zonelistener said:
O.K. - any reason why PEARL JAM gets an important preference and Coldplay doesn't?

Someone should explain why one band/thread gets preference here over others. I mean, I understand the CD sharing one - but Pearl Jam? :confused:

I'm not trying to be (terribly) provocative here but that's interesting............:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Your criticism isn't really valid. This is just a normal thread like all the others. It used to be one of the Important threads, but that was just so people would notice it and not post zillions of Coldplay threads. But now that people know to keep all the Coldplay talk in here it's just a normal thread. People keep on replying- that's why it's always near the top.

If you think it's getting preference in some other way, tell me and I'll try to do something about it.

Last edited:
Giant Lemon said:
Your criticism isn't really valid. This is just a normal thread like all the others. It used to be one of the Important threads, but that was just so people would notice it and not post zillions of Coldplay threads. But now that people know to keep all the Coldplay talk in here it's just a normal thread. People keep on replying- that's why it's always near the top.

If you think it's getting preference in some other way, tell me and I'll try to do something about it.

Oh, OK. I forgot. Sorry. :reject:

zonelistener said:

Dammit......we should have met up!!!!!

Oh well....I may have been not to far from you. Did you see the girl in the "breezway" with the kick-ass Bono PopMart shirt?
I was in 235 or 236 - quite a few rows up. I will post a review. next. PM me if you can........

Ahhh! That's crazy. I was in 237 row B! We so shoulda met up! And no, I didn't see a girl with a kick-ass Bono PopMart shirt - was that you? If I would have seen a girl in a PopMart shirt I would have run up to her and been all like, "U2?! Me too!" :hyper: :bono:

Hey, did you hang around afterwards to try and meet Coldplay?

I can't PM, but you can e-mail me at karaf_8@hotmail.com. :)

Giant Lemon said:
It used to be one of the Important threads, but that was just so people would notice it and not post zillions of Coldplay threads. But now that people know to keep all the Coldplay talk in here it's just a normal thread.

I'm glad we have a place for us Coldplay fans to gush on without annoying the other Interferencers! :lol:

(I put the thread back at the top; my work is done) ;)

HeartlandSoul said:

I'm glad we have a place for us Coldplay fans to gush on without annoying the other Interferencers! :lol:

(I put the thread back at the top; my work is done) ;)

I agree. Thanks!
*listening to "Politik"' right now because I'm in the mood*

Giant Lemon said:

First - no criticism.....I was merely wondering why the PEARL JAM thread was important and not other bands or tour threads...such as the Coldplay thread or, say, the lollapalooza thread - or a Radiohead thread. The Pearl Jam thread is up on top with the CD Exchange. Not criticism...please don't take it that way - jsut wondering.

kariatari said:

Ahhh! That's crazy. I was in 237 row B! We so shoulda met up! And no, I didn't see a girl with a kick-ass Bono PopMart shirt - was that you? If I would have seen a girl in a PopMart shirt I would have run up to her and been all like, "U2?! Me too!" :hyper: :bono:

Hey, did you hang around afterwards to try and meet Coldplay?

I can't PM, but you can e-mail me at karaf_8@hotmail.com. :)

No, I wasn't the girl (I am a guy :lol: ) in the shirt - but I did stop her and talk to her. She asked me if I knew who it was. I was like "yeah, it is my man Bono." She told me people think it is Elvis costello.

I will E-mail you!

zonelistener said:

No, I wasn't the girl (I am a guy :lol: ) in the shirt - but I did stop her and talk to her. She asked me if I knew who it was. I was like "yeah, it is my man Bono." She told me people think it is Elvis costello.

I will E-mail you!

O man! :lol: I thought you were a guy, but then that whole chick w/ the Bono shirt thing threw me off...My bad! :der: :D

zonelistener said:

First - no criticism.....I was merely wondering why the PEARL JAM thread was important and not other bands or tour threads...such as the Coldplay thread or, say, the lollapalooza thread - or a Radiohead thread. The Pearl Jam thread is up on top with the CD Exchange. Not criticism...please don't take it that way - jsut wondering.

Sorry- I think I came off a little harsh in my post. And I totally missed your point about the Pearl Jam thread being important. Me = :der: & :reject: I'm going to unstick that one now- it's been up long enough.

I don't know how many of you guys are on the Coldplay board, but there's a thread going in the Live forum that asks - Is Chris Martin the next Bono?

I realize that they are two different people and they both do their own thing, but you gotta admit the two have some distinct similarities. In all honesty, I would say yes, Chris is becoming the next Bono. This is not to say that he will mimic Bono's every move, but I do think that given time CM's social/poitical views will be just as obvious in his lyrics as Bono's and I think Coldplay will begin using the stage to really make people aware of what's going on around them, just as U2 have. (Much as they've already done with maketradefair.com) Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think...

kariatari said:
I don't know how many of you guys are on the Coldplay board, but there's a thread going in the Live forum that asks - Is Chris Martin the next Bono?

I realize that they are two different people and they both do their own thing, but you gotta admit the two have some distinct similarities. In all honesty, I would say yes, Chris is becoming the next Bono. This is not to say that he will mimic Bono's every move, but I do think that given time CM's social/poitical views will be just as obvious in his lyrics as Bono's and I think Coldplay will begin using the stage to really make people aware of what's going on around them, just as U2 have. (Much as they've already done with maketradefair.com) Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think...

Well , I'm not sure about Chris being the next Bono...but I know that in the last 20 years U2 has been one a few bands that has had something to say...and altho we can't predict the future of a band that has released only 2 albums, IMO Coldplay is going to become one of those bands in the years to come...

Btw news on the concert front ....it's looking very good that I will be attending the Coldplay show in Cleveland June 10 !! :hyper:
Check out the Hall of Fame....and see a live show.....it's going to be a good summer !! :combust:

the one i ordered from amazon us was mailed yesterday...the other 2 from UK came already....

I wonder what the next single will be...I vote for Politik

Jeff did you see another Red Rocks show was added?

Back
Top Bottom