MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I went to the Baltimore show back in September....it was so damn good. In the middle of the show Chris talked about how Bmore is the crack capital of the US then proceeded to sing a country song called The Streets of Baltimore because he thought Baltimore had to be better than the crack capital of the US. It was so sweet. Plus I took my youngest brother with me, which was great.....anyway I traded boots with someone for this show. It finally came today and seriously it rocks the house.

I think I should take my brother to every show I go to...everytime I have take him to one something kick arse has happens

Anyway the point of this post... I am probably going to make a lot of work for myself. But I really am in the mood to share this show with everyone here who wants it. So if you want a copy I'll make it for you.

1 More..:)
there are a few shots in U2 Gatherings Las Vegas thread:)

Attachments

• 945790-r1-3.jpg
    945790-r1-3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 50
Gina and I went to the Milwaukee show last night - it was great fun. The venue was extraordinarily loud ... the rhythm section in particular, and all of the music, but also the crowd. I think it was really echoey, which, frankly, didn't do wonders for the overall sound. But it was still vastly enjoyable. We were talking to Chris's security guy after the show (Rocky?) and he told us we were the loudest crowd they'd played for. :D He was like, "Wisconsin kicks ass!" Which, if you didn't already think that was funny, imagine that said in a really enthusiastic British accent. ;)

The show was great and entertaining. Chris really gives it his all out there. He encouraged us to scream out anything at any time, "except abuse." I think he busted out a few new moves (if that's even possible for Chris anymore) during Yellow. I also loved it when Will was singing all by himself at the end of Everything's Not Lost. Trying to think of more details ... brain refusing to function ... oh! Chris sang a bit of the theme from Happy Days, which was both appropriate given the city, and incredibly amusing.

Also, we met all of the guys! Guy and Will came out of the bus before the show and signed some stuff and chatted briefly. (Will borrowed my Sharpie ... actually Gina's Sharpie which I stole a couple of months ago ... and then thanked me and winked when he gave it back. Hee!) We also waited after the show to see if we could talk to Chris and Johnny, and all of them ended up coming back out again. Chris first, then Will, then Johnny and Guy. Chris was so adorable. He came out and was like, "Okay, you can all do what you'd like with me." I was thinking, "Don't tell us that..." He posed for lots and lots of photos, signed a ton of autographs (this one guy wanted him to sign like 5 things, and Chris was like, "This seems a bit dodgy ... but I don't really care.") Eventually he was like, "I have to go in ... I want to have children at some point in the future." (The weather was reeeally cold.) Heee. Oh, and some girls asked him for hugs and he replied, "I can do handshakes, but not hugs. I'll get in trouble!"

Overall, an excellent night. The Music was very good as well. The lead signer creeped us out a little ... but I thought he had a great voice, and I really enjoyed his performance (humping and all.)

Mirrorball Girl said:
He came out and was like, "Okay, you can all do what you'd like with me." I was thinking, "Don't tell us that..." He posed for lots and lots of photos, signed a ton of autographs (this one guy wanted him to sign like 5 things, and Chris was like, "This seems a bit dodgy ... but I don't really care.") Eventually he was like, "I have to go in ... I want to have children at some point in the future." (The weather was reeeally cold.) Heee. Oh, and some girls asked him for hugs and he replied, "I can do handshakes, but not hugs. I'll get in trouble!"

That's hilarious! :laugh: Now I wish I would've waited for the band after the show! Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time!

Well, I think Mirrorball Girl covered most everything. Damn you for getting to a computer faster than me (actually that would be damn the commute back to Chicago for being so freaking long :crack: ;)) Just a few more random notes:

Also, I have to say that while they both amused and frightened me, I was really impressed with The Music. I'm not usually crazy about opening acts whose music I don't already know, but I enjoyed their set quite a bit. The drummer was freaking AWESOME and, as Brianne said, the singer's voice was unbelievable and he's an great performer, even if I did collapse with laughter when he looked directly at me and made some bizarre licking face. Overall, I really enjoyed their set.

Also, the fans we met waiting in line were hilarious and wonderful. The weather was pure shit (cold, snowy, and windy) but we had a great time hanging out with everyone before they let us inside and after the show when we were waiting for the guys. And one girl (who recognized me from the Chicago show last August) took our picture with Chris using her camera (the venue didn't allow them so we didn't bring our own) and is going to send us a copy. Good times. :)

Also, the boys were really really sweet. I think Brianne provided all the pertinent details, but I just had to give mad props to Rocky one more time. He was a total sweetheart, asking if we'd enjoyed the show and joking with us the whole time Chris was out there and hastily dodging out of other people's photos with us as cameras flashed from all angles.

And now, since I look frighteningly like this: :crazy: I'm going to go take a shower and perhaps rest for a bit.

:heart: Coldplay :heart:

verte76 said:
Diamond, thanks a million for the amazing pix! They're great.

youre welcome kiddo:)

Ms Velvet-
Just hold on young lady Vegas is a few days away:angry:

thank u
DB9
:angry:

zonelistener said:
It is Thursday................

Time for Coldplay. hahahahaha....I'll bring a camera so you guys can see how bad my seats are.

Remember, the show is on the radio tonight www.cities97.com

Looking forward to it!

Hey! My seats were bad too! :D (But hey, at least I was in the building, right?) I was in the 2nd row of the top level on the lil corners of the Target Center that are kinda diagonal to the stage. Where were your seats?

a lil trick i learned from a fellow U2 fan...

I smuggled my camera in in a tampon box. :mac: Teehee!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
heartland, you should be able to post from snapfish. what problems are you having?

OK I got the photos in Snapfish, in an album, and I have the one I want to post on the screen. I copy the URL in the browser address and paste it into my message, but it always shows up as a little red "x" :scream:

I heard I'm supposed to get a two-line URL to paste but no matter what I do, I always get a one-liner.

What, pray tell, am I doing wrong???!!!!

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Those are great shots. :up:

I'd post pics of the Milwaukee show, but they didn't allow cameras. Smoking, sure. But cameras, nooooo. :rolleyes:

:|

At Indy, they only allowed disposable cameras. At least that's what they told my friend when they found her automatic camera with EVIL ZOOM LENS :shifty:

We concealed it better the next time through the gates :sexywink:

Re: a lil trick i learned from a fellow U2 fan...

kariatari said:
I smuggled my camera in in a tampon box. :mac: Teehee!

LOL!! Clever. I guess we could have tried smuggling some in, but someone who goes to this venue a lot told me that if they catch you with a camera at any point, they kick you out. We were up at the front so it would have been readily apparent who was taking the pics, so we decided to play it safe.

HeartlandSoul said:

:|

At Indy, they only allowed disposable cameras. At least that's what they told my friend when they found her automatic camera with EVIL ZOOM LENS :shifty:

Security people are so arbitrary. At a U2 show I went to, they made me check a vinyl album I'd brought to get signed. I had seats in the upper balcony. What was I going to do?? Pull a James Bond and take out a band member with my evil spinning disc??? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom