MERGED ----> Boy Band Star Comes Out Of The Closet + Lance Bass out of the closet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
I never thought he was gay either, not that it ever occurs to me that much at all anyway. What are people basing that on? I'm just curious.

lance_bass2.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:
I never thought he was gay either, not that it ever occurs to me that much at all anyway. What are people basing that on? I'm just curious.

Notice how many guys "knew" he was gay before he came out. . .:hmm: Me thinks there might have been a little bit of jealously and it was rationalized with the "he's gotta be gay dude." :lol:

At least that's what I got from my brother. :wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:

Notice how many guys "knew" he was gay before he came out. . .:hmm: Me thinks there might have been a little bit of jealously and it was rationalized with the "he's gotta be gay dude." :lol:

:lol:

Of all of the NSync guys, I figured he'd be the gay one, maybe it's the "deer in headlights" look he has.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Maybe, or maybe any guy that's in a "boy band" is gay because of the songs they sing or the way they dance. That seems like a bunch of stereotypes to me. Maybe men have those stereotypes more than women do, in general.

I don't know what "deer in headlights" look has to do with being gay either. No offense, I just don't. A guy who visually defines the stereotype of being "macho and masculine" can really be gay, and any "less masculine" looking guy can be straight. We all have preconceived notions and stereotypes.

Anyway, I'm happy for Lance if he can find the peace he has never had and be accepted. He has always seemed like a nice guy to me.

Sorry but this was hilarious and in the San Francisco Chronicle today!. LOL

072806-950x316-badreporter.gif

Well great, just when I was beginning to forget about those boybands who were so popular a few years ago.

U2 released ATYCLB, and I haven't looked back on that teenybopper music ever since...well until all this stuff about Lance.

Maybe I'm being cynical but is Nsync re-forming or releasing a new album?

Report: Lance Bass, boyfriend split

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lance Bass and his boyfriend, Reichen Lehmkuhl, have called it quits, People magazine reported on its Web site Monday.

Bass' publicist, Ken Sunshine, didn't respond to a message from The Associated Press. The AP was trying to locate a representative for Lehmkuhl.

Bass, who was part of the boy band 'N Sync, revealed earlier this year that he is gay and was in a relationship with Lehmkuhl, a former Air Force captain and winner of season four of CBS' "Amazing Race."

The 27-year-old singer told People in July that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect 'N Sync's popularity.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed -- that's the one thing I want to say," Bass told the magazine. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life."

'N Sync, known for a string of hits including "Bye Bye Bye" and "It's Gonna Be Me," went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also made headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Lehmkuhl, 32, has said he admired Bass' decision to disclose his sexuality. Lehmkuhl has a new book, "Here's What We'll Say," which recounts his time keeping his sexual orientation a secret from Air Force colleagues.

Back
Top Bottom