MERGED-->Best of 2003 (so far) and why.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the new Mogwai more than deserves to be among the best albums this year

wants proof? listen to Golden Porsche

Things out now that you should check out...

Constantines
Broadcast
Prefuse 73
Amon Tobin (thanks for the heads up Skeek, I love this guy!)
Mogwai

you are a gentleman and a scholar, musk!

have I been drinking you ask?

kiss me!!!

Without a doubt it is going to be Forget Yourself by The Church (out 27th Oct. in Australia only -- 2004 in US/UK/Europe).

It certainly will not be the most popular, but since when has popularity had anything to do with quality? It is simply stunning. You do have to be willing to both let yourself go and flow with it, and also to really listen to it, to think a little, give it some time to sink in and permeate your soul. But if you do that, this one is such a gem -- it's one to enjoy forever. No kidding! This is the one.

Opeth-Damnation
This metal band has proven that they are able to play any style of music as if they were veterans of it. The musical ability in the field of metal and hard rock to actually perform such songs of melancholy and beauty is a thing of true spectacle. Highly recommened.
Katatonia-Viva Emptiness
This is probably one of few bands that have probably perfected the blend of metal and alternative. Especially with this album. It's an album with such emotional impact of depressive metal/rock.
Dave Gahan-Paper Monsters
What can I say about Dave. For his first solo effort it was actually good. Awesome catchy beats like " I Need You" insighful lyrics puts DMode's Exciter to shame, definitely a must have.

don't own all of these yet, so forgive me.

1) blur - think tank

followed by

belle & sebastian - dear catastrophe waitress
dropkick murphys - blackout
joe strummer & the mescaleros - streetcore
athlete - vehicles & animals
radiohead - hail to the thief

fabulous year for music really.

Back
Top Bottom