MERGED--> Audioslave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:

I think it should be obvious that Lollapalooza isnt coming to Utah...

Well, they should be coming SOMEWHERE near you. Hitch a ride or something. It'd be worth it just to see Jane's.

I dont have much interest in Jane's Addiction.

I'd castrate myself to be able to see Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age, and Jurassic 5 though.

Well, I wouldnt castrate myself, but I'd castrate someone else to be able to go see it.

u2popmofo said:
I dont have much interest in Jane's Addiction.

I'd castrate myself to be able to see Audioslave, Queens of the Stone Age, and Jurassic 5 though.

Well, I wouldnt castrate myself, but I'd castrate someone else to be able to go see it.

Good point. J5 are awesome live, never seen QOTSA or Audio.

I officially like how Chris Cornell sings now. Used to not like it much. Now I do.

Ch, ch, ch, changes...

I was a bit distressed today to find out that before this tour Chris went to rehab for drugs and alcohol, but as long as he is sober and rocking, kudos to him.

I cannot wait for Lollapalooza.

Aside from Incubus and the Donnas (I have never really heard either) I am psyched to see the rest of the bands.

I love Audioslave
I love QOTSA

but most of all

I am

and

always have been the biggest Jane's Addiction fan ever.

I went to the first Lolla tour and remember being so tired I was sitting in a puddle of mud in the rain watching some girl breastfeed her baby at the show.

Those were the days...

I got Audioslave tickets for Mesa, Arizona last night. Big road trip starting tomorrow night. WOO HOO!

Anybody who's seen them live, how was it? How long was the set?

u2popmofo said:

Anybody who's seen them live, how was it? How long was the set?
They were quite good when they played Beantown last week. Set was 75 minutes, about what you'd expect from a band with on album of material.

THE SHOW WAS GREAT.

very loud, and very dynamic.

I think they played every song they had but one when I saw them.

obviously Cochise was the highlight...

I think they played about 75 minutes for mine too in NYC, but it is non-stop so it is great.

the appreciation they feel when they walk onstage is pretty amazing...

Ok, Audioslave is fantastic live. Great show. It seriously completely rocked. I dont think anyone who's a fan of rock could go to one of their shows with out walking away completely satisfied. Great stuff.

Show highlights:

Opening song - Set It Off
Like A Stone
What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding -Chris Cornell covered this solo on acoustic guitar (an Elvis Costello song)
I Am the Highway
Closing Song - Cochise
They played every song off the album but 2, and also played 2 songs that didnt make the album and 2 covers.

Actually, every song was great. The ones I mentioned are just ones where people really seemed into it. The opening band, Burning Brides, was really good too.

You can all quote me on this: when it comes to guitars, Tom Morello is a god. I was about 10 feet away from him for the first 3 or 4 songs.

Last edited:
So I was listening to the Audioslave album while reading the lyrics last night. I came to the conclusion that I think that the song "Exploder" was influenced by, or is about the movie Fight Club. This is the last verse:

There was a man who had a face
That looked a lot like me
I saw him in the mirror and
I fought him in the street
And when he turned away
I shot him in the head
Then I came to realize
I had killed myself

Maybe it's just me, but that sure reminds me of Fight Club.

I think I Am The Highway is my favorite song off that album......fucking great.......I think I like the slower songs better, I was also a big soundgarden and solo chris cornell fan.....always liked rage musically but I couldn't stand zak de la rocha's rap metal singing

So I'm a little late joining the crowd, but I just bought the Audioslave cd today, and like you've all said, it rocks. I've been catching the Like A Stone vid a lot on VH1/MTV lately, and I always liked the song, especially Tom's playing and the solo. To be honest I never really got into Rage, but the few songs I heard I liked (w/ the exception of Zach's voice).

I haven't even listened to the album the whole way through (I'm on What You Are right now) and I'm really digging it. It's got a really meaty sound with a great groove. Good stuff! :up:

I'm glad I decided to get this, my last impulse purchase (Queens of the Stone Age) was a bit of a disappointment.

well i bought the album about 7 months ago when i was on a holiday. i really think soundgarden was great, chris cornell solo was fantastic and rage was ok. but i only listened to audioslave twice i believe and thought it was quite dull. yeah i was disappointed, but im sure ill give it another chance one day and maybe itll get me dunno.

audioslave = trying to ressurect something that is done and over.

They will fade into oblivion soon....sadly...cos I liked Rage and kida liked Soundgarden. But Audioslave is ass

asstrap is ass.

audioslave is the stuff you get when you let the cream rise to the top.

give them some time young man - the album is chock full of goodies.

the next one will be better - mark my words...

u2popmofo said:
I dont know what happened, but I've totally opened up to his voice now. Great album.
If you want to hear the guy's voice sounding very, very good, check out his excellent solo album, Euphoria Morning.

Check out Temple Of The Dog too, his voice was so clear and strong on that album. Is that CD even still printed anymore? I'd like to pick up a new copy, the one I had since 92 has a nasty scratch in it.

Audioslave is probably my favorite new band that's come out in the last few years. The cd is fantastic, and they put on one of the best live shows I've seen.

I LOVE Audioslave's album! I loved it when I first heard it and I loved it even more after every listen! I wasn't that familiar with much stuff by either RATM or Soundgarden before then but I love Chris Cornell's voice so much :yes: I have Euphoria Morning and I agree with Typhoon, his voice does sound FANTASTIC on there, much less screechy and more bluesy than Audioslave stuff!
And the solo in Like A Stone doesn't sound very Edge-like to me but it is good fun to play! :yes:

david said:
Check out Temple Of The Dog too, his voice was so clear and strong on that album. Is that CD even still printed anymore? I'd like to pick up a new copy, the one I had since 92 has a nasty scratch in it.

That CD kicks ass! I had it and then my sister took it and that was the last I saw of it. One of my friends had it and made me a copy of it last year. It's so incredible. I'd forgotten how good it is.

Audioslave are programming RAGE tonight:drool:culminating in lots of old Soundgarden clips :drool: great musicians...Chris Cornell:drool: I am pleased to say they have chosen a couple of U2 songs for their list........... Pride and Elevation. RAGE :heart:
wooooohooooooooo:dance: Audioslave:dance:

Back
Top Bottom