MERGED --> Are we ready for American Idol tonight? + American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They showed clips of 2 guys making friends while waiting to audition. One of the guys sang a David Hasslehoff song. They brought the 2 guys along with DH to the finale. DH was a surprise. Totally random.

WildHoneyAlways said:
They showed clips of 2 guys making friends while waiting to audition. One of the guys sang a David Hasslehoff song. They brought the 2 guys along with DH to the finale. DH was a surprise. Totally random.

The guy practically worships David Hasselhoff ! That was too funny seeing his face kinda freak out :lol:

Imagine if I had talent,and sang, oh I don't know Ground Beneath Her feet and they had the B man surprise me at the finale :sigh: It's good to dream......

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:
Yeah. I can take comfort in the fact that Clive said he was looking forward to making a record with Bo. My initial outrage has passed.

He'll do fine :rockon:

I don't know why I'm Surprised... this is the same country that voted for W.

Anyways, do any of you know which U2 song Constantine was going to sing... it was the week he was eliminated and a song didn't make clearance... so he ended up singing that HORRID nickleback song.

LOL, yeah, the David Hasselhoff thing was great :D :up:. I also liked the whole spoofing of all the scandal this show had this year. Simon in love with himself...:lmao:, that was good.

Anywho, I didn't really ever pick one or the other between Bo and Carrie-it would've been quite interesting indeed to see a rocker win this one, but meh, congrats to Carrie anyway on winning it. And yes, Bo definitely has the talent, no worries, Bo fans, he will do just fine in the music world should someone pick him up and sign him :).

What'd everyone think of that medley with the guest musicians? That was interesting-some eh ones, and some pretty good ones, too. The Beach Boys medley at the beginning though was a bit...:crack:. I kept thinking, "Uh, guys...let's try and find a common note here, 'kay?"

Angela

Best wishes to Bo :up: - voted for him all season. Sad that my :censored: votes (>100) didn't help him beat out Carrie. She's got a good voice, and I thought she might be favored to win (America loves their county :sick: ). Funny how they didn't mention how many votes were cast last night, nor how close the voting was. The comment about the 500 million votes I believe was for the whole season, not last night. I'm sure Bo will do just fine and put out records, just as Clay was able to do. Seems he was just as popular as Reuben. And someone mentioned they didn't like Fantasia last season. I really enjoyed her. But that's just me (I prefer rock myself, but she had a great voice & personality)

:wink:

namkcuR said:
And for the third straight year, the American public fucks it up.

Clay should have won, Rueben won.
Anybody but Fantasia should have won, Fantasia won.
Bo clearly should have won, Carrie won.

Don't blame us, remember what Char posted, it may have been preplanned from the beginning. Somebody told me a CD is coming out and the track list was released this week. It had the final 12 on it, and their songs were listed in the order they were voted off- leaving Carrie #1. I don't believe the voting is really used, it's just a ploy to get more people interested. It's a script from the beginning, the honchos behind the scene choose the winner.

:mad: I figured after Randy of all people, said he thought Carrie would win it, that the judges know that it is not our calls that make this thing happen.

Can you imagine how crazy that crowd would have went if Bo was announced as the winner!

It would have been this :hyper: instead of this :| , Bo even had to encourage the audience to give it up for Carrie at the end.

Anyway I suppose she needed the AI recording contract more than Bo did, he probably had one in the works weeks ago, but it still would have been nice for the most talented person to win.

I really think they let Carrie win because she was more marketable in a generic way, more the image of the show. Bo was way too cool. Simon once called him the 'anti idol' because he was the type of guy who usually hates the show and is against everything it stands for. But that's why it would have been so cool to have him win.

U2Kitten said:
I really think they let Carrie win because she was more marketable in a generic way, more the image of the show. Bo was way too cool. Simon once called him the 'anti idol' because he was the type of guy who usually hates the show and is against everything it stands for. But that's why it would have been so cool to have him win.

Absolutely. Bo's too cool to be an American Idol so in some ways I'm glad he lost because now he won't have the uncool Idol image haunting him although people will still remember that he was 2nd. It would've been nice to have him win, though, just to shake the show up and possibly open it up to more rock star types, male and female. Maybe that will still happen.

Random pic from the ceremony:

42-15374421.jpg

God! She's the spitting image of her father!

^ that pictures is of Courtney Love and her daughter Frances Bean Cobain.

[q]from The Miami Herald.com
Posted on Fri, May. 27, 2005

A mother's Love

Courtney Love swapped her grunge-rock image to enjoy a decidedly all-American pastime with her 12-year-old daughter, Frances Bean, reports Hellomagazine.com.

Frances, Courtney's child with late Nirvana front man Kurt Cobain, held hands with her mom as they arrived for the final of American Idol in Los Angeles.

The 40-year-old star kissed Frances Bean tenderly on the forehead before they took side-by-side seats for the finale.

It has been a difficult couple of years for the twosome -- Courtney's highly publicized overdose in 2003 led to her losing custody of Frances Bean amid a number of other legal woes.

But in January 2005, after regaining full parental rights, Love said in a statement: ``Life is about choices, and I've chosen to move forward with my life in a healthy and positive way.''[/q]

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Word to everything in this paragraph. Carrie, though a talented singer, has no personality, no charisma. She is easily malleable for the American Idol Svenaglis. Whereas, Bo has tons of personality and probably has some definite ideas of how he wants to direct his career.

Well, he's my American Idol.

Back
Top Bottom