MERGED--->Anyone have ( )? + Anyone heard new Sigur Ros album? + I want to scream...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
How's the new Sigur Ros album?

I just realized this came out a few days ago. Anyone have it? How is it? Suprised there hasnt been anything about it on here.

It's good. It will take awhile to absorb completely.

Here is the revue that inspired me to buy it.
From The Stranger:

****If intense drug highs and great sex that lasts all night didn't already have a soundtrack, Sigur R?s have created one. The Icelandic band's third album is beautiful beyond words, a collection of otherworldly coos and echoes and cold soundscapes that warm and swell into a heavy fog of sweet electronic melodies and vocalist Jon Thor Birgisson's childlike falsetto. Recorded in the band's swimming-pool-turned-recording-studio, ( ) embodies lushness, draping a live string section over samplers, pianos, guitars, and other postclassical/electronic experiments. The album leaves language behind, collecting titleless songs under simple parentheses and drifting into an atmosphere of sonic splendor; in other words, this is exactly the kind of CD I'd want as a college kid gobbling up mushrooms and acid and watching the sun set over a field of deer. Sigur R?s melt your brain into lumps of gray-matter goo, making listening to your headphones an out-of-body experience only a good dealer or an expert boyfriend can attempt to match. JENNIFER MAERZ

i believe i will get it next week. i dont have money and i dont have access to it until then.

eat my ptshorts man.

:sexywink:

It's great. At the moment i don't think it's as good as the last album, but I reckon it will definitely grow on me, so I may change my mind. Tracks 1, 2, 4 and 8 are my favourites, but that's probably because I've heard them before so they've already had chance to grow on me.

:heart: sigur Ros. When I figure out how to work my new scanner I'll post some of my pics from when I saw them a few weeks ago. That could be a while though, as I'm rather technically challenged and have absolutely no free time.

Last edited:
Anyone have ( )?

Or as Mike McGonigal calls it.. 2 sausages kissing..

whaddaya think?

the pitchfork review gave it a 7.6.

here' a funny little part!!

The second half of ( ) returns to the simpler sounds of ?g?tis Byrjun's ten-minute post-Floyd jams-- passages in track five ("Alafoss") and track seven ("Death") all but namecheck Dark Side of the Moon. The closer, "Popp", meanwhile, will draw the expected Radiohead comparisons ("like 'Knives Out' on a morphine drip..."); if it and Radiohead's recent live material are any indication, the two bands are on a collision course: they should release the exact same album sometime in 2004

Its very good.

It took me a few listens to get into it but I love it now.

If you have a chance to catch them live then you have to...they are great in concert.

*runs off to buy it*

this makes EIGHT CDS this week :scream:

Somebody please stop me....

*DIES* of new CD overload

I finally heard thw whole thing, in headphones no less!!!

this stuff is so amazingly beautiful. The only thing that almost didn't work was the repition of about 8 syllabals the whole way through. But it kinda does work because you can almost hear your own words for everysong.
I hear a lot of "Do you sigh alone?" myself
and once I swore I heard "you sit alone by a fire"

I liked the pitchfork review of the first album. That review will bring tears to your eyes!
"They are not post-rock...they are pre-whatever comes in the 21st century...this is the first vital band of the 21st century"

Soundtrack to heaven. with a touch of sadness.

And Kirk I heard the same lines....I'm listening to track 4 right now.

I was so far gone into the first song, When the first song ended, i realized i was driving 30mph in a 50 mph zone. Luckily there was nobody around,

All i can say is---Music touches feelings that words cannot

this album is a prime example of that. I cant wait to see them this tuesday.

:drool:

woah, ali, you actually liked it? thats awesome!

and hows this for good news...

sigur ros's latest should debut in the top 50 albums on the billboard charts! sigur ros! thats incredible!

I may check this album out
I have lost all faith in what the music critics decide is the hippest thing right now
usually I'm intrigued the first time I hear it
(really) like it the second time
and am bored by it the 5th time I hear it

I still may check this one out though

i want to scream and cry and kiss the sky

every time i listen to the new sigur ros album. it is so beautiful. amazing music. time stands still when i listen to this music. it's like midnight with a slight rainy mist hitting your face but you can see the stars through the rain. each note is in it's right place. on track two, the guitar just drops piece by piece and cuts right through my head. by the end of the album it's like a firestorm going on, raging and soaring. like taking a transatlatic flight and waking up to see the dawn coming over the clouds, and you know you're somewhere new. the excitement fills you with anticipation and peace. nothing else matters in this moment. you want to scream and cry all at the same time and never leave the moment. to stay in this place forever. i dunno what it is about this band that makes me feel this way. does anyone else know what i mean :confused:

yeah. This would be a great album to make sweet love to.

that is of course, if i had someone to make sweet love to....

335%3B436323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3C%3D7%3B9%3Dxroqdf%3E2323353%3A8%3A742ot1lsi

and since it was bumped...this is me meeting the crazed jonsi....the show was like awesome. I want to see it again. Only on like drugs or something...;)

jk i dont do drugs.

Back
Top Bottom