MERGED --> All Threads on Christmas Gifts HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
I think I'm getting jammies...the kind that you wear in front of the kids...but not behind closed doors. :wink:

:lol: Comments like that always remind me of my late father. He had a favorite pair that had worn so thin we called them his "clearies".

For Honor said:
What I do want I can't have.
But that doesn't make me stop wanting it.
It might actually make me want it more.

(though I don't really think I could want her anymore than I already do)

:( :hug:.

I know that feeling.

Originally posted by For Honor
But I would rather have other people get some things that they want, notably my parents and my stepmother. It's been a really rough year for all of them, and if they could get some good news or some releif or some good fortune, that would help them and me to step a little more lightly.

:heart: That's a sweet thought. I agree with this, too-I always love it when I find the exact thing that I know will just make my family/friends the happiest people on earth. Or even random strangers, like when I've donated things and all that. Just knowing that someone out there will be happy is a great thing :).

Angela

i bought a play station 2 for my girlfriend's 8 yr old son

and a swin suit for his mom
for me

we live at the beach

Last edited:
An optical mouse from my bro. The other item that I want from him is a high-end graphic card for my PC, but he refused to buy it. Oh well.................a new mouse is enough to make me happy. :shrug: :)

ok, I have recieved any early (!) Christmas present from a very very dear friend of mine, which is truly the most unique thing I have ever been given, it's (are you ready)

a Toureg goatskin bag!

Who knows what a Toureg is? And, no, it's not a VW wagon

My Dad usually gives us money, having no imagination whatsoever, :)

From my sister, the special edition of "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb"; from my brother the 1st Season of Sex in the City on DVD; my Mum's getting me new shoes and a bag (which I need desperately, being a sort of person who gets one good comfortable pair of shoes and wears them to death).

I feel.... bad because I can't really buy anything for anyone.

And I don't want to ask my parents to buy something for one and other. So it's odd.

This holiday season is going to be very different, and sort of like anticlimatic.

I can't really enjoy christmas music, that's how bad it's gotten....

I don't like being in a position where I can't do much. So I guess I will just have to receive things.

I've tried to write personal cards to people, but I can't bring myself to it. It's a bizzaro christmas season....

:eyebrow:

I guess what I want most is to just be free to pursue my goals.

But for me, it's odd, because I don't feel like I can give
I can't even seem to give in a way to make someone happy,
"what I hold dear".

....in a funk....

Everything money can't buy is NOT looking good for me right now.

Apparently I'm getting a new car, though this has nothing to do with Christmas--I'm paying for it myself.

Today I got a (fake) Burberry umbrella to match my (fake) Burberry purse, though! And another gift card, this one to Bath and Body Works (Tutti Dolci, here I come), to go with my Barnes and Noble and TJ Maxx cards. The umbrella and the gift card were from the gift exchange at work.

Things you bought/got for XMAS

put in this list what you bought for yourself and things you got by surprise this Xmas

Things I bought:

4 magazines:
- SPIN magazine (U2 on the cover)
- Rollings Stone Chile (report on U2)
- Rockaxis (chilean Rock magazine with U2 on the cover)
- Rolling Stone (Johnny Cash memorial number, Oct 2003)

4 t-shirts:
- a black one
- one that says "what do you fear the most?"
- one that says "I AM THE DOOR" :hyper:
- one that has the number 14... you know why I bought that one :wink:

1 CD: Green Day - American Idiot

2 DVD: - KISS Symphony / AC/DC: Stiff Upper Lip LIVE

1 Pendrive (128mb)... this is the usefull present

Things I got:

1 Book (by a Chilean guy)

15.000 pesos
20.000 pesos
that ads to 35.000 pesos = 62.38 dollars

and to not look that selfish.... things I bought for other people:

1 doll... for a friend, a girl, that I hadn't seen in like 2 years... since high-school... a girl I used to LOVE and I still do, only not that kind of love anymore

that... continue the list... Merry Xmas!!!

PEPO

Last edited:
I got a 17" flat screen monitor from my mom :drool:

A Sony digicam from Jim :love:

Gift certificates, clothes, money.

I bought my cats a new cat tree and loads of toys (spoilt :mad: )
But that's kind of for myself because its highly entertaining to watch them :D

i only got one thing

but it was a 42" plasma tv

so not bad i guess

I got a Ukrainian blouse, a book about Middle Eastern rugs, a gift certificate from the art supply store, an interesting clock/radio with a projector thingie that shows the time on the ceiling in lights, and an appointment book in a famous medieval design.

Last edited:
Like Sicy, I got a 17" flat screen monitor...It looks so damn cool. I also got Spider-Man 2, shoes, clothes, & a few gift certificates.

Merry Christmas everyone....!

I got really spoilt this year and I had jsut asked for money

I got the money and way too much more.

My parents bought me a silver charm bracelet. I only have another piece of nice jewellery and my parents got me it when I was 13. It's a gold bracelet. I hate wearing it out incase I lose it. I'm also funny about wearing this out but my Mum said there is no point in leaving it in the box and I can ask for charms on it for my 20th birthday. She said she would get me one before I go away in the summer too. At the minute it has no charms because she said she spent the money on a bracelt rather than charms. It's very pretty plain though and has a little t-bone type clasp with a heart with little diamonds in it. (I can't explain things well)

They also got me

-perfume (Amore Amore)
- make-up - special hypoallergenic foundation and blusher and make up brushes and make-up bag. I really needed it. I was sick for a while and have just got better but my (already sensitive) skin suffered and it looked like it had been burnt and now it's more sensitive than ever and my other make up was making my skin peel. :slant:
- DVD's - Love Actually & Stuck on You
- Cd's - Scissor Sisters & Embrace
- Book - Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend

My sister got me some pretty things like a charm bracelet (she said it's more 'bling' and I can wear it out without being afraid to lose it, she knows me very well :laugh:), underwear, lottery scratchcards, and a little travel journel. It's really cute. I pointed it out in a shop months and months ago. It has a little compass on it too. She said she wants me to fill it on my year away and give it to her to read when I get back. :heart:

My uncle & his girlfriend got me gift vouchers for cd's/ books/ dvd's

My brother got me a book called The hypochondriacs handbooks, he said this book was written for me. :laugh: I have a habit of worrying too much sometimes.

I told my friends to donate money to diabetesuk if they were going to get me anything but one friend got me a fcuk bath set with lots of lovely smelly things, and a new purse because my last one got stolen and I believe it's bad luck to buy your own purse (the only two I ever bought were both stolen a week after I got them :mad: ) and she also got me a little teddybear and box of chocolates.

:heart:

I feel really really spoiled.

I am seriously spoiled

Merry Christmas, everyone! :wave:

I hope everyone had a great one, and got everything on their list. :sexywink:

My loot this year:

From work (various co-workers, friends, and boss):

- John Lennon Accoustic CD
- Borders Gift Card
- Gift certificate to the mall
- Bath set
- Glass vase

From Dad:

- $50 Borders card :heart:
- $50 Pier 1 card :combust:
- Apple Blossom candle

From Mom:

- Credit card debt paid off :bow:
- clothes, socks, jammies
- crock pot
- blender
- 2 sets of glassware
- various other neccesities for the apartment (little odds and ends)
- Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus and THE WHITE STRIPES Under Blackpool Lights DVDs (Keef and Jack, I think I just :combust: )
- U2 Show book
- $50 Sephora gift card :drool:
- $50 grocery store card
- snowmen flannel sheets
- a pretty white scarf
- cat cookie jar

From Mom's boyfriend:

- Target gift card, and this:
342724%3B523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B4%3E793%3EWSNRCG%3D32327%3B6689835nu0mrj

It's a CD/DVD case, and he MADE it himself. They told me to close my eyes and when they brought this out, I almost started to cry. It's so nice, the picture really doesn't do it justice, and it's going to look perfect in my apartment.

I still have the family thing tomorrow and some get togethers with friends, but yeah, I pretty made out like a bandit this year. :yes:

Stuff I want to buy with my gift cards and money (since I posted in my journal what I got):

--the new White Stripes DVD
--The Royal Tenenbaums on DVD
--Tutti Dolci stuff from Bath and Body Works
--He's Just Not That Into You! (book)
--Want Two, Rufus Wainwright
--Agaetis Byrjun, Sigur Ros
--a new bookshelf (Target gift card)

My brother got me a circular saw with a laser alignment system and step by step home improvement book. :rolleyes: (he likes tools) OK so it's not what I would have asked for, but I did inherit the house (from my mom) and it could use a few things, so it's actually better than what I would have asked for anyway.

My sister's going the cash route -- always welcome!

And I bought a few new toys for the cats (always tricky, cause the dog likes to eat them -- the toys, not the cats), and a new combo rope/plush squeaky toy for Zeke (the dog). He's so happy with it! He's rolling around the floor with it...hasn't found the squeaker yet -- oh! he just found it now! He's making it squeak like crazy. And I bought him lots of doggie snacky treats (he's a dog gourmand :wink: ).

my dad AND my aunt both got me copies of "U2 Show", even though i didn't ask for it! so now i have 2 copies. don't get me wrong, i'm NOT complaining (great book- very pretty photos), but i think this means that my family *officially* knows i'm a U2 nut. ;)

other things i got:
Sex & City Seasons 5 and 6 on DVD
Bridget Jones Diary on DVD
Itunes gift certificates
hat & scarf set
parka w/ fur trim

plus, leaving for india in just under 48 hours... i am very lucky, indeed. *grateful*

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:
Ally, I'll buy one of yours off you! ;)

heehee! no buying necessary- if it were up to me, i'd give it to ya for free! ;)

my dad is returning the copy he got for me, and is going to pick out something else instead. hopefully, he'll get Jon Stewart's 'America'- however, my dad is a republican and die-hard W fan, so he might not want to spend his money on 'liberal propaganda'... ;) :lol:

Books:

U2 Show
A wrinkle in time
A prayer for Owen Meany
NYT Crossword Collection
Chapters/Indigo Gift Certificate

CDs/DVDs:
Elvis - 1s
Bruce Springsteen - The River
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Seven

Clothes:
PJs (2 pairs, one flannel with sheep!)
Socks (multiple pairs of wool/angora for Canadian winters)

Perfume/MakeUp:
Ralph Lauren - Romance
Esprit - For My Peace
MAC - Lustreglass
MAC - Blush
The Body Shop - Coconut Gift Box

Cash:
$300

i got:

new skis, bindings (atomic's)
new guitar (fender stratocaster)
ncaa march madness 2005 (xbox)
october 1964 - book- by david halberstam
itunes gift card
u2 "hello hello" shirt
pajamas
'winter' shoes from ll bean
football
best buy gift card
more cash than i deserve
baseball signed by the la dodgers (uncle lives in vero beach near their ST site)
boxers
and of course...cookies.

Back
Top Bottom