MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wanderer,

Everything I've ever stated is most likely wrong. I came to that conclusion long ago. I have no doubts about that (wait a second if I just stated I have no doubts, then I probably do becaue everything I say is wrong. I dont know anymore).

well..I let myself listen to 3 tracks...
Sail to the Moon
2+2=5
There, There

I really like it
sail to the moon is beautiful
2+2=5 is like some kind of weird ammalgamation of Just(bends) and Pyramid Song(Amnesiac) :drool:

You know I'm going to back up deathbear's comment a few pages back about Tatu and Radiohead. I was listening to Sit Down, Stand Up and I half expected All The Things She Said to come screeching out.

Great songs, both.

yertle-the-turtle said:
You know I'm going to back up deathbear's comment a few pages back about Tatu and Radiohead. I was listening to Sit Down, Stand Up and I half expected All The Things She Said to come screeching out.

Great songs, both.

You should all be hung and quartered. Shame on you.

*grabs Thom and kicks you all in the shins*

We can wipe you out anytime,
We can wipe you out.

Cool political lyrics.

It's so weird to think some of these songs arent going to sound the same, it almost makes me not want to listen to the album anymore.

u2popmofo said:
We can wipe you out anytime,
We can wipe you out.

Cool political lyrics.

It's so weird to think some of these songs arent going to sound the same, it almost makes me not want to listen to the album anymore.

I've stopped. Now that I've listened to it, I can see how some parts aren't finished. Like in the beginning of Scatterbrain. Sounds awfully demo-y to me I dunno. We'll see how the finished album differes from these leaked tracks. Still fecking phenomenal though. Read a review on AtEase that said the album was awful and would totally kill RH's career. LOL! Poseurs.

I'm glad that this isn't the final version! This way we have something to tide us over until June but we can still look forward to the cd being even better. I haven't stopped listening to it. I listen to it constantly.

Here's what Johnny said today (from atease):

Jonny said theat the leaked tracks are stolen recordings of early work. Here's what he had to say:
"So it turns out the leaked music is a stolen copy of early, unmixed edits and roughs - so we're kind of pissed off about it, to be honest.
I see it like this (this is just me): there's napster-style file sharing of released music, then there's early internet distribution of what we at least consider to be a finished body of work. Then there's this - work we've not finished, being released in this sloppy way, ten weeks before the real version is even available. It doesn't even exist as a record yet.....
So yes, we're annoyed - the songs are good on the recordings, which you can hear. But we worked on them after this point until we were happy with them. This is why we're pissed off - we didn't give up on them in February (which is what you're hearing) and it's just a shame that, to your ears, we did.
So of course people will still download them and hear them, I can understand the temptation. It's not you lot I'm pissed off about, it's just the situation I guess. It's stolen work, fer fuck's sake.
What do you all think ? I know it'll come out for real eventually, and it'll all be fine, but I though you all might as well know what's in my head....
That's all. I thankew.
prissy artiste whinge over.
Are we all well though ?"

It's too bad they got screwed over like this. I truthfully would have much rather had the first thing I heard have been the real thing. I'm contemplating deleting what I've downloaded.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier...I've stopped listening. I'd rather have a fresh perspective come June.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Like I said earlier...I've stopped listening. I'd rather have a fresh perspective come June.

Are you still goinig to keep what you have? What do you think?

It might be cool to have those versions once I have the real thing, but at the same time I dont want them if the band didnt even think they were good versions to begin with.

u2popmofo said:

Are you still goinig to keep what you have? What do you think?

It might be cool to have those versions once I have the real thing, but at the same time I dont want them if the band didnt even think they were good versions to begin with.

Yeah, I'll def keep what I have. They're just not the finished products. But, between you and me I can't imagine the finished product being so completely different from these. I dunno. I might be wrong. (no pun intended):lol:

I totally know what you mean Heads. How can they be that drastically different? Who knows, I'm sure the subtle differences WILL make them sound better though.

We've got HeadsOnSticks,
You've got ventriloquists

There's a really big thread on this if you look at the top of the page :up:

I have it, I dont think I'm going to listen to it anymore though because these arent even the final versions. I dont want to end up with a weird judgement of the album from these copies.

u2popmofo said:
How dare you mock the fantasmulisticity of cowbells Heads?

Not mocking. Merely gesticulating.

Er, kidding.

Are you still listening to the boots?

I havent listened to the Hail to the Thief unfinished mix for about 5 days. I want to, but I wont let myself. I just listen to other Radiohead instead.

Yeah, me too. It'z hard though. I want to listen so badly, but I know it'z not zee finished product.

Yeah, I've had quite the hankering for a little Where I End and You Begin.

It's calling my name, over and over and over. I'll listen to Ok Computer instead I think.

Back
Top Bottom