MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gickies Gageeze said:
anyone else think that the beginning of sit down stand up is a mixture between electrical storm (with the triangle) and tatu's all the things she said?

:sexywink:

hahahahhahahahahahahaa

Tatu, my favorite Russian lesbians. Actually, the only Russian lesbians I know of.

Man is Hail To the Theif AWESOME on headphones.

:help:

I've tried all the links and can't download squat.:banghead:

can someone please list exactly where to go and what to do?

graciously yours,

a fellow radiohead fan.:angel: :macdevil:

I dont know. This album is absolutely fantastic, in my opinion it's better and more commecial than their last few.

But at the same time there arent really any songs on the album with immensly catchy choruses (there are a few good ones though), so they probably wont really win over too many new fans in the mainstream.

I predict it will be a huge hit with the press, possibly get some of their best ratings EVER. I dont really thing it will be a huge seller or be excessively relevant for the mainstream though. That's not a bad thing though.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
I dont know. This album is absolutely fantastic, in my opinion it's better and more commecial than their last few.

But at the same time there arent really any songs on the album with immensly catchy choruses (there are a few good ones though), so they probably wont really win over too many new fans in the mainstream.

I predict it will be a huge hit with the press, possibly get some of their best ratings EVER. I dont really thing it will be a huge seller or be excessively relevant for the mainstream though. That's not a bad thing though.

I have to agree. Bet you $20 Rolling Stone gives it 5 stars. Well, they fecking better after the White Stripes review. Sheesh.

I know HeadsOnSticks, I'm really going to have to listen to the White Stripes album to get my own opinion. 5 stars? We will see.

I believe this Radiohead album deserves 5 stars, seriously. What are your favorite songs from it so far Heads?

Ummm...it's still SO hard to choose, but right off the bat I absolutely adore:

2+2=5 (duh)
Backdrifts
Sail To The Moon
Go To Sleep (almost lulls you into it. Rocking,swaying...)
Where I End & You begin (wicked shuffling drum beat and bass riff.)
We Suck Young Blood (love those claps!)

Last edited:
Just saw this...whaddya think? BS?

Leaked MP3's: Unmastered material

It seems that the mp3's from the new album are not the final versions. A moderator at CMJ magazine's forums, tomcmj, has said "got this in the office on friday afternoon (i think it's mastered; usually an unmastered advance will say so on it, and this one doesn't). been listening to it all weekend. as expected, it's really good. i'll have to listen to it more before saying where it'll fall in my radiohead preference order." and then "oh guys also, i just downloaded the version that's on the net. chicagomike is right, that's not mastered. don't judge the record by that; those are different, unmastered mixes from what appears on the final version of the record. the record sounds a LOT better than that. guess studio security ain't quite what it should be these days. " [thanks Questionman]

I REALLY like all of them, but the one's I really get into when I hear them right now are:

2+2=5
Where I End & You Begin
There There
Punchup at a Wedding
A Wolf At the Door
Sit Down, Stand Up

Screw it, they're all great, this is an absolutely solid album. If it doesnt get fantastic ratings I'll punch myself in the face, 3 times. I cant believe we got a hold of it so freaking early! I cant complain. Hopefully the actual album will be released sooner now.

u2popmofo said:
I REALLY like all of them, but the one's I really get into when I hear them right now are:

2+2=5
Where I End & You Begin
There There
Punchup at a Wedding
A Wolf At the Door
Sit Down, Stand Up

Screw it, they're all great, this is an absolutely solid album. If it doesnt get fantastic ratings I'll punch myself in the face, 3 times. I cant believe we got a hold of it so freaking early! I cant complain. Hopefully the actual album will be released sooner now.

Yeah, hopefully it'll be bumped up a month or so. I agree tho. The whole album is just so fantastic...my fave song changes every 5 mins.

The Gloaming is the shit too. Kinda like a wierd cross b/w Kid A and Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors.

I seriously want to hear every single song performed live!! That's how good the album is.

Have you seen Radiohead in concert? I havent.

I personally think that this is probably the finished version. It might not be mastered, but I pretty much think the songs are in their finished state. The mixing and producing sounds done. Mp3's seriously always sound worse, so who knows.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Sounds pretty damn finished to me.
Yeah, I have seen them. 3 times. First was at the Greek Theater in Hollywood when Kid A came out. I had 5th row tix. I cannot even describe to you in words how it was. So I wont'. I saw them again summer before last for the Amnesiac tour. 2 nights in a row at the Santa Barbara Bowl. Fucking earth shateringly phenomenal.

Lucky. I really hope they do actually come to SLC like it's rumored.

Yeah, Hail to the Theif has to be Radiohead's best album. It may not be thier most commercial and catchy album (like the first 3), but it's easily got be their best written and produced. All of the songs catch you on the first listen. That's impressive.

No chance Gickies, they're ever so talented. So talented that they cant even lipsych to their own songs worth a crap.

Unfortunately, that guy just got a cease and desist letter from EMI, so the mp3s are no longer available.

And in other news, I'm going to have to merge this thread.

man who transcribed the lyrics at atease? are my mp3s much clearer or something?

he's got:
?
our tapes are bittering

i clearly hear:
all evidence has been buried
all tapes have been erased

backdrifts is awesome by the way. i love the piano solo.. and everything else.

as far as the popularity thing.. i think this one will most definately do better than kid a and amnesiac did. a lot of these songs are actually really catchy.. or at least a lot easier to get into than the last two records. I wouldn't be too surprised if it caused a huge stir commercially. I would be very surprised if it doesn't cause a huge stir critically.

alright, now that ive listened to everything at least 5 times, i have some comments.

there there is slaughtered. im sorry, but this version has no balls compared to the live version. im really, REALLY hoping the "mastered" copy will be louder.

sit down stand up. great song, except wheres the beat?? the live version had a drum machine that was as loud as it is during idioteque. you can barely hear it at all now! i mean, you have to actually think about it to hear it!

2+2=5 should be louder too. the paying attention part is unbelievably awesome, but the rest, it just doesnt make sense. its far too quite.

the whole album is too quiet. i really dont believe this is the final product, it cant be.

ok, when you read my above post, bear in mind im extremely grouchy, im not in a good mood, im not happy, im tired, and some could say im irritable.

i need to make it clear that i fully expect the real thing to sound fuller. then everything will be just fine.

im sorry if i sound down. im just grouchy, upset, angry, unhappy, tired, not happy, and irritable.

I refuse to listen to the whole thing, I gave in and listened to 2+2=5 and there,there and thats it.........

call me oldfashioned
call me stupid
call me susan....whatever.......

btw, those 2 tracks were excellent............

Back
Top Bottom