MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It means whatever the hell you want it to mean.

PS- mofo kiester-kicking ETA... now.

:wink:

I will tell your male-madam about how you sassed me. He'll man-biotch slap the taste out of your mouth.

You're invited EP. 'No Suprises' there, right? Feeling 'Lucky'?

Cujo's 'Been Thinking About You'.

Of course, "dirty songs for dirty people"... like bear.

Speaking of dirty, I didn't order smell-o-vision with my IMAX experience. Words can't describe the B.O. that hovered around the pungeant gentleman (I use that in the loosest way possible) sitting in front of me. I actually cried of laughter and pain.

Great show.

True Love Waits :up:

I really liked the large amount of KidA content in the show.

I got to see the encore twice :up: :up:

Sidenote: the proprietors of the theatre started showing the concert live as we arrived, but only giving us 2 songs. Then, out of an act of pure defiance... they tried to subdue the crowd with a dose of U2. The first 7 tracks of the Best of 1980-1990. It was interesting to see U2 as the opening act for Radiohead... but there were definitely a few hostile headers who couldn't wait for the headliners. I hid underneath my seat until the U2 opening was done... scared at the prospects of a certain smelly patron attacking me with more than his aroma.

:sexywink:

yeah that was pretty awesome!! i loved true love waits, and climbing up the walls, and sit down stand up, and well it was all rather well done. It's just too bad they aren't doing I Will live these days... I wanted to see that.

i wanted to see airbag, but alas they didnt. at least they played fake plastic trees.

it was all great, but i could do without no surprises and karma police.

did anyone else think lucky was brilliant?

Do you have the list of the songs that were played?

I didn't download the album, I'm waiting for June 10th to buy it... The show was really great and I'd like to put names on the songs I didn't know!

Badyouken said:
Do you have the list of the songs that were played?

I didn't download the album, I'm waiting for June 10th to buy it... The show was really great and I'd like to put names on the songs I didn't know!

01 there there
02 2+2=5
03 the national anthem
04 morning bell
05 scatterbrain
06 kid a
07 go to sleep
08 climbing up the walls
09 backdrifts
10 sail to the moon
11 sit down. stand up
12 no surprises
13 talk show host
14 where i end and you begin
15 paranoid android
16 idioteque
17 after the gold rush opens into everything in it's right place

encore #1
18 i might be wrong
19 the gloaming
20 punch-up at a wedding
21 fake plastic trees

encore #2
22 karma police
23 lucky

encore #3
24 true love waits (thom solo)

What show is this all of you are talking about?

I honestly have no clue. Are there mp3's available somewhere or something?

yeah i picked up the album yesterday. the sleeve in roadmap style is weird and doesn't fit in my cd rack. but i knew that when i decided on purchasing that one and not the normal cd. it feels good though when you hold it in your hand. a different experience than any ordinary jewel case. that's ok with this record, it suits the music.
and yes, ultimately its all about the music and you all know that. what great sounds to finally hear it. i kept myself a virgin with this record, didnt want to spoil it with crappy mp3 sound. i must say that the longer the internet and mp3 exist, the more i value the sound of cd audio quality. with a lot of music it doesnt matter though, but with this record it does. im happy now. after a couple of listens i must say that my favorites would be sail to the moon and we suck young blood. but that will change definitely. on first listen i thought the gloaming wasnt much. but now i rank it 4th i think.

ah but scatterbrain is maybe the most beautiful song. about three spins after my previous post i would definitely say that.

only a couple of more days to go. I'm dying already. I'm going to have a Dyonissius (sp?) style listening party on Tuesday. Good wine, good food, good friends, good 420, and of course the lads from Oxford. :drool:

HeadsOnSticks said:

:wink:

I applaud your euphemism.

Mofo, the concert was live from New York City... and I think it was simul-cast on MTV2. Was it live on TV, or are they going to play it at a later date? My Canadianess leaves me impotent to American programming.

From what you guys have heard of the album so far, how do you compare (I don't want to say rate it) HTTT to OK Computer and the Bends? I haven't heard much of the mastered versions... I want to be a virgin for Tuesday :sexywink:

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
no album on earth will ever beat ok computer period.

There was an article in the Calgary Herald about that today... the "state" of Radiohead, and how they are always limited by comparisons to OK Computer. That's why I brought it up.

Cujo, the band themselves have been calling the album "Ok Computer Part II", so they apparently think it's in the same vein.

I personally think it's kind of a mix between everything they did in the '90's and their last 2 albums.

u2popmofo said:
Cujo, the band themselves have been calling the album "Ok Computer Part II", so they apparently think it's in the same vein.

I personally think it's kind of a mix between everything they did in the '90's and their last 2 albums.

yeah, exactly. i would say it sounds a bit more like amnesiac than ok computer though. i say amnesiac because that's a bit more of a mellow record than kid a, just like this one. all beautiful sounds and a little less bleeps this time.

Kid A :up:

That's my favorite of their work... doesn't necessarily make it the best though.

Maybe I'd agree with the newfie... all depending on the type of hair of which Basstrap is referring...

:sexywink:

Last edited:
...and so I bought Hail To The Thief. It was in two editions, special (limited edition) and the regular one, and I was unfortunately fifty cents short of getting the limited edition. Damn you, HMV for pricing it at 22.95 and not 21.95.

Also got a rather cheap looking T-shirt with it. Orange RADIOHEAD HAIL TO THE THIEF on a navy blue background.

Back
Top Bottom