MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radiohead_spoof_M.jpg

HAIL TO TO THE MISCHIEF MAKERS!

Wannabe HOLLYWOOD stars looking for their big break are being fooled by a secret poster campaign to promote the new RADIOHEAD album.

Posters appeared across Los Angeles last week that, on the surface, looked like a recruitment ad for a 'Pop Idol'-style talent competition.

However, closer inspection reveals it to be made up from the lyrics to the new Radiohead song 'We Suck Young Blood' from 'Hail To The Thief' - a track Thom Yorke recently said was about Hollywood lifestyle.

The poster reads 'Hungry? Sick? Begging for a break? Sweet? Fresh? Would you do anything? We suck young blood? We want sweet meats.' The poster gives a number, 1-866-868-4433, which translates to: 1 866-tot-hief.

NME.COM tried to get through to offer their services, but the phone remained unanswered.

In other Radiohead news, the band are launching their own Internet television station next month. www.radiohead.tv is currently live, and will be updated throughout the year.

A source close to the band told NME.COM: "Thom wants it to be called www.the-most-gigantic-lying-mouth-of-all-time.com, but for ease of reference, it'll bewww.radiohead.tv! The concept is that it will be an online TV station wholly dedicated to new Radiohead.

"Footage will include promo videos, webcast footage from live gigs as well as webcast footage from the studio. There are also a number of actual new Radiohead TV style programmes being put together which will be half an hour in length. Fans are being asked to contribute to the station by sending in tapes or video files of their own versions visual footage set to new Radiohead tracks. The contributions will be selected by the band and edited together and screened on TV."

The first two-minute trailer will go live with the promo video for 'There There' on May 10, and the site will fully launch on May 26 with a 30-minute show.

En route to my sweaty palms as we speak is the MASTERED version of HTTT. I'll let ya'll know when I get it and I'll make copies for whomever wants. ( EP, Gickies, U2Popmofo, I was Bored etc...):hyper: :faint:

HeadsOnSticks said:
En route to my sweaty palms as we speak is the MASTERED version of HTTT. I'll let ya'll know when I get it and I'll make copies for whomever wants. ( EP, Gickies, U2Popmofo, I was Bored etc...):hyper: :faint:

:| howd you swing that??

I have a friend who lives in LA, his cousin works for Capitol Records. I guess he felt generous. Lucky for me...and all of you. I'll let you know when I get it!

HeadsOnSticks said:

Heads, I will donate all my organs to you if you did this for me!!

u2popmofo said:

Heads, I will donate all my organs to you if you did this for me!!

No need for that. It would be my pleasure.

BTW... for all you So Cal RH fans:

Hollywood Bowl
It was mentioned on the radio program "Morning Becomes Eclectic" on KCRW yesterday that Radiohead will be playing the Hollywood Bowl this Summer. No date was announced. Stay tuned...

Radiohead Swagger on "Thief"

Band marries old and new sounds on sixth album

"We wanted to relearn the art of putting out shorter songs," says Radiohead guitarist Ed O'Brien. "Keeping it succinct instead of taking the listener on a journey."
On their sixth album, Hail to the Thief (due June 10th), Radiohead return to the masterful songwriting of their early work but flavor it with the experimentation of their last two CDs, 2000's Kid A and 2001's Amnesiac. Songs pulsate, skitter electronically and turn into distorted gospel numbers -- but they also rock.

"On tour in 2001 in America, I think we learned to swagger as a band," O'Brien explains. "We wanted to capture that on record. We also didn't want to spend too long in the studio."

The group recorded Thief primarily over a marathon two-week session in Los Angeles with their customary producer, Nigel Godrich. The results are stunning, such as on the opener, "2 + 2 = 5," which builds from droning blips into passionate rock. Its lyrics include the title phrase "Hail to the thief," which O'Brien says is not intended simply as a reference to George W. Bush.

Other highlights include the fuzzed-out "Myxomatosis," which takes its name from a disease that killed British rabbits, and the yearning ballad "I Will," on which singer Thom Yorke is accompanied by just a keyboard.

While Thief is gloomy, the recording had one bright spot, according to O'Brien: "This is the first album where, at the end of making it, we haven't wanted to kill each other."

Haha, I just read that on Rollingstone too. I was like, keyboards only huh? Coulda fooled me.

only keyboards... oh yes that's a good one... so rollingstone couldn't get it's head out of its ass long enough to actually HEAR the song?

Rolling Stone does suck, but this quote rules.....

"This is the first album where, at the end of making it, we haven't wanted to kill each other."
-Ed

Elvis Presley said:
Rolling Stone does suck, but this quote rules.....

"This is the first album where, at the end of making it, we haven't wanted to kill each other."
-Ed

:lol:

I just listened to the album in its entirety again.

For some reason I'm totally hooked on "I Will" now. Cant get it out of my head.

Little babies' eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes

Yeah, it's such a great tune. I kinda wish they would've put "Follow Me Around" on the album as well.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Yeah, it's such a great tune. I kinda wish they would've put "Follow Me Around" on the album as well.

Definitly a great song.

I sure would love to hear a studio version of "True Love Waits" sometime.

Doubt that will happen, but I can dream.

u2popmofo said:

Definitly a great song.

I sure would love to hear a studio version of "True Love Waits" sometime.

Doubt that will happen, but I can dream.

Yeah. I'm sure they have a rough version on tape somewhere.

What is your favorite Radiohead B-side/rarity?

Tough choice isnt it?

I would have to choose from these:

Talkshow Host
Killer Cars
Lull
The Trickster

You tell me yours. Now.

favorite b-side

a reminder

ok, maybe thats not a b-side

uh, then lets make it talk show host or killer cars or true love waits or or

Back