MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I broke down and listened to Where I End and You Begin today.

I also listened to most of Ok Computer, I need to finish it.

HeadsOnSticks and I are boycotting listening to the unfinished version of the new Radiohead album.

We both downloaded it and listened to it a bunch, but now we dont want to since we found out that it's not the official release, but just unfinished mixes.

i'm boycotting listening to it because i left my cd in a computer at school.

nitin sawhney is cool

I dont know Sicy. I know they've supposedly released the real radio edit of the new single "There There", but no one has an mp3 of it yet.

They've supposedly sent out the real versions of the album to be reviewed now, so the radio could possibly have one of those, or they could just be playing the mp3's too.

We aren't all boycotting the unfinished mp3s. I think it will be interesting to see the progression and I don't think it will spoil the official version when I get a chance to hear it.

u2popmofo said:
I broke down and listened to Where I End and You Begin today.

I also listened to most of Ok Computer, I need to finish it.

Yeah, I couldn't hack it either. Broke down and listened to "Punch Up @ the wedding."

Almost threw my monitor across the room. Realized I needed to be sensible, so put on Amnesiac instead.
"Wheeeeeered you paaaaark the caaaaaaaaaaaaaaar?!?"

Sicy said:
Um just listen to it. I dont get what the big deal is :shrug:

tellin it like it is! lol. I can see their point, but i don't really agree. mofo and headson sticks are purist types ;)

I heard the unmastered album, it's good, but not mind blowing. I loved Radiohead but now Sigur Ros is somewhat becoming more interesting to me now.

david said:
I heard the unmastered album, it's good, but not mind blowing. I loved Radiohead but now Sigur Ros is somewhat becoming more interesting to me now.

Unfinished, not unmastered. A lot of the songs arent even final mixes.

Gickies Gageeze said:

btw, jo wiley is playing the real there there on monday (april 14) sometime during her show.

Yeah, I cant wait to hear the final version. I really like that song!

I think I must draw a line in the sand and say that while Sigur Ros are makers of quite beautiful music, Radiohead are miles ahead of them... or in a different ballpark at least. As I see it, Radiohead write in parables. Sigur Ros write pure sonic wastelands. Their music is gorgeous but it strays awfully close to nothing at all. I'm turning into an old fart... I need something to hold onto.

Yes, more drum sounds please. Come on kids, these are only mp3s, of course it's going to sound a bit flat. The songs are very promising. If I had a gripe it might be that I don't sense much in the way of forward motion. To me the songs sound exactly like I expected them to sound. It's a very natural extension of Kid A and Amnesiac. It's not unexpected or different at all, at least not in terms of what Radiohead have been doing for a few years now.

All that said, I like the new songs a lot. That's all you can ask for, really.

Record company you will drop my bombs
Radio station you are now in uniform
All soloists will be taken to the hospitality room and shot
this is an historical moment
I'm a commander...

MrBrau1 said:
Listened to 2 times. Guess I can look forward to their next one, unless this is a real grower.

The version that's online isnt even the ACTUAL version. It's an early version of the mixes. The real album hasnt been released yet.

The version my friend burned has a song called "Alligators in NY Sewers" and "Screaming Backwards" on it. I haven't seen these mentioned here. What are they?

MrBrau1 said:
The version my friend burned has a song called "Alligators in NY Sewers" and "Screaming Backwards" on it. I haven't seen these mentioned here. What are they?

They arent on the album at all, they are old rarities.

ya, mr brau it sounds like you dont even have the leaked versions. :p

btw, im listening to the REAL there there right now. crappy radio quality, but even still its a good improvement from the leaked version of the song.

I just downloaded the "new" radio version. I personally dont think it sounds all that different from the previous version. There are some subtle differnces I suppose.

I'd like to see something on what's actually different in it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom