MERGED ---> ALL MP3 posts/requests for Live 8 go here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neutral, is it ok if we also flog some of these files? :drool:
these are brilliant! im still waiting for the show to be broadcast on tv here!

hippy said:
For anyone who's interested... I found the London running order... relatively accurate... at least the artists are in order:

Live 8: Hyde Park running order
The centrepiece of Live 8 day is the star-studded concert to be held in London's Hyde Park.
The official running order was revealed by the organisers shortly before the concert kicked off at 1400 BST. By the early stages the concert was already running off schedule.

1406 Sir Paul McCartney and U2: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

U2: Beautiful Day, Vertigo, One

1441 Coldplay: In My Place, Fix You

Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft: Bitter Sweet Symphony

1501 Sir Elton John (introduced by Little Britain's Matt Lucas and David Walliams): Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, The Bitch is Back

Sir Elton John and Pete Doherty: Children of the Revolution

1521 Dido: White Flag, Thank You, Seven Seconds

1541 Stereophonics: Dakota, Local Boy In The Photograph, Bartender And The Thief, Superman

1601 REM (introduced by Ricky Gervais): Imitation of Life, Everybody Hurts, Man on the Moon

1621 Ms Dynamite: Dy-na-mi-tee, Judgement Day, Redemption Song

1641 Keane: Bed Shaped, Somewhere Only We Know

1701 Travis: Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Travis with Bob Geldof: I Don't Like Mondays

1721 Annie Lennox (introduced by Brad Pitt): Why, Little Bird, Sweet Dreams

1741 UB40: Medley - Food For Thought, Who You Fighting For, Reasons, Red Red Wine, Can't Help Falling In Love

1801 Snoop Dogg: Medley - Ups And Downs, It's A G Thang, Drop It, Signs, What's My Name

1821 Razorlight: Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice

1841 Madonna: Like a Prayer, Music, Ray of Light

1901 Snow Patrol: Chocolate, Run

1906 The Killers: All These Things That I've Done

1926 Joss Stone: Super Duper Love, I Had A Dream, Some Kind of Wonderful

1946 Scissor Sisters: Laura, Take Your Mama, Everybody Wants The Same Thing

2006 Velvet Revolver: Do It For The Kids

2026 Sting: Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose

2046 Mariah Carey: Vision of Love, Make It Happen, We Belong Together

2106 Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You, Feel, Angels

2126 The Who (introduced by Peter Kay): Who Are You?, Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley, Behind Blue Eyes

2149 Pink Floyd: TBC (Expected to play four songs including Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here)

2211 Sir Paul McCartney: TBC (Expected to play five songs including The Long and Winding Road)

Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger

I do believe the Who only played 2 songs - Who Are You and Won't Get Fooled Again. Pink FLoyd did play 4, the 4th song being 'Breathe', but not in that order (not that I recall the order in which most of the bands played their songs). McCartney played: Get Back, Drive My Car (with George Michael), Helter Skelter, The Long & Winding Road, and the finale which went from the end of the previous song into the chorus of Hey Jude... No Mick Jagger to be found... And I never saw Sting do 'Desert Rose'. Just Driven to Tears, Message In A Bottle, and the re-worded Every Breath You Take...

Just my 2 cents
twocents.gif

Does anybody got the mp3 performance of Deep Purple from Barrie, Canada???:(

I'm trying to find this...

Hi, i'd like to know something. There was song i liked but i dont' know the name of the band. It was a rock song The lead singer was wearing sunglasses, short hair and he didn't look over 26. Maybe Snow patrol? It was in london.

I am looking for the Killers and Dido to complete my Hyde Park collection. I would be very greatful if some one could hook me up with ysi or something.

The Canada show (where I am) was very disappointing, but its about the cause in the end. I caught most of the UK show delayed thru CTV (thank God they Rock!).

Thanks for your help neutral. Sweet!

Sorry that I am such a tard at these things. I wish I could help you find what you need. Our Lady Peace were one of the few bright spots of the Canada show. I haven't been around to search for this show yet myself.

alexvilagosh said:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ChainofFlowers/audiovideo.html

Thanks for the last thing I was after too, the Killers!

3 piece version of 'Just Like Heaven', impressive (though the sound quality is horrible). Looks like this 3 piece thing will end up working out.

Where I can find Elton john, Velvet Revolver, and well... Bon Jovi, LP, Stevie Wonder, Zucchero?

(The CD is coming together :yes: )

Back
Top Bottom