MERGED-->All Current Pearl Jam Discussion Here (Including Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
XP2002 Video player. My bro installed it, then again my bro installs so many damn software I dunno what half of them are for! LOL

Hey, do you know the story behind Eddie's Surprise appearance on Letterman in '96? Where he sang that bit of BLACK? I saw the a small clip of it... and it shows Letterman singing or trying to sing "BLACK" and Paul playing the music to it.... I was just wondering why Letterman was singing Black in the first place! LOL

Eddie looked hot there! :drool:

Last edited:
ok...I don't have that. XP whatever that is. :der:
I love that surprise visit on Letterman...I dunno if Dave asked him to come on the show or what...but my god...he's so hot there :drool:
Yah...and Letterman was trying to sing Black...and doing a *terrible* job of it. :lol:

LMAO Yes Letterman was doing a bad bad bad job at it! LOL

I'm just watching all these PJ clips and it gets me wondering! LOL

The one that kinda makes me so :ohmy: is Eddie and Mike doing "Masters of War" from '92..... Eddie's expressions through out the whole song ...:ohmy: !! That's my reaction!

Re: Video link for take me out to the ball game!!

Thanks Autumn! :

What do you think of Ed's comments on the East Troy show:

Transcribed from Encore Break 2 - East Troy Bootleg.........

"Power to the people man.... The real people, the people that work, not the people that sit in their towers, and try to run the whole thing, thinking we're too stupid to notice what they're doing! They get us in our little holes, and our boxes, and our cages and they show us American Idol and American Gladiator and American.... blowjob, buttfuck, whatever. And everyone watches with baited breath. Oh, who's going to get a blowjob tonight (on TV)? What American is going to get a blowjob tonight? When in reality, you could be getting one yourself instead of watching the fucking TV, I don't know. I digress! I'm going to get a guitar (for Hide Your Love Away). But we were just talking in the back, and we were thinking that maybe uh, on the strength of a night like this, and uh, really, uh, so you understand how much we appreciate it, we were thinking that instead of uh, waiting 2 years or even, uh, after we finish the next record, maybe just next summer, we could come back and play, just a few places that we've been to and this would be one of them. and hopefully even in a year, the world will be a little more straightened out."

Kinda gets me all :hyper: But who knows!!! Would be very cool though!!

Last edited:
:heart: Eddie's Biceps :heart:

chicago7.jpg

littlerock14.jpg

littlerock9.jpg

Re: Re: Video link for take me out to the ball game!!

Mrs. Vedder said:
Thanks Autumn! :

What do you think of Ed's comments on the East Troy show:

Transcribed from Encore Break 2 - East Troy Bootleg.........

"Power to the people man.... The real people, the people that work, not the people that sit in their towers, and try to run the whole thing, thinking we're too stupid to notice what they're doing! They get us in our little holes, and our boxes, and our cages and they show us American Idol and American Gladiator and American.... blowjob, buttfuck, whatever. And everyone watches with baited breath. Oh, who's going to get a blowjob tonight (on TV)? What American is going to get a blowjob tonight? When in reality, you could be getting one yourself instead of watching the fucking TV, I don't know. I digress! I'm going to get a guitar (for Hide Your Love Away). But we were just talking in the back, and we were thinking that maybe uh, on the strength of a night like this, and uh, really, uh, so you understand how much we appreciate it, we were thinking that instead of uh, waiting 2 years or even, uh, after we finish the next record, maybe just next summer, we could come back and play, just a few places that we've been to and this would be one of them. and hopefully even in a year, the world will be a little more straightened out."

Kinda gets me all :hyper: But who knows!!! Would be very cool though!!
OME!!! :faint:
This is the coolest news I've heard in a while!!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Thanks Mon :kiss:
Oh and those pics of the biceps :faint:

last nights show was awesome. Here is the setlist. Bootleg purchased. I had not seen them since 98 - I forgot how awesome they are.

1. Can't Keep
2. Small Town
3. Off He Goes
4. Corduroy
5. Green Disease
6. Save You
7. Even Flow
8. Nothing As It Seems
9. Crop Duster
10. 1/2 Full
11. Give Me Some Truth
12. Daughter
13. Thumbing My Way
14. Given To Fly
15. You Are
16. Betterman
17. Black
18. RVM
19. Encore Break 1
20. Do The Evolution
21. Spin The Black Circle
22. Blood
23. Why Go
24. Know Your Rights
25. Jeremy
26. Indifference
27. Encore Break 2
28. Rocking In The Free World
29. Yellow Ledbetter

DiGi said:
last nights show was awesome. Here is the setlist. Bootleg purchased. I had not seen them since 98 - I forgot how awesome they are.

1. Can't Keep
2. Small Town
3. Off He Goes
4. Corduroy
5. Green Disease
6. Save You
7. Even Flow
8. Nothing As It Seems
9. Crop Duster
10. 1/2 Full
11. Give Me Some Truth
12. Daughter
13. Thumbing My Way
14. Given To Fly
15. You Are
16. Betterman
17. Black
18. RVM
19. Encore Break 1
20. Do The Evolution
21. Spin The Black Circle
22. Blood
23. Why Go
24. Know Your Rights
25. Jeremy
26. Indifference
27. Encore Break 2
28. Rocking In The Free World
29. Yellow Ledbetter
:drool:
Awesome setlist!
OMG...you got Indifference!!
That is one stacked setlist!!! :hyper:
I'm glad you realized how awesome they are, Digi! :yes:
They always put on an amazing show...live is what they live for!
I just got back from seeing PJ inToronto and Montreal.....
What fookin rockin shows those were!!! :faint:
Montreal was loud as hell!!!! I remembered on the Elevation tour...that Montreal was the loudest crowd for U2. Well....I think the city did the same for PJ! LOL!
And thanks to PJ's fanclub....I had 4th row for both shows!!! Yay! :hyper: They are SOOOO good to their fans!! :cute:
AND here's the kicker!!
I got Mike McCready's guitar pick in Montreal!!!! He threw me one and I fucking caught it!!! Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!! :hyper:
He gave me alot of eye contact!! I blew him a kiss and he nodded his head and winked!! :faint:
Off to both MSG shows in New York next....I can't fookin wait!!!

Boston 1 and 2 rocked. During the 3 nights here they have vowed to try to play the entire tour catalog (not likley but it'll be a good percentage) and they are not repeating a single song on any of the 3 nights (That was true for the last 2 nights, no repeats at all wouldn't it be nice to see U2 do something like that?)
Got a Jeff pick Wed. and a Mike pick Thurs. Fan club had me in 2nd row Wed...sweet.
Can't wait for the 11th.

Kind of wishing I had made the trek to NYC for the 2 MSG shows now. From what I've seen from other posts, my fan club seniority would have put me about 6 or 7 rows back on the floor.
Enjoy tonight.

Have you heard about what they're doing on the 11th?
In an effort to keep their promise of playing the entire tour catalog in Boston, they will hit the stage at 6:30 for an hour, leave while Sleater-Kinney does their thing, then come back for the full set at 8:45.
So its like seeing PJ twice on one night.
Can't wait.

Last edited:
just back from the garden... man what a show. the crowd was great, pj was better... highlight of the night might of been eddie taking out a cell phone and calling johnny ramone on stage... he wasn't home, so we all left a message... a very zoo-tv-esque stunt, i must say... here's 2night's setlist...

1.Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams cover)
2.Save You
3.Hail, Hail
4.Whipping
5.Corduroy
6.Red Mosquito
7.Dissident
8.I Am Mine
9.Get Right
10.Given To Fly
11.Evacuation
12.Even Flow
--Eddie calls Johnny Ramone
13.I Believe In Miracles (Ramones cover)
14.Untitled
15.MFC
16.Deep
17.Present Tense
18.Nothingman
19.State Of Love And Trust
20.Porch
--encore break
21.You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles cover)
22.Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
23.Glorified G
24.All Or None
25.Do The Evolution
26.Alive
--second encore break
27.Go
28.Know Your Rights (Clash cover)
29.Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young cover)
30.Yellow Ledbetter

Last edited:
Pearl Jam will be playing by area tonight in Hershey PA! I'll be going! Its Pearl Jams first show ever in south central PA!

just back from both New York shows!!! :drool:
Had an amazing time....didn't want to leave New York :(
If there's anyone here who saw the Boston 3 show...you are the luckiest mother:censored:!!!!
I can't believe they played a preset before Sleater Kinney!! :hyper:
It better be on the bootleg!! :hyper:

Well I have been lucky to see both the longest show of the tour and perhaps the shortest. The longest of course refers to the Penn State show in May, where Pearl Jam played for over 3 and half hours. Tonights show in Hershey was about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Hershey has a very strict policy in which bands are not allowed to play past 11 pm. They would go so far as to pull the plug on the power if a band tried to play longer. After seeing the Penn State show, this felt like seeing 1/2 a Pearl Jam show. But it was still awesome! The big surprise of the night was to see them play "Driven To Tears" by the Police. They actually played a more jazzy version of the song, the way Sting himself would actually play it.

Here is the set list for the show:

1. Love Boat Captain
2. Last Exit
3. Animal
4. Do The Evolution
5. Help Help
6. Grievance
7. Get Right
8. Small Town
9. Immortality
10. Even Flow
11. Deep
12. Lukin
13. Corduroy
14. Thumbing My Way
15. Thin Air
16. Once
17. Insignificance
18. Rearviewmirror

19. Driven To Tears
20. Whipping
21. Glorified G
22. Daughter
23. Crazy Mary
24. Alive

25. State Of Love And Trust
26. Rockin' In the Free World

hey Sting...sounds like a short but sweet show...lol...you know...2hrs and 10 minutes for most bands isn't short :lmao:
Just goes to show you how spoiled we are as PJ fans. :heart:
And yes...their cover of Driven to Tears is kick ass. :yes:

STING2 said:
Well I have been lucky to see both the longest show of the tour and perhaps the shortest. The longest of course refers to the Penn State show in May, where Pearl Jam played for over 3 and half hours. Tonights show in Hershey was about 2 hours and 10 minutes. Hershey has a very strict policy in which bands are not allowed to play past 11 pm. They would go so far as to pull the plug on the power if a band tried to play longer. After seeing the Penn State show, this felt like seeing 1/2 a Pearl Jam show. But it was still awesome! The big surprise of the night was to see them play "Driven To Tears" by the Police. They actually played a more jazzy version of the song, the way Sting himself would actually play it.

Here is the set list for the show:

1. Love Boat Captain
2. Last Exit
3. Animal
4. Do The Evolution
5. Help Help
6. Grievance
7. Get Right
8. Small Town
9. Immortality
10. Even Flow
11. Deep
12. Lukin
13. Corduroy
14. Thumbing My Way
15. Thin Air
16. Once
17. Insignificance
18. Rearviewmirror

19. Driven To Tears
20. Whipping
21. Glorified G
22. Daughter
23. Crazy Mary
24. Alive

25. State Of Love And Trust
26. Rockin' In the Free World

Sting, I was at the same two shows. Hershey was short, but not bad considering what they put themselves through the night before in Boston. I think they knew about the curfew deal and didn't goof around much between songs. They still played 26 songs after all. Ed didn't say a lot , except to the "Mosquito bites" chick:ohmy:

LMAO they should have switched Whipping for "Red Mosquito" right there- woulda been classic!!

mmmBono said:
just back from both New York shows!!! :drool:
Had an amazing time....didn't want to leave New York :(
If there's anyone here who saw the Boston 3 show...you are the luckiest mother:censored:!!!!
I can't believe they played a preset before Sleater Kinney!! :hyper:
It better be on the bootleg!! :hyper:
I was there...it was an amazing show.
And the official word is that the preset will be included on the boot.
It clocked in at 3hrs 35 minutes total of PJ, so it may have barely outdistanced Penn State for total time.

Hewson said:

I was there...it was an amazing show.
And the official word is that the preset will be included on the boot.
It clocked in at 3hrs 35 minutes total of PJ, so it may have barely outdistanced Penn State for total time.
Wow...that is awesome...can NOT wait for this boot!! Thanks Hewson :cute:

Ok I don't hate you all! :wink: But I'm so jealous! :( I wish I was there at those shows!! *sigh*

But I'm so excited about the Mexico shows! :faint: :hyper: I can't wait to hear the boots!! OHMYEDDIE!!! AAAAHH! I want a DVD from Mexico damn it! :scream:

:heart: PEARL JAM :heart:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
just back from the garden... man what a show. the crowd was great, pj was better... highlight of the night might of been eddie taking out a cell phone and calling johnny ramone on stage... he wasn't home, so we all left a message... a very zoo-tv-esque stunt, i must say... here's 2night's setlist...

1.Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams cover)
2.Save You
3.Hail, Hail
4.Whipping
5.Corduroy
6.Red Mosquito
7.Dissident
8.I Am Mine
9.Get Right
10.Given To Fly
11.Evacuation
12.Even Flow
--Eddie calls Johnny Ramone
13.I Believe In Miracles (Ramones cover)
14.Untitled
15.MFC
16.Deep
17.Present Tense
18.Nothingman
19.State Of Love And Trust
20.Porch
--encore break
21.You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Beatles cover)
22.Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
23.Glorified G
24.All Or None
25.Do The Evolution
26.Alive
--second encore break
27.Go
28.Know Your Rights (Clash cover)
29.Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young cover)
30.Yellow Ledbetter

I have just completed a trio of Pearl Jam shows in the past week--3 shows in 7 days to be exact.

A live Pearl Jam show is an orgasmic experience and something to behold.
There aren't enough adjectives to truly describe the feeling and emotion of these shows. The 2 MSG shows were special b/c of the NY atmosphere, the long setlist (on Tuesday), cover songs and, of course, the energy and passion of such dedicated fans.

Last night at PNC Bank Arts Center (in NJ), they played Springsteen and even played "Hunger Strike!" The lead singer of Sleater Kinner sang Chris Cornell's part and it was uplifting to say the least.

PJ is a band of my generation; they epitomized a time in the lives of many(for me it was high school) and that is one of the reasons why people continue to support them with such vigor.

Near the end of the show Eddie was thanking the crowd as it was the final US show (although I'm sure they'll do a one-off in Seattle). He mentioned how they have strong opinions and were met with some oposiition on this tour and that he hoped the fans would still support them and welcome them back in the future.

Some people become annoyed at bands such as PJ for being outspoken and having a voice and opinions on important issues.

For me, that is just one of the reasons why I will always love them....

MBH said:

I have just completed a trio of Pearl Jam shows in the past week--3 shows in 7 days to be exact.

A live Pearl Jam show is an orgasmic experience and something to behold.
There aren't enough adjectives to truly describe the feeling and emotion of these shows. The 2 MSG shows were special b/c of the NY atmosphere, the long setlist (on Tuesday), cover songs and, of course, the energy and passion of such dedicated fans.

Last night at PNC Bank Arts Center (in NJ), they played Springsteen and even played "Hunger Strike!" The lead singer of Sleater Kinner sang Chris Cornell's part and it was uplifting to say the least.

PJ is a band of my generation; they epitomized a time in the lives of many(for me it was high school) and that is one of the reasons why people continue to support them with such vigor.

Near the end of the show Eddie was thanking the crowd as it was the final US show (although I'm sure they'll do a one-off in Seattle). He mentioned how they have strong opinions and were met with some oposiition on this tour and that he hoped the fans would still support them and welcome them back in the future.

Some people become annoyed at bands such as PJ for being outspoken and having a voice and opinions on important issues.

For me, that is just one of the reasons why I will always love them....
MBH....that is awesome!!!:hyper:
You took the words right out of my mouth. "Orgasmic" is right on the money :up: You rock!
PJ are, along with U2, are the band of my generation, too...so I totally understand what you're getting at here. I got into U2 as I was just starting highschool (a LONG time ago) and PJ as I was starting university. These 2 bands to me are the ultimate bands.
Now if only U2 could vary their setlists as much as PJ does :drool:
Thanks for the wonderful words about PJ...much appreciated.
:applaud:
People not taking in a PJ show do NOT know what they're missing.
And Monica, don't be jealous :hug: It was just last month you went on a California road trip and saw 5 shows in less than a week? :lol: But I know how you feel....the second PJ took a bow in MSG 2 and left the stage, I knew it would be a long time before I got to see them again live. :sad: I wish I was going to see them in Mexico. :yell:
On a good note....a Mexican radio station will be broadcasting the 3rd Mexico show on both radio and internet.
the url is:
www.985.com.mx
Enjoy :wave:

Back
Top Bottom