MERGED-->24 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with 2 hours left, i started thinking about the crisis next season.. what about the crisis with china? do you think next season the chinese will try to poison/assassinate/blow up/kidnap/meltdown a US target? how about the oppressed eskimos from alaska? or the angry dolphins from the caribbean? really, there is only SO MUCH threat to american interests in the world.. maybe a war over antartica would make sense? or.. a soviet revival scheme? or yet another middle eastern terrorist plot to blow up something? how about... french terrorists fighting against non french speakers? oh drunk and spoiled japanese kids who attack US for the heck of it? :ohmy:

all_i_want said:
with 2 hours left, i started thinking about the crisis next season.. what about the crisis with china? do you think next season the chinese will try to poison/assassinate/blow up/kidnap/meltdown a US target? how about the oppressed eskimos from alaska? or the angry dolphins from the caribbean? really, there is only SO MUCH threat to american interests in the world.. maybe a war over antartica would make sense? or.. a soviet revival scheme? or yet another middle eastern terrorist plot to blow up something? how about... french terrorists fighting against non french speakers? oh drunk and spoiled japanese kids who attack US for the heck of it? :ohmy:

I think the crisis next season will be another that is focusing specifically on Jack Bauer (of course it will have national ramifications). The Chinese are pissed that he played a part in the raid on their embassy - and they're gonna gett'em....

correct. i believe we are quite a few years apart on all of these.

s1 and s3 have to be four years apart between the two because palmer ran for election, and re election.

then this is one or two years after s3. it wouldnt surprise me, however, if s5 was only a few months rather than years away from s4 because of the storylines with the impending chinese crisis.

i really hope they resolve it and dont have a dumb cliffhanger, ala the handshake in s2. kind of pointless.

I think Season 5 will open with Jack under interrogation in a Chinese prison or he will be killed in the finale only to miraculously be still alive under an alias in Season 5. Whatever they do, it will be interesting.

this is the greatest show on televsion.....its better tahn a movie...ur not only investing 2 hours like a movie, your investing 24 hours of your time and in my case and others i know, staying in monday nights instaed of going out just to watch 24..

fah said:
:banghead:

I just typed up 2 paragraphs of huge tech mistakes.

I took a deep breath.

I deleted them.

I feel better.

~Hey Tony...if you ever get the chance again...SHOOT HER~

:|

What's the problem...wouldn't VPD fly their chopper in to hover over the bad guys house at 4:43 AM ???

And yes, I realize its sensational TV but I gotta tell you from experience, this for each of your wanna be cops....NEVER, EVER, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT YOUR PARTNER GIVING UP HIS GUN!!! Tony should've taken the shot...:mad: :rant:

jack is not going to die. we can be certain of that. 24 was picked up for another two seasons, so there will be s5 and s6. they can't really have 24 if they kill jack, it just wouldn't be the same. ratings would fall, fast.

that said, i doubt tony dies. thats a little too predictable. wouldnt surprise me to see mandy sniped ala nina s2 holding jack hostage, if shes near a window or outside. i'd rather her not die, shes been a villaness since the very first season blowing up the jet, shaking palmers hand in s2, plus shes wicked hot. but shes probably gonna bite the dust.

StlElevation said:
jack is not going to die. we can be certain of that. 24 was picked up for another two seasons, so there will be s5 and s6. they can't really have 24 if they kill jack, it just wouldn't be the same. ratings would fall, fast.

I agree about the show needing Jack, but as I mentioned before, I could see them killing Jack and then doing stories that take place in the past...

I love Chloe and Edgar

The heart-to-heart part with Michelle and Tony made me :yuck:

The Prez is just too unbelievably :der:

ok, the last episodes today :ohmy:

predictions?

i think they'll end up giving jack to the chinese... cause he is constantly being screwed over at the end of each season. here's the justification:

season 1: his wife is killed, by the woman he used to sleep with.
season 2: jack has heart troubles
season 3: jack is fired cause of his heroin addiction and has to cut off the arm of his future son-in-law
season 4: ?? he is handed over to the chinese?

i think they'll keep up with the tradition.:eyebrow:

The finale was ok. I am still expecting to see Jack in a Chinese prison next season with a backstory explaining how they tracked him down.

Poor Audrey,helluva day for her. She loses both men in her life in the same day.

Next season, I want to see more yawning, if I was up for more than 24 hours, I would yawn at least once no matter how much adrenaline I'm on.:wink:

"He saved the president, he saved LA, he saved the country, he saved the world... If you think you know what's next, you don't know Jack." The only thing left for Jack to save is himself. I wonder how many years pass between season 4 and 5. It'll also be interesting to see who comes back. The only confirmation I've heard so far is Chloe. Well, Jack too.

Last edited:
This show glorifies violence in the name of freedom. Is it any wonder that torture isn't seen as a bad thing by so many American people? It's approved of at the top levels of our government. We're desensitizing ourselves to the barbarity of it, and turning into a cruel culture that doesn't care about human rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom