mellow acoustic artists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
who are some good acoustic artists or bands? I'm getting into that whole thing recently

elevated_u2_fan said:
Iron and Wine

I wish the I&W thread I tried to start long, long ago didn't fizzle out. He deserves so much more recognition.

Try Beck's Sea Change. It's one of my top ten albums of all time.

Also, try Ray LaMontagne.

inmyplace13 said:
I wish the I&W thread I tried to start long, long ago didn't fizzle out. He deserves so much more recognition.

Agreed, I've known about him for a while, my first exposure was probably the Garden State OST but I've recently started to go nuts over him...

The Creek Drank The Cradle and Our Endless Numbered Days are awesome albums. :drool:

He's got a new album coming out this year, too. Have you seen him live? It's a beautiful show.

elevated_u2_fan said:
When is the new album coming out?

No official date, but Sub Pop confirmed it comes out in the fall and it's called The Shepherd's Dog.

Aimee Mann; Bob Dylan, especially some of his earlier albums; Joni Mitchell

I definitely second the recommendation of Ray LaMontagne. Til the Sun Turns Black is more mellow on the whole than Trouble, but I still like Trouble better.

If you don't mind mellow with a bit of a twang, I'd suggest anything by Lucinda Williams, and I also love Emmylou Harris.

I don't know alot of acoustic artists, I need to broaden my music horizon's, but I would say Joni Mitchell for sure.

Also, not acoustic, but one of my favorite artists to listen to when I want to relax after a stressed-out day is the jazz trumpeter Chet Baker. His sound is very soft and mellow.

if you like simon & garfunkel, try kings of convenience... I'm listening to 'riot on an empty street' right now. and it's good. damn good.

If you like Bossa Nova, you definitely have to try Joao Gilberto. He is amazing in so many levels. His Live in Montreux album is a great collection of Bossa Nova tunes.

Ray LaMontagne, especially the stuff from his latest album, "Till the sun turns black" :up:
Aimee Mann
Nerina Pallot
Leona Naess
Badly Drawn Boy

For some really easy listening you should check out Ludovico Einaudi and Yann Tiersen :drool: :drool:

Andrew Bird anyone?

I second the Bright Eyes, Dylan, and Kings of Convenience referrals.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom