Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Danny, you got Big Scary's album Vacation? I'm listening to it for the first time now - I actually thought it was still to come and that they just had a bunch of EPs out. Man, Gladiator and Purple are killer songs.

SUCH a good discovery at Liam Finn's gig.

Happy January 2!

Looks like my premium has died... better renew that before I forget all the stuff that was in my sig.

For the record, I hardly drank any alcohol until I was in my 20s, and I think I've drunk more in the past year or so than for the rest of my life combined (whether this is a good thing or not, I don't know. It's just a thing). I don't regret not having drunk for all that time, and I certainly don't regret not having had hangovers.

I don't think alcohol is necessary to a good time, and I don't think anyone should judge anyone else for choosing to drink or not (except for idiots who get smashed in public and ruin other people's outings, they can fuck off).

Anyway, NYE was a fairly muted affair up here. We had a bit of cider but my brother's not feeling well at the moment and I don't think any of us felt like celebrating what was a pretty crappy year for our family.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun 2012. :hug:

Axver said:
Hey Danny, you got Big Scary's album Vacation? I'm listening to it for the first time now - I actually thought it was still to come and that they just had a bunch of EPs out. Man, Gladiator and Purple are killer songs.

SUCH a good discovery at Liam Finn's gig.

Yeah I do. Streamed it on Jbhifi Now (seriously get it, it's like Spotify) and then downloaded it illegally because the one in the shops doesn't have a booklet. I really, really like it. Gladiator and Leaving Home are my favourites.

I second that :up:

Are we not doing this any more...? Better late than never...

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,006
User Name Posts
Axver 225
bono_212 188
Vlad n U 2 166
Reggo 127
cobl04 120
LemonMelon 58
The Sad Punk 39
Alisaura 31
bono_man2002 24
Slopsy 12
Cactus Annie 8
RavenBlue 5
liamcool 2
MsPurrl 1

Yeah I do. Streamed it on Jbhifi Now (seriously get it, it's like Spotify) and then downloaded it illegally because the one in the shops doesn't have a booklet. I really, really like it. Gladiator and Leaving Home are my favourites.

I second that :up:

Why do I need Spotify when I have Google Blogsearch? :wink:

Not quite getting the hype about that Twerps album ... it's got a couple of nice songs but didn't do much for me overall. I think my favourite Aussie albums from this year are those by Sleepmakeswaves, An Horse, Laura, Woods Of Desolation, HTRK and a late entry by Big Scary. Still think I have a few to go though.

Did we really forget to post that, Alison? We ARE slipping.

That shows how slow these threads are, if I'm consistently hitting 100 these days.

I'd certainly recommend The Jezabels album. what's google blogsearch?

Ali I have never been more tired :lol:

Did we really forget to post that, Alison? We ARE slipping.

:tsk:

I didn't see it... so either you're slipping or I'm going blind. *L*

That shows how slow these threads are, if I'm consistently hitting 100 these days.

I'd certainly recommend The Jezabels album. what's google blogsearch?

Ali I have never been more tired :lol:

Shows how little I post these days if I struggle to get to 30 posts even with the threads as slows as they are!

Aw, Cobbler's all tuckered out... ;) Have you got any time off work besides today?

I'm curious about Big Scary... :hmm:

Also jealous of anyone who's seen Gotye live. Been wanting to catch him since the last album came out, but have somehow missed him.

Google Blogsearch is how I find everything these days. I just restrict my searches to site:blogspot.com, and I can generally find a mediafire/megaupload/whatever link ... not always, major label ones in particular can be tough, but generally something will crop up.

And yeah, keep meaning to check out that Jezabels album - should've gone to see Alpine supporting them at the Forum, oh well.

One of my faves, for sure.

...Christ. I've listened to half of my Punk Island pool of albums. Yeah, that means I've still got 105 to go. 105! :crack: Remind me again what I'm doing this for...

:gah:

Holding steady at 36 songs and 77:25.20 time-wise, but I've changed my mind about 5 tracks in the past two hours. Still might change my mind about another. But after I decide on that one, make a decision on the Ramones, then it's on to a compilation album called "No New York".

It's starting to not be fun again...

What's your screenname? I've only just started using it but it seems to work pretty well so far. Hope the library keeps expanding, I've been getting a few zero results.

pappy90. Only Kaputt came up for Destroyer, so any lesser known bands will yield zero results. But I'm still gonna join. All the Flaming Lips albums are on there.

Firefox and I have made up for the moment, if only cause I clicked the wrong setting and borked Opera.

Dear Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, John Entwhistle, and Keith Moon,

I love you and your music more than I can express.

Love,

Jess.

I've never heard an Alcest album, but I'm totally going to Cobbler it up and listen to that later.

How exactly have you known me (and phanan) this long and not listened to Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde?

I am such a [festive] idiot. I can't even remember what [cheerful] songs I've already used. Here I've been all stressed about which [colorful] Ramones song to use, thinking the one I wanted to use was already done in DI V. Nope. [Joyous!]

So after 2011 didn't produce a single 5/5 album for me, I've got one four days into 2012. Alcest sure has set the bar high for any prospective challengers to the Album Of The Year title.

That said, we've got Les Discrets and Pinback coming. I wonder if Pinback finally have a 5/5 in them? I'm expecting a 4/5 and hoping for a 4.5/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom