Med Students ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
Just would like to know if there are other u2 fans & future doctors here ?

I was a med student until 3 months ago. Now I'm a resident in pediatrics. :D

my mom wanted me to go to med school. she gave up on that, though. now she wants me to go to law school. no way.

Maybe in two years' time...I still don't know yet if I want to do clincal psychology or if I want to do psychiatry. Or perhaps I'll just persue the English degree and become a teacher. It's all up in the air, really.

I know my father desperately wants me to go to med school. We'll see. As long as bachelor of arts students continue to get acceptance into med school, it's always a possibility.

BonosBaby12 said:
Utoo you strike me as the type that would be a perfect doctor for children :cute:

:blush:

It's great---I can be a nut and people think I'm doing it for the kids, when I'm just a goof all the time. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

I know my father desperately wants me to go to med school. We'll see. As long as bachelor of arts students continue to get acceptance into med school, it's always a possibility.

They are, as long as you've done the pre-med stuff with it. In fact, I think that we need more humanities-based med students/doctors. There's too much "science" & not enough "people" going around. I was a bio major & an english minor--and I kind of wish I'd done it the other way around.

I'd strongly recommend that you find your own reasons to go to med school, none of which should include your dad----especially if he's a doctor himself. I've noticed that among my med school friends, many whose parents were doctors either 1). saw medicine as the only thing in the world, or 2). were some of the first to burn out. If your dad's not a doctor & just wants you to go to med school---well, probably 80% of parents want their kids to be doctors or lawyers. :wink:

So in a nutshell there's me who like randhail is a freshman , and utoo , and that's it ?

No other doctors in da houzy ?

aren't you not supposed to have time for things like message boards if you're a med student?

IWasBored said:
aren't you not supposed to have time for things like message boards if you're a med student?

It depends on how much of a life you want to have. :D I looked at it like this: High school is 4 years. Think of how much you changed throughout high school. College is 4 years. Think of how much you changed throughout college. Med school is also 4 years. Sure, you've got to study and know your stuff. But if your life is nothing but books for 4 years, you're not going to have the greatest people skills!

Plus, 4th year of med school is a cakewalk--at least in the US. I'm a resident now & it's tougher to find time for this place, but I happen to be on a decently easy rotation at the moment.

IWasBored said:

Indeed , though these last days , I'm not having some classes , so I got time

So sometimes I can skip from Parietal , Temporal , Frontal , Zigomatics

to

here ;)

Talking about .............

Med Mates :

Netter or Sobotta ?

I like Netter - it's good for learning the spatial relationships. I've never seen Sobatta - is it like Rohen, with color pictures? I'm a big fan of Rohen too.

Do you use Big Moore or Little Moore?

Med students sound like such dorks - we don't even use the subject title to describe our books, we use the author's name instead, but we do get to learn things like hypospadia. I'm certainly glad not to have hypospadia. :wink:

randhail said:
I like Netter - it's good for learning the spatial relationships. I've never seen Sobatta - is it like Rohen, with color pictures? I'm a big fan of Rohen too.

Do you use Big Moore or Little Moore?

Med students sound like such dorks - we don't even use the subject title to describe our books, we use the author's name instead, but we do get to learn things like hypospadia. I'm certainly glad not to have hypospadia. :wink:

i know math people who do that, too. buncha crazies. i don't know why i'm still in your thread, or better yet, in your thread and talking about math people. i'm not a med student or a math person.

I'm a veterinarian (graduated 2 years ago), I've said it before but thank goodness I did not discover Interference before my 3rd year - I don't think I would have passed otherwise :uhoh:

randhail said:

Talk bout it ..... :wink:

BTW Mate People say Sobotta is probably the best ilust. Atlas , it's a double set

And before people ask we were talkin bout Human Anatomy Atlas

Talking bout words , whatta bout this one ?

Groove of temporal bone for middle temporal artery :wink: :wink: :wink:

Medicine is this Love or hate

bonosloveslave said:
I'm a veterinarian (graduated 2 years ago), I've said it before but thank goodness I did not discover Interference before my 3rd year - I don't think I would have passed otherwise :uhoh:

I never realized that you were a vet. Have a very high amount of respect for those who care for animals :yes:

:angel:

It is very nice to finally be doing something that I really love and enjoy, quite the nice 'job' to love on kitties all day - though some are more lovable than others...

We (law students) had a mixer with the med students.

Alls I know is that we can drink them under the table every day of the week and twice on Sunday. By a huge, insurmountable margin. :wink:

Just started dissecting the face today and it was a little strange. Now keep in mind that my cadaver has been completely skinned from the sternum down and I've been doing this for over 2 months at this point. It was probably the most difficult time I've had dissecting.

The person's face was right there looking back at me. His facial scruff palpable. So many uniquely human features right there. Prior to today, the head was shrouded so I hadn't yet seen the face. It definitely made me appreciate even more what this man had done so that I could learn from him. :up:

Back
Top Bottom