Mean Hippo Kills baby Hippo. So sad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i honestly don't have enough time to really care about stuff like this.

i mean really. and i'm not slamming the original poster, but if people get hung up on this, they're not paying enough attention to their own world around them.

Zoomerang96 said:
i honestly don't have enough time to really care about stuff like this.

i mean really. and i'm not slamming the original poster, but if people get hung up on this, they're not paying enough attention to their own world around them.

:happy:

I saw that on one of the TVs. That is some fucked up shit, right there. I guess in the animal world it's some way of making sure you and your blood remain the dominant blood. Maybe the human equivalent would be, I dunno, sending the son of the king to the Texas Air Force instead of Vietnam.

And another thing that sucked about th hippo baby was that his mother was "training" him for a while so that when the day came to meet the males, he'd be all ready.

Oh, and there was another one with monkeys. The group killed this baby monkey, and then the momma monkey picked up the dead baby and was walking around with it for a few days. Come one. WTF?

Someone needs to teach that hippo bastard a lesson...how dare he act like..oh, I don't know...a wild animal :ohmy:

Hippos kill more people every year than any other animal in Africa (or at least this is what I was told when I lived in Mali). They may look cute, but they are very dangerous.

Sure it's real life, but did anyone else get the impression it was all orchestrated? There were at least 40 different camera angles. :|

It's only how their natural instincts are... whatever they may be thinking when they do act the way they do.

Like I was watching this thing on National Geographic, or one of those nature specials on PBS, they were showing the life of a crocodile and it was sad... that baby crocs get eaten by bigger birds and -gasp- even their own, accidentally thought as prey, even crocodiles commit cannibalism by eating smaller versions of themselves.

On the other side of the coin, there are 35 cameras in and out of the water and they intentionally introduce a mother and new calf into a pond that "belongs" to a very mean male Hippo who does what comes naturally....who's at fault???? I mean, the cameras were all in position "just waiting for something to happen????" :no:

Listen to the first 3 minutes or so, they describe the situation as one of Territory...oh forget, you guys just don't get it...its wildlife .. eat or be eaten...same BS happens in our neighborhoods everyday with a very different species....

Wild life programmes are so different in america than they are in the UK. The music, the narrator... it was filmed like a soap opera.

But I agree - sadly its just nature taking its course!

partygirlvox said:
Wild life programmes are so different in america than they are in the UK. The music, the narrator... it was filmed like a soap opera.

But I agree - sadly its just nature taking its course!

Trust me, that one was wacky. I've never seen such a theatrical wildlife program :huh:

Hey, does anyone remember that "house hippo" advert that used to come on? (It was to show kids not to trust everything they see on TV.) Now that was cute.

I don't like hippos.

Back
Top Bottom