mean girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
Definately not the movie I was expecting it to be...in a good way of course. I was expecting it to be like any other teen movie. I was surprised that there was some intelligence behind the writing. Tina Faye did an awesome job at writing and in acting in the film. A somewhat of a stretch from her humerous SNL role.

Girls can relate to this movie more so than the guys 'cause girls have this thing about being catty towards each other. As a girl myself, I am guilty of doing it to others as well as having mean things done to me. If you read any fan message boards, go to high school, at work, in your neighbourhood, the concept of mean girls hits home.

Lindsay Lohan, love her or hate her, either way she did a good job as Cady Lohan. It is not hard to act like a high school outsider trying to fit in but Lohan made you sympathize with the character more.

There is some subtle humor but it is not the basis of the film. It is not a comedy but more like a light drama.

I think that every parent should see this movie 'cause I do not think that parents realize how hard it is these days to be a teenage girl when you're having images in teen magazine, social insecurities etc thrown at you. In fact both mother and daughter should watch this movie.

Who would've thought...a teen movie with an actual moral and meaning behind it. I was so thankful that this movie wasn't just another teen movie "fluff".

I thought the movie was okay for what it was. Lindsay Lohan is relatively likeable next to Hilary Duff n' Fluff. Granted these girls are 10 yrs younger than me, so I don't really have a large opinion of them. I did enjoy "Freaky Friday" alot despite myself.

I really wish another movie like "Reality Bites" would come along -- I'm tired of never seeing people I relate to on screen that are my age with my ideals and cultural touchtones.

I also think Tina Fey is a great writer. On a side note, I'd love to read the book the movie was based on.

It's a really smart movie, that, as extreme as some of the mean things were, shows the harsh reality that is sometimes a part of growing up.

...I did find the ending to be a bit too clean and perfect.

I actually liked some of the harshness of the movie. Too often the "mean girls" in teen comedies get off scot-free, and the audience never sees that the girls' actions have consequences. I really loved it; it was a much tougher take on teen life, even if it was a movie starring Lindsay Lohan, than, say, American Pie.

I haven't seen this yet, but I also like Lindsay Lohan a lot, ever since she did the new Parent Trap.

I also like Evan Rachel Wood (Thirteen, The Missing).

Those two girls are my favorite teeny bopper actors. Hillary Duff is :barf:

isabelle_guns said:

I think that every parent should see this movie 'cause I do not think that parents realize how hard it is these days to be a teenage girl when you're having images in teen magazine, social insecurities etc thrown at you. In fact both mother and daughter should watch this movie.

Very good observation isabelle..I haven't seen the movie, but unfortunately mean "girls" can exist even when they're over 30..some women (and I think men sometimes too) never outgrow the need to be the center of attention and have their butt constantly kissed :D and have to put down others/play childish games to feel better about themselves. Sadly the "grown up" world can sometimes just feel like an extension of high school bs.

All you can do is just try to accept yourself, be strong, and shrug it off the best you can, because getting upset about it is what people like that thrive on. There aren't always consequences for people, but ultimately karma will work :mac:

Tina Fey :up: I think I read that she wrote the screenplay based upon a book that was a study of teenage behavior.

My 8 and 6 year old daughters both want to see this movie. So far I've said no because I think the subject matter is too old for them. They/we saw Freaky Friday and really enjoyed it.

I think it might be a little too old for an eight and six year old...good call on that Fah! But, I do have to say, it was a DAMN funny movie! :up:

Yes, I did see it. I thought we would be in trouble when the previews started (showing all girly teenie movies) - but it wasl actually well done and hillarious. :reject:

Mean girls exist on other messge boards, work, neighbourhood etc. It doesn't stop once you graduate. If parents saw this movie with their kids, maybe they would stop asking us "how was your day" or really understand what is going on.

The book that is was based on was queen bee's and something (can't remember the something) in the title but I remember reading it back in high school for fun.

fah - your kids are going to be in high school sooner or later and if you do not want to take your kids, see it yourself at lest :)

I have no desire to see the movie. But 13 going on 30 I still haven't seen but I want to.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I haven't seen this yet, but I also like Lindsay Lohan a lot, ever since she did the new Parent Trap.

I also like Evan Rachel Wood (Thirteen, The Missing).

Those two girls are my favorite teeny bopper actors. Hillary Duff is :barf:

agree with you :)

Lindsay Lohan is really good in Parent Trap, playing both twins :D and also Freaky Friday, and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, that was funny ;)

Have yet to see Mean Girls :)

Loved 13 too :nods:

Last edited:
Cute Irish Bono said:
But 13 going on 30 I still haven't seen but I want to.

aww that movie is FAB. saw it the other day and was as good as I expected, I love Jennifer Garner and seeing her in that movie was great, So different to Sydney Bristow ;) proves shes a great actress.

some of the lines in that movie cracked me up lol. and all the 80's flashbacks lol.

the movie has a website with all kinds of funky stuff on,

www.13goingon30.com

I saw it this weekend..even though unfortunately I'm far from being a teenager, I could still relate to it. It was funny and better than the average teen movie.

I thought it also made a point that everyone was mean in their own way, not just the "mean girls" . If only those problems could be solved as easily as they were in the movie

Lindsay Lohan is pretty and a decent actress. I just hope she doesn't end up like so many of the other wild teen stars.

Back
Top Bottom