Me on the radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
If you've been around these parts for a long time, you know that I have the best taste in music of anyone who posts here. In light of this, I will be performing hosting duties on my campus radio station on Saturday @ 3:30 PM eastern for 2 hours.

I will play some very good music. It's guaranteed. And also probably make a fool of myself because I have to work all the CD decks myself and I'm not totally sure how.

If for some reason you're very close to Hamilton, Ontario (like reeeally close) you can tune in on 93.3 FM, otherwise they offer streaming on the website (though it doesn't always work perfectly) at http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca

Unfortunately this isn't a regular slot, I'll just be filling in for a guy who couldn't make it in for his reggae show.

There's definitely gonna be some Nick Cave. Probably not Nature Boy, though we'll see. You miiight get lucky.

Oh baby it's soon and i'm soooo excited. I hope i don't fuck everything up somehow.

U2 vs Lyrics Born - Callin' On Sunday
Moloko - Fun For Me
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Babe, You Turn Me On
Dresden Dolls - Jeep Song
The Decemberists - Los Angeles, I'm Yours
Ted Leo/Pharmacists - Me and Mia
Ted Leo/Pharmacists - Under Your Hedge
Doves - Pounding
The Wrens - Ex-Girl Collection
John Vanderslice - Coming and Going on Easy Terms
U2 - Mercy
Augie March - Little Wonder
Feist - Mushaboom
Annie - Heartbeat
Espers - Voices
Orbital - The Box
Primal Scream - Kill All Hippies
Pulp - Disco 2000
The Pogues - Turkish Song of the Damned
Underworld - Dirty Epic
Massive Attack - Risingson
The Notwist - Consequence
The Shins - Saint Simon
Ted Leo/Pharmacists - Walking to Do

I think that went well.

MrBrau1 said:
You didn't play any Boz Scaggs. Why?

He's a washed up old fart.

yertle... not the intros.. sometimes the very end, but not often and only the very very end. of course i've only been on the radio for 2 hours ever, so i haven't quite established a reliable pattern. i'm gonna have to try and get more onair time to properly map my on air habits :p

All in all though that was completely wonderfully fun experience.

And if you want to hear my witty banter (ahem) in between songs and the songs themselves, which are awesome, but also fairly bad quality...
mosey on down here

alright WTF mate.. it keeps changing the dot in my address to an underscore making it not work. This isn't copyright material duudes.. it's the radio and shit. ASHKASH

http://slipstream.brokenuniverse.com/songs/meontheradio.mp3

well yeah.. hope that'll work.. it's also linked from my website.

Last edited:
i'm gonna be on again tomorrow morning for an hour at 8, but it's not as fun because i'm just coming on my friend's show and he gets to choose most of what gets played. He does have excellent taste in music, though.

thanks dude! my second radio experience didn't go as well as the first one, but still good I guess. there's an mp3 of it up on my site but its rather crap quality.
Keren Ann is great! just so nice and simple and catchy. She has a new album out supposedly, called Nolita

SkeeK said:
thanks dude! my second radio experience didn't go as well as the first one, but still good I guess. there's an mp3 of it up on my site but its rather crap quality.
Keren Ann is great! just so nice and simple and catchy. She has a new album out supposedly, called Nolita

To be honest, I doubt I'll ever catch you unless I'm awake at 3:30 am in the morning. Damn time zones. Still, I'll listen to the mp3. :)

I haven't actually heard Keren Ann's English recordings (other than her doing a cover of 'Stephanie Says') but I know her French songs and they're all marvellously done.

A lot of the songs on the English one are the same as the French ones melody-wise and arrangement wise... not sure if the lyrics are translated or completely different, though.

Back
Top Bottom