McLeod's Daughters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, believe me, most Americans think you sound the FURTHEST thing from awful :drool:

And that's interesting what that guy said about the Sydney accent. I think it sounds different than your other regional accents; perhaps the most distinct to my "American" ear. :shrug:

But it is DEFINITELY my favorite :sexywink:

the guy was trying to shitstir, but then i think the country (or mcleods daughters territory, for example) is really filled with various kinds of people. kids out in the country can sound like snobby faux brits, with the right private school education - and actually sound no different to someone who's grown up in the city because they have wanker parents and are a jr. wanker themselves, or a kid in the bush who has british parents and has a slight clip to their voice. they can all sound the same, but it depends on so much. i dunno. maybe i just dont pay enough attention :lol:

it's very kind of you to say we dont sound awful, but i remember years ago watching some american talk show and a guy in the crowd stood up and he was from syd/mel or somewhere, and honestly, it was embarrassing. he sounded comatose next to you guys. ever since ive noticed how horrendous we sound next to americans. :D it's not pretty!

Angela Harlem said:
the guy was trying to shitstir, but then i think the country (or mcleods daughters territory, for example) is really filled with various kinds of people. kids out in the country can sound like snobby faux brits, with the right private school education - and actually sound no different to someone who's grown up in the city because they have wanker parents and are a jr. wanker themselves, or a kid in the bush who has british parents and has a slight clip to their voice. they can all sound the same, but it depends on so much. i dunno. maybe i just dont pay enough attention :lol:

it's very kind of you to say we dont sound awful, but i remember years ago watching some american talk show and a guy in the crowd stood up and he was from syd/mel or somewhere, and honestly, it was embarrassing. he sounded comatose next to you guys. ever since ive noticed how horrendous we sound next to americans. :D it's not pretty!

I don't know, Our Livvy (TM) sounded so nice in Grease! :D

Angela Harlem said:
kids out in the country can sound like snobby faux brits, with the right private school education - and actually sound no different to someone who's grown up in the city because they have wanker parents and are a jr. wanker themselves

:cry:

My personal issues with accents stem from the entertainment industry being based primarily in Sydney. TV shows, movies, etc, are filmed or cast in Sydney so the characters have Sydney accents regardless of where the characters are actually from. Paul Fucking Hogan movies are a case in point. Sydney accent major big time but he potrays these rural people with his Sydney accent. etc. and so on. whine some more.

Thats my bug bear about Sydney accents.

Or maybe its a bug bear about the crappiness of Australian actors that they are unable to alter their accent to suit the plot.

or something.

timothius said:
I agree with Angela. I despise my accent. :sad:

But when I'm overseas it does seem to come in handy. :wink:

I despise my accent and it doesn't even come in handy when I'm overseas.

:|

:huh:

So consider yourself lucky!

:laugh:

I cant believe a thread about mcleods daughters has lasted for this long!

But as it has.......
My accent just confuses everybody: in the UK they think i am Australian and in Australia they think i am English...or irish...just the other day somebody told me they thought i was scotish!!:ohmy:

What all this has to do with mcleods daughters though is anybody guess......

Back
Top Bottom