Maximum speed at which you have driven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Klaus said:
2-wheeler ~ 100km/h (~60 miles/hour)
4-wheeler ~ 280km/h (~170 miles/hour)

By 4 wheeler do you mean an ATV (those are called 4 wheelers here) or a car? If you went 170 mph in a car, you must have been on the Autobahn. You could be thrown in jail for that in the US :uhoh:

Mr. BAW, are you by any chance "Ponch's" brother?

U2Kitten
Right, 4-wheeler was a car - sorry for confusion. And yes - i live in germany - the free country where anyone is allowed to drive as fast as he wants (or his car is able to) on the Autobahn ;)
But my "normal" speed on the Autobahn is 180-200km/h ~110-120mph because my car isn't any faster :(

U2Kitten said:

By 4 wheeler do you mean an ATV (those are called 4 wheelers here) or a car? If you went 170 mph in a car, you must have been on the Autobahn. You could be thrown in jail for that in the US :uhoh:

Mr. BAW, are you by any chance "Ponch's" brother?

:yikes: No....I'm Doozer61's brother....:lol:

and with regard to several comments regarding how we drive now....yes, we've all slowed down 'cause "speed kills"...

The autobahn sounds cool. I have family who made a home movie of it on a trip to Germany. It's what gave Eisenhower the idea for our interstate system. There are some places in the US where there is no speed limit, like that place out west I was talking about, and Montana. But really I think it must be dangerous trying to control a car at that speed, especially when everyone else is at that speed. I'd be afraid if one person messed up there'd be an awful pileup :( That's how speed kills. :uhoh: On most roads anything over 20 mph over the posted speed limit is considered reckless driving, which carries a $200 fine and a lot of bad points on your driving record.

I do think a lot of speed limits are too low and are only there to get money from tickets, though. There are some towns where they have 25 or 35 limits in places where you could safely go faster. In these towns you will see cops sitting everywhere, even in unmarked Intrepids! I have a brother who used to have the attitude that all speed limits were only to get your money, and he was going to drive as fast as he felt safe if he damn well pleased. After many years of a bad driving record, court dates, tickets, fines and high insurance bills, he came close to going to jail for making 95 in a 55 (he had other speeding/reckless things on his record at the time). He was lucky to get off with just a fine and lost license for 3 months. Now that he has a wife and kid he is more careful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom