math game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
let's go, guys! more math! c'MON!!!

stats10-0notes2.gif

I always sucked at the sigma stuff!
LOL

the statistics teacher used to beat me with a ruler in university

but I came through with a statistics major, though I still can't really understand that sigma stuff

VertigoGal said:
no, I have a better game. first, you find a thread you don't like and leave a comment expressing such. then, and this is the good part, you start another pointless thread so the cool kids can appreciate your mastery of sarcasm.

i've already got part 1 down, who knows what i'll do for part 2! :dance:

:applaud:

ooh...ironic!

anyone else see it?

no?

that's probably cause your mind's on another chat thread!

hop to it, then!

4 men have to cross a bridge. Zoomerang is under the bridge and will drug anyone who falls from its heights, before shoving them into the back of the muss buss and subjecting them to hours upon hours of canadian indie groups who admittedly are pretty good. anyway, they need to cross. and there's 4 of them.

they have 17 minutes, and no more than 2 can cross at a time. there's only one flashlight and it must be used every trip to prevent the fate described above. Person 1 takes 2 min, 2 takes 2 min, 3 takes 5 min, 4 takes 10 min. If they cross in pairs they take the slower person's time in crossing. how could they get across in 17 minutes?

i bet you'll never guess.

i've seen this one before, one of them takes 1 minute to get across.

Zoomerang96 said:
ooh...ironic!

anyone else see it?
irony + math = :drool:

VertigoGal said:
Zoomerang is under the bridge and will drug anyone who falls from its heights, before shoving them into the back of the muss buss and subjecting them to hours upon hours of canadian indie groups who admittedly are pretty good.

i'll volunteer to throw myself off that bridge.

:love:

No 1 & No 2 cross: 2
No 2 comes back with flashlight 2
No 3 & No 4 cross: 10
No 1 comes back with flashlight 1
No 1 & 2 go across 2
----

Angela Harlem said:
jesus, zoomer! it's mathS. lets work on your english first.
you people give me a pain.

actually, in canada it's math - fullstop. some places call it maths, but some places are also stupid.

and i don't think anyone from oz should be giving anyone else lectures on english... :sexywink:

i kid cause i LOVE, angela!!! stop yelling at me!!! it was a 7OKE!!!!!!!!!!

why don't you get my 7okes?!?!?!!?!?!?

VertigoGal said:
4 men have to cross a bridge. Zoomerang is under the bridge and will drug anyone who falls from its heights, before shoving them into the back of the muss buss and subjecting them to hours upon hours of canadian indie groups who admittedly are pretty good. anyway, they need to cross. and there's 4 of them.

they have 17 minutes, and no more than 2 can cross at a time. there's only one flashlight and it must be used every trip to prevent the fate described above. Person 1 takes 2 min, 2 takes 2 min, 3 takes 5 min, 4 takes 10 min. If they cross in pairs they take the slower person's time in crossing. how could they get across in 17 minutes?

i bet you'll never guess.

uuuuuuuuummmm

seven?!?! is it SEVEN?!?!?!

Math is sexthy!

See if you can figure this out kids OK!?

What is the maximum value of |r| for the following polar equations: a) r = cos(2θ); b) r = 3 + sin(θ); c) r = 2 cos(θ) - 1

Back
Top Bottom