Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay, I've never been one for posting ads either in the singles (swingles?) section or on line or whatever...tho just for grins, I tried it once years ago, and got a couple of real scary ones, so I swore off 'em! :no:

Anyhoo, I've heard good things about both Match.com and eHarmony.com, (NOT that I'm looking or anything, y'know... :shifty:) Seems like people are just too dang busy nowadays to meet anyone decent (and just *when* did that all start?). Or....maybe like a few of us here, we just spend inordinate amounts of time with our 'cyber families'!? :rolleyes:

So has anyone ever tried/been successful using a dating service, and what was your experience? I'm curious to hear the good, the bad and the FUGLY...so spill it!

I personally havent tried it Disco... but it's something that I considered before I met my boyfriend because I thought that I was never going to meet a nice guy.

I will tell you though that I know SEVERAL people from work, through friends, etc that have met and had lasting relationships through these kinds of sites, that's why I considered it. When you think about it... it makes sense because there are so many people out there in the same situation. Dating services really have lost the stigma that they used to have because everyone is so busy these day. Just be thorough with the screening process and be careful = go for it! :D

When I moved downstate, I placed one of those ads that was just looking for friends...I just wanted some folks to hang out with.

Hooooo boy, I found some dandies!!!!!!!!! :huh: :uhoh:

There is hope.

A friend of mine has been married for more than ten years to a guy she met through the personals in a local paper. Their son is going into fifth grade this year. He's a nice guy, and he loves her. What the hell, give it a shot!

Disco, I would totally go for it...if only for the entertainment value! Imagine, you will be presented with an entire menu of dates to pursue..or not as you please.

My sister is currently on Lavalife.com, which is hugely popular here, and I think it is in the US too. They have sections for friends, relationships and INTIMATE ENCOUNTERS. My sister is having a blast and meeting all kinds of ppl.

I also have a very good male friend in the US (someone I grew up with) who is on Match.com, and if there are lots of men like him on there, you will be doing well.

There are all kinds of articles in the paper lately talking about these sites and everyone is on them, especially busy office executive types.

I LOVE skimming through these sites and reading ppl's ads. I am going to write a novel about internet dating in fact. One thing I have noticed, when they describe themselves as "above average looking" they usually aren't. :ohmy: But beauty is in the eye of the beholder as we all know.

Of course, you will have to share your adventures with all of us!

:D

Last edited:
YES! And within the intimate encouters section, you can put down all the fetishes you have, things you'd be willing to do...etc.

In addition to your regular picture, you have a set of "backstage pictures" (ie NAKED PICTURES) which you can send to someone of interest.

:eek:

Disco-

Go for it. I've been on Match.com for about 5 months now and I've met a lot of interesting and fun people. Lots of them I'm still friends with. No love connection yet, but I may have found luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve elsewhere. :love: :heart: :D

Personally, I think you should go out and find someone the old fashion way: Go out to a bar or something and find someone.

There are nice guys out there. I like to believe that I'm a nice guy. And I know a lot of nice guys.

But you have to go out and find them. Just be as social as you can.

Back
Top Bottom