Maryland Fall Colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leaves haven't quite started changing yet here in southeastern Virginia, but when they do it'll be gorgeous. When they do start to change I should go to Colonial Williamsburg and take photos for y'all (that's about 20 min from here).

Yeah it's nice for now...but next year is the 400th anniversary of the landing at Jamestown, which is also about 20 minutes from here, and this area is going to be crawling with tourists :rolleyes::yikes:

Our fall colors in the Rocky Mountains have come and gone. I did manage to get some shots a few weeks ago in Aspen:

Maroon_Bells04.jpg

Maroon_Bells03.jpg

Maroon_Bells05.jpg

I'll be in Maine next week. I hope I didn't miss the change there.

wow, I love the yellow! Those are great. I hope you can share some from Maine.

I took a few yesterday while taking care of my cousins. They live kind of in the woods.

Picture%20011.jpg

Picture%20013.jpg

Picture%20014.jpg

Picture%20015.jpg

Picture%20018.jpg

Picture%20021.jpg

Thanks, that's actually their driveway going down to the road. They live in this suburban gated community and their house is at the top of a hill, back in the woods.

Nice photos everyone. I love Autumn. Everything about it. The colours, the leaves falling off the trees, even the colder weather. :wink:

The leaves have only just started to turn here but by next week there should be a proper display of Autumnal blaze :drool:

...No, I don't think that last sentence makes sense either!

Absolutely breathtaking pictures, the colors are amazing. We don't have a real change of seasons here in San Diego....only the temperatures fluctuate a bit and some leaves fall off trees in fall then blossom again in spring, that's about it. I would LOVE to take a fall vacation to the east coast to see the changing of the colors. Thank you all for sharing your beautiful photos!

Well, I'll trade places in a second w/ one of you Florida or So Cal people!

Thanks, Lila. We had nice weather this weekend so I was lucky to snap some shots ("nice weather" = the sun actually came out and it was not slushing or snowing).

I'm guessing it's far prettier in New England. Sometimes it gets cold here really fast, so everything freezes and dies without turning bright colors. Last week it was almost 80 degrees and a few days later we had a frost warning, some waterspouts on the Lake, and then a blizzard :huh:

Back
Top Bottom