Marble Bar, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry for partyin'!

(Vlad, I should bring you into the loop ... we're taking the piss out of this album.)

Well, it's a Horrible Music Hour candidate! We're going to listen to it and Weezer's Raditude back-to-back.

Heh. :D

Sounds like fun ... if you're not burning to death in your own room.

I just got rejected by KPMG, I didn't even get interviews with anyone else; what the fuck am I supposed to do now? As if I needed anything to completely destroy any form of confidence I had in myself. What's the point of doing a 11,300 euro masters next year if I'm apparently not good enough to work for any of the firms?

Ah shit man. It's just one firm though - any number of others could be interested, and not everybody gets employed first pop or anything. Don't lose too much confidence in yourself ...

Ah shit man. It's just one firm though - any number of others could be interested, and not everybody gets employed first pop or anything. Don't lose too much confidence in yourself ...

Well seeing as none of the others even offered me an interview I don't exactly think that's gonna work out; now I'm stuck in a class full of people being offered jobs who are getting their masters paid for. And I'm stuck not even sure what I want to do with myself any more...

Hrm. Does your university offer any sort of careers counselling or advisory or anything?

Hrm. Does your university offer any sort of careers counselling or advisory or anything?

Technically they do but there's not much they can do now, the application process for all the firms is standardised as in you had to apply last month, so I'm out for an entire year.

Part of me thinks I need to stay out of college for the next few days, just stay away from anything to do with accounting until I at least in my mind figure out what to do...

Good idea to stay away, give yourself some space to think. The reason I suggest careers services is that they may be able to point you towards some alternate pathways where your degree will still be useful. I mean, hell, if people with English majors can find jobs, hopefully they can do something for you ...!

I think if I can just get some time away not much seeing as exams are relatively soon but the rest of the week, it'll just give me time to gain enough perspective on this all? I mean it's not the end of the world especially if I do consider going forward I can just fund my own masters, I mean it's a lot but my other choice is take a year off which unless I get accepted next time is not gonna be a good idea. I could also do something different but that's too much pressure for right now

Gather self, figure out what I want to do, get some motivation back in me, kick ass in exams, get into masters, and just get through it

But right now the last thing I need is to be around people who are being successful or anything to do with accounting in general

I'm gonna keep trying to convince myself that I have some grasp of reality and sanity again :lol:

And I've gotta go collect my sister then I'm going to go out as planned, what I plan on doing today has nothing to do with accounting so I'm just gonna enjoy myself and hopefully gain even morre sanity, later Ax thanks for letting me rant :wave:

Well, John, I think you've taken this rather well and have the right attitude, and that counts for something. All the best, and rant as much as you like! :wave:

Hope you're around later (my tomorrow) for some Horrible Music Hour listenings. :wink:

Goodnight folks. :wave:

Buying Porcupine Tree tickets in the morning. :hyper:

And maybe seeing a Dunedin Sound musician in concert for the first time in the evening ...

Today has quite an interesting juxtaposition of events.

On one hand...PORCUPINE TREE tickets in less than an hour! :hyper: :hyper:

But on the OTHER hand...educ exam. Death O'Clock! :happy:

Hah, what a combination. For me, I'm just using PT to balance out the heat. And the fact I'm grumpy that next week's forecast, which DID feature some nice cool temperatures, has now been revised up.

Charlotte, are you all registered on Ticketek.com.au and everything? Might want to do that before the sale begins in 20 minutes.

Also, I'm sure you've figured it out, but: Ticketek Australia

(Why the hell does Them Crooked Vultures come up too?)

Prices are AUS$70-75 ... I'm disappointed it's not about $10-15 cheaper, but not all too surprised. Well, I'm happy to pay that much!

Charlotte, are you all registered on Ticketek.com.au and everything? Might want to do that before the sale begins in 20 minutes.

Also, I'm sure you've figured it out, but: Ticketek Australia

(Why the hell does Them Crooked Vultures come up too?)

Prices are AUS$70-75 ... I'm disappointed it's not about $10-15 cheaper, but not all too surprised. Well, I'm happy to pay that much!

Yup, all sorted and ready. I'm perfectly willing to pay that much...I mean, after I shelled out $180 for Coldplay in March, anything seems reasonable :doh:

Yeah ... it's about $3-5 more expensive than last time, so hey, that's really not bad, all things considered!

How are the Kiwi and Aussie dollar faring relative to each other right now? I haven't paid attention for the last couple of years really.

Not bad, but it used to be closer in the late 1990s! Glad we didn't leave our money in New Zealand too long ...

I'VE GOT TICKETS TO PORCUPINE TREE IN MELBOURNE AND SYDNEY. :hyper:

Now the waiting game for Brisvegas to catch up to 9am ...

Back
Top Bottom