Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, this is what happens when you don't have internet for almost 2 years.
You miss out on a lot.
I had no idea there was a 10th aniv. of Holy Bible...and there's a DVD...holy crud.
Living in the States, I miss out on MSP stuff so a DVD would be fabulous since I've barely seen any actual footage of them.

According to the Borders website they have this in stock.
I think I'll treat myself on the way to work, I haven't bought a CD in MONTHS. But I do need to save money...but I just got promoted...

*shakes fist at board for tempting me to spend money
:mad:

But it's worth it right? :dance: :wink:

Awesome! Go get it!

The tenth anniversary of The Holy Bible is worth every penny. The DVD is especially good--before I watched it, the only video footage I'd ever seen of the band was two music videos that came on Manics' singles I had bought.

I agree. The more Holy Bible the better. One of those albums you can't imagine life without, and the tenth anniversary edition is a big bonus!:up:

I've seen them in Leeds (best of the lot to me, right at the front jumping around like a nutter), Cardiff, Manchester & Liverpool and if they do get back together will hope to increase my tally somewhat.

I'll be honest, I don't have the 10th anniversary thing, I don't own any rereleases that I already own the original of. I am, however, considering this one as I could do with a remastered version as the original is rather rubbish (is it remastered?), and the DVD would be an added bonus as pre-'96 coverage is hard to find.

Have you guys seen either the Cardiff or Havana DVDs? Out of the two, I'd recommend Cardiff everytime, the latter is far more restrictive but the 99/00 Cardiff show is superb.

Yeah I've seen both, I love the Cardiff one the atmosphere seems so hot I'd love to have been there, I was talking to some people who were there and they said all good things along the lines of best night of their lives etc, but then they were pretty hardcore! The ones who go to every show and dress like Nicky, which is cool btw cos I've been known to get the old leopard print and feather boa out lol! The Cuba one isn't as great but I think it's cool that they released that one cos of what it stands for and all that.

OK, so I got a deal on the 10th Anniversary and I was able to afford it... loving it.

Did yall know that there are hidden things on the DVD?
When you see the little 'R' show up in the bottom right hand of the screen, hit 'Select' of 'Play' whatever it is on you remote and you will get the videos to those songs.

I know it's on Revol, and She Is Suffering, not sure if there is more.

(Please ignore if this is common knowledge, and I'm telling you people things you figured out a year ago but it made me happy :reject: )

I had no idea about those things. :reject: I'll have to give that a try.

I listened to The Holy Bible again today on my commute. It just gets better and better.

I love how the Holy Bible opens with Yes-Ifwhiteamerica-Of Walking Abortion. Love the lyrics..
"He's a boy, you want a girl so tear off his cock,
Tie his hair in bunches, fuck him call him Rita if you want"

Aardvark747 said:
Nice sig there H.Girl;)

You just now noticed it? :wink: I love that line.

{paintedroses} said:
I love how the Holy Bible opens with Yes-Ifwhiteamerica-Of Walking Abortion. Love the lyrics..
"He's a boy, you want a girl so tear off his cock,
Tie his hair in bunches, fuck him call him Rita if you want"

No lie, I have had that exact lyric stuck in my head all week. Not exactly the most pleasant thought to have replaying in your mind all the time, but the song is just so good and very catchy. I'm always getting lyrics from Ifwhiteamerica and Of Walking Abortion stuck in my head too, especially "There ain't no black in the union jack/There ain't enough white in the stars and stripes" and "Who's responsible? You fucking are." That album really has no down point or songs you wanna skip. What a piece of art.

Yeah its catchy as hell, but its not good if you get caught singing them out loud! People get a bit wary of you if they hear you muttering to yourself "Dumb cunts, same dumb questions" or "I am idiot drug hive, the virgin, the tattered and the torn":wink:

"Who's responsible? You fucking are" is the best song ending ever..

Tho when I play it in my shop, I can see some ppl looking as if I shouldnt be playing it. They no doubt think it was written AFTER 26th December last year...

I'm back on a Masses Against The Classes spree

"WE'RE THE ONLY THING LEFT TO BELIEVE IN"

I know what you mean about getting lyrics stuck in your head too, one of my most recent (and I walk round work all day muttering it) would be "All vigins are liers honey"

:drool: Masses Against The Classes! Only thing that sucks about that song is that in my accent "masses" doesn't rhyme with "classes" so I sound really dumb saying it..

No I'm in Hampshire, I don't really have an accent I don't think.. just its different to in Wales and anywhere north where things like grass and class sound better and rhyme with mass, which makes more sense really..

I'm listening to Lifeblood at the moment, I'm definitely going to pick that one up in the near future. :up:

Could someone please tell me what "Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness" means????

An inquiring mind wants to know.

It means 'we write really pretentious lyrics sometimes'. :wink:

Actually after seeing the video for the tune (which, like most of their videos, are a bit boring) I think it refers to isolation in a profit-maximising world. The video basically has the band looking angsty around Tokyo, so I think it could be similar to the ZooTV idea of bright lights and neon signs; that underneath all this shiny capitalism (I suppose the motorcycle acts as a metaphor for this as well) there are souls longing for freedom either economically or in some other form.

Word has it Richey originally wrote 'under economic clouds of loneliness, motorcycle emptiness' but obviously that's stupidly difficult to write music around.

Edit: My favourite lyrics of theirs, incidentally, are those of 'Little Baby Nothing'.

{paintedroses} said:
"Who's responsible? You fucking are" is the best song ending ever..

:yes:

And I love 'Masses Against the Classes.' One of their most rocking songs, so I just love it. It has a very Manics kind of ending as well. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom