Manganui-o-te-Ao River, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If things continue on their current trajectory, Elevation is going to pass Pride for total performances on 360.

Now, I'm glad Pride's been dropped, but there's something horribly wrong about this.

So basically we need to make sure that doesn't happen?

I thought you'd be happy any song is outdoing Pride.

At the moment, Pride has 30 performances on tour, Elevation 26 ... Pride's been dropped, Elevation's being done every gig now, there are six gigs left in the year.

I vote that we firebomb Elevation with IWF. It should mean IWF will be statistically the most performed U2 song of all time again too!

Daniel, Reggo. :wave:

Houston gig's just got under way now ...

Muse's set was pretty good, Plug-in Baby came back. Possibly their best set in support of U2.

Cool :up:

So they've dropped Pride from their live set? I don't believe it. I mean, it was getting strained and painful live, but it's, like, one of the main songs even the most casual fan will associate with U2.

Pride's missed 13 gigs in a row. :drool:

Though I think this tour, it wasn't sounding as bad as it did on Popmart or Elevation. ISHFWILF, WOWY, and One all need to be dropped more.

I've been happy with it, until I've listened to the bootlegs of a couple of shows this year, it just sounds fucking terrible.

It's been okay on PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo.....but it sucks on 360. a

Really thrilled to see Your Blue Room back after a fortnight's absence!

God damn, I wish Toriset.org would hurry up and update. Basically they haven't added any data from the setlists from the european tour!

So I can rub it into U2's faces that Tori has probably played 110+ songs in 50 odd dates.

YBR :drool: Though the fangirl in me is upset that it's some astronaut dude doing Adam's verse. The astrophysics nerd is thrilled to no end. This must be what it feels like to have multiple personalities.

Yeah, I'd prefer YBR without the NASA component. Can't help but feel some of the NASA element takes away from the "live" vibe too.

But YBR in any form is good, so I'm not really complaining!

i just hit myself in the face with my keys. I wish that was a euphemism.

Ten bucks says that's its last appearance for 2009 though.

(Hope like hell that I'm wrong.)

Nobody ever takes me up on my setlist bets! :ohmy:

(Disclaimer: I'm calling all bets off IF one of the shows is filmed for DVD. I think they may do YBR for that, but no show's yet confirmed for a shoot.)

And time for me to bail ... into increasingly unpleasant weather. Bugger!

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom