Manganui-o-te-Ao River, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, just found out the new Pelican album has leaked. :drool:

And I'm going to bake some muffins. :drool:

Good evening is good.

Thinking of listening to Pelican's new album ... and that stuff of yours too! Not sure how I feel about DI.

So you still haven't listened to my band's latest :tsk: :lol: We're already getting ready to record a new cover, we're doing Time is Running Out for Rate Your Music's second cover album, hearing the first made me realise my band is relatively awesome :wink:

I'm looking forward to hearing your list Ax, your lists are generally pretty good for atmosphere

Oh we're finally back!

We're already getting ready to record a new cover, we're doing Time is Running Out for Rate Your Music's second cover album, hearing the first made me realise my band is relatively awesome :wink:

I'm looking forward to hearing your list Ax, your lists are generally pretty good for atmosphere

Ooh, awesome, that'll be pretty cool.

Looking forward to what you make of it ...

How did you spend that amazing hour and a half Ax? :wink:

Reading Silence of the Lambs, actually. Some of it's fairly poorly written, but Hannibal Lecter is such a compelling character even on paper, let alone when played by Anthony Hopkins.

OK John, I'm now listening to some band, I think they might be from Wales or the Isle of Man or somewhere, their name is Midnight Daydream ... maybe you've heard of them?

Ah, it wasn't just our system being retarded. Good to know.

Those hacks? I saw them live they had no idea what they were playing one second they were being all ambient, next they were shredding! Complete hacks, can't stick with one thing for five seconds

Reading Silence of the Lambs, actually. Some of it's fairly poorly written, but Hannibal Lecter is such a compelling character even on paper, let alone when played by Anthony Hopkins.

I thought Dr. Lecter was much scarier in print than in the film.

Reggo. :wave:

Those hacks? I saw them live they had no idea what they were playing one second they were being all ambient, next they were shredding! Complete hacks, can't stick with one thing for five seconds

Nah, I think their atmospheric style has its charm ... when are they touring Australia anyway?

John, the guitar around 4:45 in Memories (OK, it's still going at 5:30), I wish it were a bit more prominent in the mix, maybe played a little more slowly. I like it.

I thought Dr. Lecter was much scarier in print than in the film.

Will let you know my assessment once I'm done with the book. I've always thought Hopkins was brilliant.

Apparently the tour was scheduled for this winter but the Australian Dollar wasn't strong enough

Just get a support slot for U2! If Republic Of Loose can get one, why can't you?

Left.

Liked how the atmosphere of the song got darker at the end, some of it felt quite Floydian actually.

The solo in the left is my friend playing something half off the top of his head, it was basically a 30 second solo he expanded on the spot. I played along in the right speaker to try to balance it out. At around 6 minutes the guitar in the left speaker switches over to me

Apparently the first half is light, then there's the dark reprise, followed by finding the light again reprise or so I was told :lol:

OK John, I'm now listening to some band, I think they might be from Wales or the Isle of Man or somewhere, their name is Midnight Daydream ... maybe you've heard of them?

Godspeed, man. But "Pretty fucking Lights" is da shit.

Hopkins is brilliant, terrifying, and wholly deserved his Oscar for playing him. But the book is just that much scarier. I could've done with out the whole subplot about Jack Crawford and his wife, tho.

Hopkins is brilliant, terrifying, and wholly deserved his Oscar for playing him. But the book is just that much scarier. I could've done with out the whole subplot about Jack Crawford and his wife, tho.

I was disappointed that wasn't more prominent in the film actually.

Back
Top Bottom