Mandy Moore duets with Michael Stipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Mandy Moore and Michael Stipe have recorded a cover of the Beach Boys' "God Only Knows" for Moore's upcoming movie Saved!.

The R.E.M. singer, who co-produced the teen spoof, wanted to join Moore after hearing her initial rendition of the song. "He left me such a sweet little message like, 'You have such a beautiful voice,'" Moore says. "That he wanted to be a part of it was so fucking cool. He actually invited me into his studio to meet the guys."

In Saved! -- which Stipe has likened to "monster vampire high school kind of movies, only here the monsters are Jesus-freak teenagers" -- Moore stars alongside a wheelchair-bound McCauley Caulkin as a Bible-thumping senior at American Christian High.

"My character just thinks that she is so much better than everybody else because she has this personal relationship with Jesus," Moore says. "I got to play the bad girl, which is so much more fun than what I've been doing: the girl who always gets the guy at the end of the film."

Her newest album is covers of XTC, Joe Jackson, The Waterboys, Joni Mitchell, Blondie, etc. It was also produced in part by Andy Sturmner, who was in Jellyfish and made the best album ever-Spilt Milk.

In Saved! -- which Stipe has likened to "monster vampire high school kind of movies, only here the monsters are Jesus-freak teenagers" -- Moore stars alongside a wheelchair-bound McCauley Caulkin as a Bible-thumping senior at American Christian High.

I agree, Jesus-freak teenagers are monsters...

Stipe has sold out though... or is it cool to be with the teen pop stars who reject their own music....

it sounds a bit out of character for Stipe, but ...:huh: yikes, what has the world come to...?

Flying FuManchu said:
Why is it out of character for Stipe? He goes to a Hootie and the Blowfish concert and gives them some praise. There was another instance where Stipe gave priase to a mainstream groups rendition of an REM song...

Face it....

Stipe is a teenybopper....

when did hootie and the blowfish become a teenybopper band? :scratch: rucker's a huge REM fan...

She sits alone by a lamppost, trying to find a thought that's escaped her mind
She says Dad's the one I love the most, but Stipe's not far behind
-let her cry

-headache... who secretly wishes hootie would become cool again so that i can start listening to cracked rear view again :reject:

Last edited:
well she has said her albums are crap so at least she is honest and she knows how to sing:ohmy:

Yep - she has slagged off her first two albums as 'corporate rubbish' - however she stands by her covers album 'Coverage' - which to be honest isn't all that bad :)

I like how this almost two-year-old thread was revived because someone didn't understand someone else's sarcasm.

Back
Top Bottom