Manatee County, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that's not as far back as I was hoping for.

Well, if you want a REALLY old record, the last time you broke 200 in two consecutive threads was ... February 2008, in the very first two threads, Pop Survivor Round One and Australia! You were hence the first of us to do that feat.

Your last 300 was in Humptulips, which I think was May 2008? Too lazy to go check.

Wow, so Melbourne just had its hottest night ever. Didn't drop below 30.6C.

OK, wow, this is already sad enough: Sex robot makes debut - gadgets - technology | Stuff.co.nz

But when you read on ...!

An engineer, Hines said he was inspired to create the robot after a friend died in the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. That got him thinking about preserving his friend's personality, to give his children a chance to interact with him as they're growing up.

Looking around for commercial applications for artificial personalities, he initially thought he might create a home health care aide for the elderly.

"But there was tremendous regulatory and bureaucratic paperwork to get through. We were stuck," Hines said. "So I looked at other markets."

:lmao:

And on that note, I take my leave for a couple of hours. :wave:

I have returned. :wave:

And yes, I know I need to listen to the Stone Roses. :lazy:

It's not too bad - hovering just above 30 and mostly cloudy. But a limb or two melted after a 20 minute walk!

How's it going up in Shepp?

Its hovering around 37-38 I Believe. to add to it though, theres a pretty big shitty wind blowing around too, and its not brining us with the cool change yet.

I think I'm gonna move to the northern hemisphere next December, and I'm kinda not joking!

They're saying it's going to peak back to 40 here, but then the cool change will rock up in the evening. Well, we'll see. I'm hanging out for it.

I've been considering just moving to the bottom of New Zealand myself. Mmm, pleasant summer.

Fuck that for a joke.

No, well I've been thinking about going to the US in December for a month or more for a while now, but now I'm thinking I'd like to spend a year, get a part time job after a while. A lot to planning I guess, but this is what I'm wanting to do right now.

This weather is just ridiculous and erratic. At least it's currently predicted to be 22 on my birthday. :up:

I keep dreaming of living in Switzerland for a couple of years, but I need to complete my PhD first. That means three more years in Melbourne, but I'm sure I can do summers in cooler parts of New Zealand on the premise of "research"!

Summer :drool:

We're expecting rain again tomorrow. Rain. In January. Very rare in this part of the Northern Hemisphere.

Sounds like a viable research project to me (who knows nothing of New Zealand history).

It's probably pissing down in Southland and passing itself off as late autumn! Why am I not there? I totally need to sell this as a viable research project. :lol:

Though actually, we're expecting isolated showers later today and tomorrow here in Mellabournikki too.

I could live in Darwin. Literally, set your watch for 4pm in the wet season (which is summer time) and it will piss down rain and storm for a good half an hour and then disappear! Sure its hot and humid, but RAIN!!

They don't have to worry about water restrictions at all.

I think I am very quickly turning into An Ocean Of Noise's resident crank.

I could live in Darwin. Literally, set your watch for 4pm in the wet season (which is summer time) and it will piss down rain and storm for a good half an hour and then disappear! Sure its hot and humid, but RAIN!!

They don't have to worry about water restrictions at all.

The Gold Coast can be pretty much the same. I'll pass on the humidity!

I think I am very quickly turning into An Ocean Of Noise's resident crank.

The Gold Coast can be pretty much the same. I'll pass on the humidity!

:banghead: I must type up my Little Earthquakes thingo and send it onto John.

Nah I can live in the humidity, get a good air con, a cushy office job, and you're set!

:banghead: I must type up my Little Earthquakes thingo and send it onto John.

Nah I can live in the humidity, get a good air con, a cushy office job, and you're set!

You do! I'd like to read it.

See, I reckon 40C in Melbourne's dry heat is like 32C in Gold Coast humidity. And there really is nothing worse than hopping out of the shower, trying to get dry, and finding yourself even wetter than you started thanks to the humidity. I don't miss that one bit.

You do! I'd like to read it.

See, I reckon 40C in Melbourne's dry heat is like 32C in Gold Coast humidity. And there really is nothing worse than hopping out of the shower, trying to get dry, and finding yourself even wetter than you started thanks to the humidity. I don't miss that one bit.

I've an unedited hand written copy ready to go, If I'm motivated, I'll do it tonight. Its more or less the lead up to release. Part II might be the actual album itself :lol:

Haha, yeah thats true I suppose. I suppose I didn't really spend enough time up there for the weather to piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom