Man Called Sun in the tune of The Communist Sun God Worshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather they just release both digitally and on cd; it's kinda stupid to only do each one way isn't it?

I'd rather they just release both digitally and on cd; it's kinda stupid to only do each one way isn't it?

I see your point. I really like the idea of two different albums at least. The possibilities are exciting if they go that route. Honestly, the band will most likely just release the digitial one on both formats for the sake of more profit. :wink:

I see your point. I really like the idea of two different albums at least. The possibilities are exciting if they go that route. Honestly, the band will most likely just release the digitial one on both formats for the sake of more profit. :wink:

They would; honestly if the second album is out-takes or alternate versions I'm fine with it, like what Amanda is doing

:wave: how are ya?

Yeah, you know I'd love it because of my love for outtakes. :drool:

I hope they put some experimental or unique stuff on it. I'm guessing the first album would be fairly safe.

What I like about the clips is it sounds like they're going for something more atmospheric pretty Unforgettable Fire like; which being my second favourite album ever sounds good to my ears :drool:

What I like about the clips is it sounds like they're going for something more atmospheric pretty Unforgettable Fire like; which being my second favourite album ever sounds good to my ears :drool:

I will admit that I didn't have that much anticipation for this next album until the beach clips from a month or two ago. Moment Of Surrender sounds so cool too. Now I'm more excited for this album than I was for Bomb.

I will admit that I didn't have that much anticipation for this next album until the beach clips from a month or two ago. Moment Of Surrender sounds so cool too. Now I'm more excited for this album than I was for Bomb.

I'm just waiting for the first single to come out and everyone complain how it's commercial like with the Verve's album; they act like the first single is going to be anything but the most commercial song on the album :lol:

:lol:

By the way, I'm wondering how are you deciding the rankings on your top 50 album list? I'm curious. :)

Well I got the 50 albums by doing album ratings the way I usual do, getting a rating for songs on average and then adjusted that by how much it feels like an album. Like an album like Bomb is just the average song quality while The Unforgettable Fire is the song quality (excluding interlude pieces) plus extra rating for how it feels like an album. And then when I had the list I adjusted them by how much I do like them in my mind...complex...

HI, I have no clue what this is all about but I got here after a google search on 'frolicking' and 'whips'

(or maybe this belongs in Zoo Confessions :yikes: )

:lol:

We're the communist sun god worshippers and this is our chat thread :wink:

Wait why were you searching for frolicking whips?

Well I got the 50 albums by doing album ratings the way I usual do, getting a rating for songs on average and then adjusted that by how much it feels like an album. Like an album like Bomb is just the average song quality while The Unforgettable Fire is the song quality (excluding interlude pieces) plus extra rating for how it feels like an album. And then when I had the list I adjusted them by how much I do like them in my mind...complex...

I just made an intial list of albums that standout. Then I pick out albums that standout from the rest and I repeat that process over and over. I'm more about impression and feeling rather than doing it statistically.

I just made an intial list of albums that standout. Then I pick out albums that standout from the rest and I repeat that process over and over. I'm more about impression and feeling rather than doing it statistically.

I find it easier to do it statistically at least to narrow down the options. I mean if I try to do it by albums I remember impressing me a lot I could easily forget a lot of albums that I love.

So how far are you on the list?

I have 50 albums but right now I'm going through albums I really like but haven't got on the list yet; so you could say probably the top 40 on my list are secure for being in the final top 50, while the bottom ten might fall off. You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom