Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey LM! :wave:

And man, slow Intarwebz are slow ... no wonder I don't upload pictures all too frequently.

How's it going, Trav?

Had a decent enough day. Discovered some fine 2009 listening and spent the last half hour or so working on my epic inthistowntastic av. I'll be in and out of here tonight, got some homework to get done. 12 more days and I'm done with high school. :dance:

Pictorial response time!

4285_88786603694_705953694_1830105_6581740_n.jpg

The Axverman himself.

s640x480

The panic.

s640x480

The major.

Australia is crawling with GIANT spiders!

And psh, there's no nature in America, duh :rolleyes:

The one potentially dangerous spider I've seen (which I found in my schoolbag, of all places, back when I was 12) was actually not very large at all.

And you've got mosquitoes and ticks and stuff that carry rather unpleasant diseases that we don't have down here!

Had a decent enough day. Discovered some fine 2009 listening and spent the last half hour or so working on my epic inthistowntastic av. I'll be in and out of here tonight, got some homework to get done. 12 more days and I'm done with high school. :dance:

Isn't that just the best damn feeling in the world, being free of high school?

Hey LM, you got a larger version of that avatar to post? Would love to have a look/read of it.

The one potentially dangerous spider I've seen (which I found in my schoolbag, of all places, back when I was 12) was actually not very large at all.

And you've got mosquitoes and ticks and stuff that carry rather unpleasant diseases that we don't have down here!
I saw a picture of an Australian spider eating a BIRD.

Hey LM, you got a larger version of that avatar to post? Would love to have a look/read of it.

No, that's the smallest I could manage with the KB limitations. Here's a transcript:

[Inthistowntastic Bono walks triumphantly toward the microphone having just completed an epic performance of Knocking On Heaven's Door, Robert Smith in tow]

Inthistowntastic Bono: I would like to thank...a lot of people...for making 1986...

[flashback to a month prior, Bono cooking Jiffy Pop, too short to reach the stove properly]

Inthistowntastic Bono: *hic* ...one of the greatest years of our lives.

I saw a picture of an Australian spider eating a BIRD.

There is a distinction between what you'll find in urban Australia, what you'll find in regional Australia, and what you'll find in the deepest part of the Outback ...

In any case, most of the creatures people fear the most tend to prefer to avoid humans.

This is one of my favourite photos from Saturday. Not for its technical qualities, mind you. I love that I was the only person even aware of this particular bird.

s640x480

It would be, if college weren't so hot on its heels. :crack:

Very much like the Axman, however, I have an epic summer ahead, so that's my consolation.

One thing that graduating will allow you to do is either look back nostalgically or laugh very hard at this:

high-school-musical-3-soundtrack.jpg

There is a distinction between what you'll find in urban Australia, what you'll find in regional Australia, and what you'll find in the deepest part of the Outback ...

In any case, most of the creatures people fear the most tend to prefer to avoid humans.

I've only ever seen tiny spiders, and most people have some sort of strange aversion to them. Poor things just want a chance to live :sad:

So, on Hanging Rock, I walked past ... a tree with a penis.

s640x480

Was just playing around with some image editing ... I like this but I'm no judge of these things.

s640x480

So, on Hanging Rock, I walked past ... a tree with a penis.

s640x480
:uhoh: Do not want.

Was just playing around with some image editing ... I like this but I'm no judge of these things.

s640x480
Looks kinda radioactive. I like it :up: You know the banner at the top of my LJ? I did the purpley effects on that to make it look like some post-nuclear apocalypse world.

This is one of my favourite photos from Saturday. Not for its technical qualities, mind you. I love that I was the only person even aware of this particular bird.

s640x480

Oh, I do love me some rosellas. The ones over here are slightly more orange, though. Sometimes I feel pretty lucky that we have so many colourful birds here, even if they're noisy little fucks and goddamn annoying.

Yeah, but they live in Queensland, and there are worse things to worry about there. Like the people.

:lmao: Quoted for truth.

Man, essay work is like pulling teeth today. I'm writing about South Australia too! But it's not South Australia's fault writing is like pulling teeth. Damn historiographical shit is at fault.

Oh, I do love me some rosellas. The ones over here are slightly more orange, though. Sometimes I feel pretty lucky that we have so many colourful birds here, even if they're noisy little fucks and goddamn annoying.

There were heaps of them about too ... I'm uploading a few more photos now. Gorgeous birds, and unsurprisingly these ones seemed pretty comfortable around humans - using flash didn't cause them to even flinch, let alone flee. Though U-Wen's attempt to use some dried fruit to lure one to eat out of his hand didn't work!

Back
Top Bottom