Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good pleasantly chilly morning, Superthread. :wave:

(+61): yeah so this exboyfriend of yours reckons you're still together and he punched me in the face cos i slept with you last week. you might wanna have a word with him or at a minimum change your facebook status.

:lmao:

Not so badly, finished another essay this morning.

I see you are killing me in Survivor.

How far along are you in the epic novel/essay?

Yeah...>_>

Depends which you mean! My coursework essays are all but done - just 2,000 words to go on one. Thesis, I still need to write 4,500 words by this time next month, which should be OK as a lot of what I want to write, I've already researched for past essays.

I expect to be killed in every round. OH NOEZ TEH LAK OV VOCKULZ.

So. I lost some purity points today.

Oh yes? And your score now is ...?

Depends which you mean! My coursework essays are all but done - just 2,000 words to go on one. Thesis, I still need to write 4,500 words by this time next month, which should be OK as a lot of what I want to write, I've already researched for past essays.

I expect to be killed in every round. OH NOEZ TEH LAK OV VOCKULZ.

Yeah, I was referring to the Thesis. For some reason I thought it was due like...tomorrow :lol:.

:therethere: :hug:.

Just stopping by to say that I listened to Deadwing today and now label myself a casual Porcupine Tree fan. If there's a formal initiation necessary, forgive my zealousness. :)

Yeah, I was referring to the Thesis. For some reason I thought it was due like...tomorrow :lol:.

:therethere: :hug:.

Thank god it's not! It's also only a half-length draft that isn't actually marked - I just have to submit it in order for the full-length thesis to be marked in October, and obviously it'll get me important feedback. However, I'll probably do a fair bit of work this month once my coursework essays are done, since I'll then be in Europe, and once I get back I'll probably have more coursework to do.

Just stopping by to say that I listened to Deadwing today and now label myself a casual Porcupine Tree fan. If there's a formal initiation necessary, forgive my zealousness. :)

Ooh, cool. Any particular favourites? And I hope the edition you listened to has She's Moved On as a bonus track - I prefer that version of it to the original on Lightbulb Sun and I generally just think it's a quality track that should've been a hit.

Ooh, cool. Any particular favourites? And I hope the edition you listened to has She's Moved On as a bonus track - I prefer that version of it to the original on Lightbulb Sun and I generally just think it's a quality track that should've been a hit.

Sorry to say it did not; ended with Glass Arm Shattering. As far as favorites, Deadwing and Mellotron Scratch were my favorites on first listen. I was sort of looking out for Lazarus, but it didn't grab me at first. The heavier the album got, the more I enjoyed it, really.

So I've heard In Absentia, Stupid Dream, and Deadwing. Where to now?

Sorry to say it did not; ended with Glass Arm Shattering. As far as favorites, Deadwing and Mellotron Scratch were my favorites on first listen. I was sort of looking out for Lazarus, but it didn't grab me at first. The heavier the album got, the more I enjoyed it, really.

So I've heard In Absentia, Stupid Dream, and Deadwing. Where to now?

Over time, I think I've come to prefer the softer side, and songs like Shallow and Halo have slipped a bit in my estimation. My personal favourites are the two you named, plus Lazarus and Arriving Somewhere But Not Here.

Personally, I would suggest Lightbulb Sun. It didn't grab me immediately and took some time to build into one of my favourites, but I think some of it may strike you more immediately than it struck me. Plus The Rest Will Flow is simply beautiful and Hatesong dominates.

Over time, I think I've come to prefer the softer side, and songs like Shallow and Halo have slipped a bit in my estimation. My personal favourites are the two you named, plus Lazarus and Arriving Somewhere But Not Here.

Personally, I would suggest Lightbulb Sun. It didn't grab me immediately and took some time to build into one of my favourites, but I think some of it may strike you more immediately than it struck me. Plus The Rest Will Flow is simply beautiful and Hatesong dominates.

Sounds like a plan. I want to get to their more proggy stuff like Up The Downstair and The Sky Moves Sideways at some point, since it's naturally more my bag, but I do love their heavier work. It allows me to feel like a badass (this coming from the guy listening to Joni Mitchell at the moment) without actually having to listen to legitimate death metal.

Sounds like a plan. I want to get to their more proggy stuff like Up The Downstair and The Sky Moves Sideways at some point, since it's naturally more my bag, but I do love their heavier work. It allows me to feel like a badass (this coming from the guy listening to Joni Mitchell at the moment) without actually having to listen to legitimate death metal.

:laugh:

Up The Downstair is worth it for Fadeaway alone, possibly my favourite album closer ever, and in the right mood it takes over from Piano Lessons as my favourite PT song.

Lightbulb Sun, like Stupid Dream, is one of the transitional albums between the early proggy stuff and the later heavier stuff. It's perhaps a bit stylistically closer to In Absentia than Stupid Dream is. Hatesong sure wouldn't be out of place on IA anyway.

:laugh:

Up The Downstair is worth it for Fadeaway alone, possibly my favourite album closer ever, and in the right mood it takes over from Piano Lessons as my favourite PT song.

Lightbulb Sun, like Stupid Dream, is one of the transitional albums between the early proggy stuff and the later heavier stuff. It's perhaps a bit stylistically closer to In Absentia than Stupid Dream is. Hatesong sure wouldn't be out of place on IA anyway.

Get this. Rhapsody has Metanoia, but not Lightbulb Sun. They certainly know what the people want, eh?

So, of the following, what's your pick:

Sky Moves Sideways
Signify
Fear Of A Blank Planet
Up The Downstair
On The Sunday Of Life

Back
Top Bottom