Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (6 members and 2 guests)
Angela Harlem, cobl04+, Axver+, Cin, liamcool+, killjoy

:tapsfoot:

i was uncomfortable with it.

i did really like the censored ad on the gruen the other week, though. i thought it was top notch and briefly contemplated starting a thread on it to see what the general reaction would be, but figured maybe not worth it.

i'm glad the thread on australia got closed. is khan around? i wonder who closed it.

that guy is a wanker

it's quite simple and rather blunt. i like it. with issues like tolerance, i'm really not interested in complicated speeches and shit. make the point as quickly and clearly as possible. i support the ad very much and wish the abc had the balls to air it. i wish commercial tv would air it for free. alas. not everyone wants to live in trees and eat lentils like me.

Oooh, now I definitely need to watch it.

and yes, yes you were!
:grumpy:

no matter :D it's probably best i don't know what you really think of me :lmao:

Oh shit!

Psh, it'd be a positive review! But I'm too lazy right now. :tongue:

Oooh, now I definitely need to watch it.

Oh shit!

Psh, it'd be a positive review! But I'm too lazy right now. :tongue:

i think you'd like it. it would be obvious to you, too. you'd be "well, of course", but the problem with an ad like this is that not everyone is. they discuss the shock and confrontation and just ignore the point. it really shits me with things like this. like the urge to smack people is not bad enough!

sorry, i'm making you more curious. go watch it now. there's a good 15 minutes or so of panel discussion on it, but you don't need to hear the little t-shirt guy and russell whatsisname argue.

it's ok to be lazy, too. i know you adore having me around :D :lol:

Anna, do you remember the URL for that ad? I'm blanking on it.

ugh. i can hear what sounds like pink on the tv. is it my imagination, or has she taken some trash train to poppy chart death lately? she used to be cool. now she's the same as the other screechy whiney female solo artists.

ugh. i can hear what sounds like pink on the tv. is it my imagination, or has she taken some trash train to poppy chart death lately? she used to be cool. now she's the same as the other screechy whiney female solo artists.

I honestly never differentiated her from any other screechy whiney female solo artists in the first place.

Bye Danny! :wave:

We can't have that!

lol. i actually want to start on one. i've finally been given the dreaded topic: are criminals made or born? 1. i don't know. 2. no one else knows. 3. i still don't know!

i think they're made. i have to find me some emprical evidence to prove it and then argue my little heart out.

... but then, some people are just destined to be bad eggs, ya know? the little kid from shalvey from crack addict mum and dad who are in and out of prison, and he spends half his life in foster care, the other half in juvie, he just isn't going to be the next treasurer of australia.
:slant:

lol. i actually want to start on one. i've finally been given the dreaded topic: are criminals made or born? 1. i don't know. 2. no one else knows. 3. i still don't know!

i think they're made. i have to find me some emprical evidence to prove it and then argue my little heart out.

... but then, some people are just destined to be bad eggs, ya know? the little kid from shalvey from crack addict mum and dad who are in and out of prison, and he spends half his life in foster care, the other half in juvie, he just isn't going to be the next treasurer of australia.
:slant:

I don't know. If you took that kid at birth away from such a situation, there's nothing to say he'd be inherently disposed to crime. I think it's definitely an environment and situational thing.

Back
Top Bottom