Mamungkukumpurangkuntjunya Hill Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm going to be a bit of a masochist tonight and listen to Human Touch and Lucky Town, maybe finish off with a little Working on a Dream

Hey thread.

Sort of finished an essay. Just one to really go now. :drool:

hey guys.
I'm new.
Honestly, I only made an account to reply to this thread.
A week or so ago, you were talking about Dix, IL.

I live there. Me and 400 other people.
I'm not like, angry about the thread or anything, I find it hilarious.
I actually show the wiki page to a lot of people, because of how ridiculous it is.

Huh, we got noticed! Welcome. :wave:

At least Dix, IL is on Wikipedia. I do have to wonder what people from Pitcairn Island think if they Google locations from there and the ONLY thing they find is our threads visiting them ...

I actually live in the childhood home of the NORML guy.
the funniest thing is, my father is a drug cop! ha ha ha!

and in case you didn't get any of the local jokes, we actually have a barber shop. the lady who works there has been cutting hair around dix for 20 years.
oh, and they thought about opening a place to purchase alcohol, but no one liked the name Dix Liquors.

Oh man, that's great stuff. :lmao:

Huh, we got noticed! Welcome. :wave:

At least Dix, IL is on Wikipedia. I do have to wonder what people from Pitcairn Island think if they Google locations from there and the ONLY thing they find is our threads visiting them ...

Oh man, that's great stuff. :lmao:

Oh man, I missed that post! Awesome stuff right there. That wiki page IS pure gold.

Oh, damn. I thought I found a third song on this album I liked, but, since this is Human Touch, I'm assuming that is not Clarence playing that sax solo, and therefore DEATH TO THIS SONG

In other news, that new motion capture thing for the XBox 360 looks amazing - provided they can pull it off correctly.

Wikipedia does not say who is playing Saxophone on this album, but I hope whoever it is realizes that I will find them.

Ok, I know I'm not done with the album yet, and also that no one here cares, but here's my assessment of WHY everyone hates Human Touch so much. None of the songs are really that offensive, they're just bland. I mean, this album is incredibly Springsteen by the numbers. Add to that the fact that the feeling of knowing it's not an E Street Band album, and I think that's where all the hatred comes from, but, and I need to listen to Lucky Town and check on this, I don't think this album is any worse than that 'un.

I saw Bruce Willis today. I mean, obviously he wasn't Bruce Willis, but God, it was uncanny
A dude that looks JUST LIKE Jesse Jackson was eating at the next booth over from me at McDonald's. I almost wonder if it was really him, except why would he be in Paducah, at the McDonald's farthest away from civilization.

Ok, I know I'm not done with the album yet, and also that no one here cares, but here's my assessment of WHY everyone hates Human Touch so much. None of the songs are really that offensive, they're just bland. I mean, this album is incredibly Springsteen by the numbers. Add to that the fact that the feeling of knowing it's not an E Street Band album, and I think that's where all the hatred comes from, but, and I need to listen to Lucky Town and check on this, I don't think this album is any worse than that 'un.

Change the names and I'd think you're describing ATYCLB.

Anyway, I need to get some exercise. Time for a walk. :wave:

A dude that looks JUST LIKE Jesse Jackson was eating at the next booth over from me at McDonald's. I almost wonder if it was really him, except why would he be in Paducah, at the McDonald's farthest away from civilization.

Well, exactly, why would Bruce be working in construction? But I'm telling you, this guy even had that little eye squinty thing going on.

ok....it's official. I am bored. Thankfully, only three more tracks.....unfortunately, one of them is called "Pony Boy"

Back
Top Bottom