Malbun, Liechtenstein Superthread (400 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I STILL haven't seen LM's thing in the Facebook ad.

It loves Ian though.

I wonder if it's tailored geographically at all? I haven't seen Khan, Sicy, or other Americans either, while I have seen people closer to this part of the planet.

But then I've seen some other US/European posters, so who knows ... :hmm:

Really, that album came out of absolutely nowhere in my world. I was all "... the fuck is that?"

So guys, do you think it's worth even putting forth the effort of calling Dave to see if he wants to hang out tonight?

Unrelated: OH GODDAMN HORRIBLE MUSIC HOUR!!!
One of my favourite songs has the lyric "Some days I feel broke inside" and the first thing I thought of was BrokeNCYDE.
GODDAMN IT.
GODDAMN IT.

Nah, I want to watch Inglourious Basterds. I think I'll just stay home.

By 'odd' you mean 'phonetic'.

It's why I made a point of going up there in July!

By "odd" I meant I was pretty sure it was phonetic, but not positive, that L was throwing me.

That's cool though. I mean, you shit on Americans for pronouncing Melbourne wrong, though, but I wonder how you pronounce "Tokyo" :p

By "odd" I meant I was pretty sure it was phonetic, but not positive, that L was throwing me.

That's cool though. I mean, you shit on Americans for pronouncing Melbourne wrong, though, but I wonder how you pronounce "Tokyo" :p

BAAAAAAAAhahahahaha!!!

alright, I'm done being snarky.

bbl.

Q: How the hell DOES one pronounce Melbourne anyway? I'm sure my hick Cumberland friends will stop laughing at me behind my back if I rectify my ignorance.

Probably. And how would you pronounce "Terre Haute" ;).

But enough about "language" barriers.

No fucking clue! Terry haughty?

Q: How the hell DOES one pronounce Melbourne anyway? I'm sure my hick Cumberland friends will stop laughing at me behind my back if I rectify my ignorance.

Malbun/Melb'n. The 'bourne' is swallowed, basically.

See, the thing that "bothers" me about the pronunciation of Melbourne, is that I'm pretty sure it's near impossible for someone without the right accent to pronounce it right. I could be wrong, it's just, I was actually just listening to Australian natives say it, and I don't think I could say that without making the R audible/sounding stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom