Malbun, Liechtenstein Superthread (400 Superthreads!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already got the pics of me being most UNimpressed...

Here we go. When I found out New Zealand had beaten Australia in the rugby, while walking through the fog and snow in Malbun:

s640x480

It's not very clear on my cameraphone, but yes, that's snow. It's a fuckin' blizzard! :yippie:

Though I've to go to my new job in about two hours, I can't cycle in this weather. :doh: I'll have to walk. It's still awesome weather! We've a record of the most amount of snow fallen in YEARS!

snowtu.jpg

We have over a half a foot here at the moment.

20471_279680507540_665132540_3870226_3298971_n.jpg

That's my brother behind me, btw. The sidewalk is somewhere under where we're walking. And the ugly building is the back of the bowling alley.

:drool: NOw THAT is some nice snow! Most of what we had has gone already, but it's starting to build up again nicely since this morning.

Oh GG2, I was reading about SoulSilver and GayrifficGold or whatever it is, and now I want a DS. I still remember anticipating the original Gold and Silver coming out, though! Does it have any of the newer Pokemon in it too? I was mainly just looking at graphics.

:wave: Yeah, it's been a while, timezones an' all.

I'm doing good, thanks. Been insanely busy so I decided to quit working saturdays to get more 'me' time. Worked my last saturday two days ago.

How've you been?

Ah, good stuff. :up:

I'm pretty good, leaving tomorrow morning to follow Porcupine Tree around Australia with Charlotte. Should be in bed right now but 10am is way too early to go to sleep!

:wave: Yeah, it's been a while, timezones an' all.

I'm doing good, thanks. Been insanely busy so I decided to quit working saturdays to get more 'me' time. Worked my last saturday two days ago.
That sounds like a good sanity-keeping measure :up:

Next time bring an esky. :wink:

But photos sum up the memory probably better than a lump of ice in a box. :lol:

Well, usually I'm all for souvenirs, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up a Malbun or any sort of Liechtenstein rock while I was there! Next time, an esky and a geology hammer... :evil:

It's not very clear on my cameraphone, but yes, that's snow. It's a fuckin' blizzard! :yippie:

Though I've to go to my new job in about two hours, I can't cycle in this weather. :doh: I'll have to walk. It's still awesome weather! We've a record of the most amount of snow fallen in YEARS!

snowtu.jpg

Holy shit, awesome. Why am I not there NOW?!

Was Colonel Mayonnaise included?

Plain brown lentils, tabouleh and scattered bits of cous-cous. A very, very, very light dressing which could just be my imagination. It's boring food like this which puts people off of getting healthy. I'd rather have sat at home eating mixed lettuce and spinach out of a packet, which I actually kind of enjoy.

Criminy, which planet are you on?
Kentucky. This is supposed to be the south.
Now that looks like proper snow... cos it's not like any snow I've ever seen!
We had over twice that at Christmas 2004! But to people in the upper midwest, this is nothing. They get meters of it.

Hi also Chass! :wave: How are you? Besides cold...
Good, no panic attacks for over a week now :up:

Here we go. When I found out New Zealand had beaten Australia in the rugby, while walking through the fog and snow in Malbun:

s640x480
Marry me.

Oh GG2, I was reading about SoulSilver and GayrifficGold or whatever it is, and now I want a DS. I still remember anticipating the original Gold and Silver coming out, though! Does it have any of the newer Pokemon in it too? I was mainly just looking at graphics.

They're gonna be awesome. :hyper:
The game itself will be like the originals, only the original 251 pokemon in it(well, excluding Mew, celebi will be a Nintendo event). When you beat the league and get a new pokedex you'll be able to catch newer pokemon on special days with a certain radio program(like you could attract rarer pokemon in the original games with Ben's pokemon music). And there's a Safari zone added for other 3rd and 4th generation pokemon. So I think they did pretty well excluding the Fugly new shites.

I'm pretty happy with it, preordered the game yesterday. Well, my friend did because the asses from Amazon.com won't ship to Holland cause the game isn't out here yet. So they're now shipping to her friends in the US who'll send it here.

The graphics will be in the latest style, and seeing how much they've improved from diamond/pearl to platinum I'm pretty happy. If you want to see a bit of screencaps, take a look on Serebii.net [http://www.serebii.net] :)

Damn, what a rant. :lol: Don't get me started on pokemon guys!

snowtu.jpg

Wow! I guess that's an evergreen rooster there... still looks a lot different to when I was there!

P8060183sml.jpg

Ah, good stuff. :up:

I'm pretty good, leaving tomorrow morning to follow Porcupine Tree around Australia with Charlotte. Should be in bed right now but 10am is way too early to go to sleep!
Wow, that's pretty cool. Where are you going to see them? All over?

That sounds like a good sanity-keeping measure :up:

Well, usually I'm all for souvenirs, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up a Malbun or any sort of Liechtenstein rock while I was there! Next time, an esky and a geology hammer... :evil:
Yeah, I almost had a burn out during christmas, so I had to. Besides, I have a tutoring job at my old highschool now so I don't need the saturday money anymore. :D

:hmm: Didn't we get you a rock from Malbun? I seem to remember giving you a rock I found/took somewhere.

How've you been?
Holy shit, awesome. Why am I not there NOW?!
It's been like that pretty much since the day after christmas. Then a few days where it gets warmer and the snow melts away, everybody happy that it's gone. And WHAM there goes another blizzard. :lol: I love it, but everyone else hates it!
Shame the sun's out now. C'mon snow, gimme moar!

s640x480

Happy Axver. :cute:

Fantastic. Those Liechtenstein rocks are rare, you know.

Plain brown lentils, tabouleh and scattered bits of cous-cous. A very, very, very light dressing which could just be my imagination. It's boring food like this which puts people off of getting healthy. I'd rather have sat at home eating mixed lettuce and spinach out of a packet, which I actually kind of enjoy.

Hah, very. I always thought mayo would've improved it some bit.

They're gonna be awesome. :hyper:
The game itself will be like the originals, only the original 251 pokemon in it(well, excluding Mew, celebi will be a Nintendo event). When you beat the league and get a new pokedex you'll be able to catch newer pokemon on special days with a certain radio program(like you could attract rarer pokemon in the original games with Ben's pokemon music). And there's a Safari zone added for other 3rd and 4th generation pokemon. So I think they did pretty well excluding the Fugly new shites.

I'm pretty happy with it, preordered the game yesterday. Well, my friend did because the asses from Amazon.com won't ship to Holland cause the game isn't out here yet. So they're now shipping to her friends in the US who'll send it here.

The graphics will be in the latest style, and seeing how much they've improved from diamond/pearl to platinum I'm pretty happy. If you want to see a bit of screencaps, take a look on Serebii.net [http://www.serebii.net] :)

Damn, what a rant. :lol: Don't get me started on pokemon guys!

Sounds good. I played Ruby and Sapphire on an emulator in high school, along with everyone else, while slacking at school. Haven't played the even more recent one, though. I don't mind some of the new ones that I remember, but yeah, the first 251 are the best.

Serebii.net! I used to go there all the time. :silent: I was kind of obsessed with the Pokermans. Is Lugia your favourite? Vaporeon is mine.

Wow! I guess that's an evergreen rooster there... still looks a lot different to when I was there!

P8060183sml.jpg

Yeah it's a buxus, they're always green. Though if you look closely, the new branches are a lighter green than the rest. :)
And mom always 'grooms' it in september, so that's why it looks different. It's a lot slimmer and she always tries to make the rooster shape more obvious.

You're quite right... 10pm is much more reasonable.

:wink:

:flees:

Good, no panic attacks for over a week now :up:

That's great! Well done :up: :hug:

Malbun looks a lot prettier than Melbourne. :love: Does it have a Little Lygon St?

I dunno, but that bar/cafe place we went into was pretty nice! Once I could see through my fogged-up glasses, anyway...
Never has a hot chocolate been more welcome... :drool:

Oh hey look, it's my 120,000th post. :crack:

Let's celebrate with MALBUN SPAM! Because Bonnie's dead right. This Malbun is actually photogenic.

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

s640x480

I dunno, but that bar/cafe place we went into was pretty nice! Once I could see through my fogged-up glasses, anyway...
Never has a hot chocolate been more welcome... :drool:

Sounds good. Oh man, you just reminded me of this place in Hahndorf which makes the most amazing hot chocolate. We will all have to go sometime.

Sounds good. I played Ruby and Sapphire on an emulator in high school, along with everyone else, while slacking at school. Haven't played the even more recent one, though. I don't mind some of the new ones that I remember, but yeah, the first 251 are the best.

Serebii.net! I used to go there all the time. :silent: I was kind of obsessed with the Pokermans. Is Lugia your favourite? Vaporeon is mine.

Oh, well if you know emulators you could get a ds or dslite and buy a flashcard. I have one of those and you can just get a rom of platinum to try it out. I also have a homebrew emulator for gameboy colour games, have actually been playing Silver on it lately! :lol:

Agreed with that. Silver is still my favourite game and generation, that's why I'm so psyched for this remake!

Have you heard the rumours about a possible 5th gen yet? I truly think they're going too far with the milking now. Most of the 4th gen pokemon are ugly and useless idiots, and they've already used most animals. I really do hope they're making new games and areas without any new pokemon, it's just too much already.

You're kidding??? :lol: Vaporeon has been my favourite ever since Yellow! I've ALWAYS had one in my teams, though it took me ages to get one in Silver because you couldn't get water stones unless you got to Bill's grandpa!
Next to Vaporeon I always loved Mareep and Tyranitar. Yeah, you can see what my favourite generation is easily! :love: Vappy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom