Making Avatars with Microsoft Photo Editor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Hey guys- Question: How to make clear Avatars with Microsoft Photo Editor? I don't have access to Photoshop, so this is all I got.
I know how to resize the photo's etc... but they always lose their quality when I reduce the size. Is there a way to change the size and still maintain the integrity of the picture? :scratch: Or am I out of luck with this program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx! :D

I always had to use Photo Editor until I got Photoshop and I never found out how to maintain the quality. :shrug: I don't think that this is possible at all. Cutting-pasting-resizing - that's about all that programme can do.

Angel,

After playing with Photo Editor, it appears that if you ckeck the "smooth" box on the resizing menu, you get a better picture.

Hope that helps some. :wave:

Angel...start with new or blank picture. It will give the option to make it a size....change the measurements to pixels and make it the pixel size you need, then click done. It will come up with a little white box in the middle of the screen and on the left hand size choose add something...pick add picture from computer (hard drive) when the pic shows up it will be big but have dotted lines around it. Go to the corner of your pic and a little doublesided diagonal arrow will show up. move the arrow in toward the picture to shrink it...keep doing this until the picture fits inside the white box, then save.

hope this helps if not, pm me.

Angel, who is that in your avatar now?

P.S. I FINALLY downloaded Volcano by Damian Rice.

OMG! It's so awesome! Does he have anything else out??

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Angel, who is that in your avatar now?
Uhm.... Justin Timberlake, lol. It was a joke. :sexywink:

Damien Rice is awesome!!! You should get his whole album! Or I can always burn it for you.

thx for the advice guys, I'll try it out.

I THOUGHT it was Justin, but wouldn't figure out WHY he was your avatar....I was a little scared there for you for a while...

You could burn it for me???

daisybean said:
..pick add picture from computer (hard drive) when the pic shows up it will be big but have dotted lines around it.

where does this option exist :scratch:

I did open picture after your first instructions, but instead of opening it in the white box, it opened it in a new window. :|

... I'd PM you but I haven't subscribed yet. :reject:

Angel said:
Of course! and uhm... I think Justin is sexy... lol :reject:

He looks cute in your avatar, and he CAN dance, I'll say. Sometimes he looks a little bit like a chicken when he tries to act 'hip hop' and waves his head around in a funny way. It's hard to explain.....

Could I send you a blank cd?

Back
Top Bottom