Magazine mail-off, part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
See part 1 for rules.

This is a big one. Some good stuff, some weird stuff. I'll let you decide which is which.

1. People magazine December 19, 1983: Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta on cover, article on Eurythmics

2. People magazine February 21, 1977: Rod Stewart and Britt Ekland on cover. (Don't laugh; he used to be hot and good.)

3. Time magazine July 18, 1983: drawing of David Bowie on cover, article/appreciation on David Bowie

4. American Film magazine September 1983: David Bowie on cover, articles about Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence

5. American Cinematographer magazine October 1982: The Wall movie on cover, articles on The Wall (Bob Geldof)

6. Happening Orange County magazine February 1983: Dustin Hoffman as Tootsie on cover; interview with Sting

7. Mother Jones August 1983: Article/analysis of David Bowie inside

8. Rolling Stone 450 June 20, 1985: David Letterman on cover; Major interview with Eric Clapton; Tom Wolfe; REM album review (Fables); Leonard Cohen

The rest of this is issues of a magazine called Record Review.

9. April 1980: Todd Rundgren on cover; articles on Todd, Bob Marley, Police, Iggy

10. April 1981: That singer from REO and Sting on cover; articles on REO Speedwagon, Police, Roy Buchanan; retrospectives on Count Basie, Neil Young

11. October 1981: Ozzy Osbourne on cover; Artcles on Ozzy, Santana, Jack Douglas, ZZ Top, retrospective on Dizzy Gillespie

12. February 1982: Black Sabbath on cover; articles on John Lennon, Sabbath, Dave Davies, Jon Anderson, Robert Fripp

13. April 1982: Ozzy on cover again!; articles on Ozzy, Earl Slick, Ray Davies, Jimmy Page/Zep, part two of Dizzy Gillespie retrospective

14. June 1982: Joan Jett on cover; articles on Joanie, Neal Schon, part two of the Zep/Page thing, Frank Zappa, Thelonius Monk

Let's leave this open until Monday. I'll be out of town for part of the weekend! :D

Last edited:
I'll take #14 and 2 (for kicks!). Unless there are some serious Rod fans around here, then I'll let them have it. For as long as I can remember, mom has had a subscription to People...I'm curious to see what it was like in the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom