MADONNA HITS THE ROAD ON THE ?re-INVENTION' TOUR UPDATE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
MADONNA HITS THE ROAD ON THE ?re-INVENTION' TOUR UPDATE

March 22nd New York ? For immediate release. "I'm happy to confirm the rumors. Madonna will be going out on tour this spring and summer," announced the star's long time manager, Caresse Henry. Clear Channel Entertainment is the promoter of Madonna's worldwide tour, which begins in Los Angeles on May 24th.
The tour will sweep across major markets in the US including Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta and Miami and then continue with stops in London, Paris and proposed visits to Israel and Ireland.

According to Ms. Henry, "Madonna has already started rehearsals for 'The re-Invention Tour' and she can't wait to get back on stage to recreate her songs from the earliest days of her career up until the present. There is no doubt that this tour will be the pinnacle of her long standing and well deserved reputation as one of the most exciting live performers of our time. And as a special treat to her fans, existing Icon fan club members will have access to tickets prior to the on-sale dates in local markets."

The Material Girl, a Warner Bros./Maverick recording artist, represented by Creative Artists Agency, is a five-time Grammy? winner, a multi MTV Award winner and has sold over 250 million albums during the span of her extraordinary two decade career. In addition, she has had more Top Ten singles than any female artist in history and second only to Elvis Presley.

The current schedule follows with additional shows announce at a later date.

Date City Venue
May 24 Los Angeles Forum
May 29 Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden ArenaJune 8 San Jose HP Pavilion
June l3 Washington, DC MCI Center
June 16 & 17 New York City Madison Sq. Garden
June 27 Boston Worcester Centrum
July 4 Philadelphia Wachovia Center
July 11 Chicago United Center
July l8 Toronto Air Canada Centre
July 24 Atlanta Philips Arena
July 28 Fort Lauderdale Office Depot Center
August l Miami American Airlines Arena
August l8 London Earls Court
Sept. 1 &n! bsp;&nbs p; Paris Bercy
On-sale dates to be announced in local markets.

For Official Fan Club, Tour and Ticket Information, visit www.madonna.com
For Official VIP Ticket packages, visit www.madonnaviptickets.com

For more news, visit Madonna.com.

I hope she also comes to the Netherlands. I'd like to see her live once. On her Drowned World tour she was supposed to play Cologne in Germany (in the same venue where I saw Elevation twice! :hyper: ), but she cancelled that date. And that was the closest one to the Netherlands!
It shouldn't be that difficult, is it, including the Netherlands and Australia?

Hoping...

Marty (who doesn't have a single Madonna CD)

I love Madonna, I grew up to her, I have true blue, Like a prayer and even Dick Tracy on vinyl and I have quite a bit of her stuff on cd- Ray of Light is one of my fave albums still to this day and sadly the only other time that she came to Australia, was back in 93 and she played Brisbane in the same week that U2 played, well back then I was only 16 and didnt have that much money, so of course I saw U2, but I would love to see her one day. I cant stand her attitude but she puts on a good show, although I dont think that she has reallyd done anything great since 'Beautiful Stranger' so I would be a bit pissed if she did make it here and I spent shit loads of money on a ticket only to hear her new lame music.........anyway I will bet loads of money that she dosnt make it here:madspit:

I know what you guys mean. I'm lucky enough to live in Canada's 3rd largest city (largest is Toronto, 2nd is Montreal), and luckily most major acts when touring will come to these 3 cities, but the rest of country can be out of luck. There is a lot of space between Toronto and Vancouver, with several large cities that can and have supported large bands on tour (U2 is one of them). If you happen to live in one of the have not cities your concert options can be really limited. You can either travel to either Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal or the closest American city. Sadly, this means a road trip that many concert goers just can't afford.

since she did that last "tour" which only led her to small venues in that oh so priviledged mood n setup, i don?t really care to see her live. she had a lot more energy in the 80s. she?s a good dancer, anyway. but i?d prefer prince a hundered times.

i was going to go the show in LA but i have heard tickets are going to be in the 175-300 $ range.

I just can't see the sense in paying that much money. I saw in on the Blond Ambition tour ( and it was great) but I think for that much dough i'll have to skip.

Sorry Madge, but for me, she's outpriced herself.

Depending on the venue, tickets range from $45 to $375. I admit that $375 is a bit high, but I have no qualms about paying $90 or $150 to see Madonna. I paid about $140 to see U2, and while that show was phenomenal, it didn't have nearly the spectacle and production value of Madonna's.

YESSSS i got tickets, going to the 2nd Earls Court, London gig :)

can't wait!!! 134 days now ;)

ohh yeah she IS playing slane this summer, erm... http://www.londonticketshop.co.uk/index.htm, they are selling tickets for Slane ?195 :eek: but the other tickets they have on sale are pretty expensive, almost twice as much as ticketmaster...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom