Madonna = Esther

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's her religious name. She not actually asking people to call her Esther.

With Madonna, I've learned to just go along with everything she does and hope she'll make a good album again soon.

I love this "sentence":

"Paris Hilton did come to the Kabbalah Centre once, because her parents brought her ... and they wanted to help her and they were desperate and they brought her there and she had a meeting and she left and she never came back and suddenly, Paris Hilton studies Kabbalah."

Haha...

Melon

First have to say that Madonna is my girl so I stand behind most everything she does. I seriously do not understand why such a big deal is being made out of this Esther thing, it's just like when you get confirmed in the Catholic church or what the Apostles went through, people select new names for themselves to reflect their rebirth in God. It doesn't necessarily mean they want to be called by this name (no one calls me "Moira," which is my Confirmation name), it just marks you new spiritual life.

And I was in the pit at her second Pond show a few weeks ago, was less than a foot away from her at some points, and she is so pretty. She looks great for her age, her body is fantastic, and she has the biggest, brightest blue eyes I have ever seen (sorry Bono).

I don't see anything wrong or controversial about the name change. Matter of fact, this is very low-key Madonna publicity,
considering her past exploits. :)

melon said:
I love this "sentence":

"Paris Hilton did come to the Kabbalah Centre once, because her parents brought her ... and they wanted to help her and they were desperate and they brought her there and she had a meeting and she left and she never came back and suddenly, Paris Hilton studies Kabbalah."

Haha...

Melon

:lmao:

MrBrau1 said:
Her face is starting to look like my Grandma.
:lmao: i know! she's really not aging well. he hands really show it. i don't care what she says, i think this whole kabbalah thing is just a phase, since she can't seem to stick with one idea or thing for too long. why not? because then she couldn't reinvent herself another 1000 times so the world will actually care about her, even though now all her reinventions are no longer new and unique, but hopping on bandwagons. but since the music, fashion, etc. world has their lips firmly planted on her ass (where they've been since 1984), they still think everything she does is just so wonderful and unique when it's really old and tired or just dumb.

if any other pop star had bagpipes at their concert, they'd get laughed into oblivion. and if this is just her religious name now and she doesn't want people calling her this, why did she think it was important enough to tell the press? most people i know just get confirmed and that's it. they don't trade confirmation names like baseball cards. :|

Sicy said:
I'm just gonna call her Grandma Esther :|

Yeah, when I hear the name Esther, the first thing I think of is Grandma Walton!

1gw-vi.jpg

But leave it to Madonna to turn any name into something tawdry. "Esther" already sounds a bit dirty now. :wink:

Melon

I don't think Madonna's into Kabbalah for publicity or is going through a phase. But I do think she is a fanatic. She never shuts up about it, can't go through one interview without discussing it, kinda preaches it to everyone she meets, and now thinks she has all the answers to life.

I also wonder if this name change means she's going through a mid-life crisis. :hmm:

foray said:
She's not ageing well? Damn, that woman can split her legs and flex those arm muscles like no woman I know can.

foray

Look at her face. She's turning into the Classic Italian Grandma. All the make-up in the world cand hide that. Not that it should be hidden.

Well for Pete's sake she is almost 46 years old. Put her beside any other 46 year old woman (except perhaps for Asian and dark-skinned people who tend to age better) and tell me she's looking like an Italian grandmother. :rolleyes: At least there are no obvious signs that she's had work.

That said, once pop stars find a spiritual path and start incorporating it into the music in a not-so-subtle way, it all starts going downhill. I am completely uninterested in Madonna these days. Her ego is so tied up in her newfound spirituality that she can't even see it. Well I guess it isn't that newfound but you get the point.

does she try to talk with a british accent or something now?

that's ass....if I was as pretentious as her maybe I'd give my dream of being irish a shot

(if I was irish I could have any girl I wanted in north america)

Back
Top Bottom