M. Ward - Transfigurtions of Vincent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
this album is quickly becoming one of my favorites of 2003...it is strikenly beautiful

picture nina simone (as a guy) only playing guitar and not piano

Matt Ward

there's some more info

I downloaded a bit (got soulseek to work) and I particularly like the songs:
Vincent O'Brien
Undertaker

:up:

YES!!!!!

I saw him live recently with Beth Orton. I'd never heard of him. He's INCREDIBLE. Brilliant live because he has this whole stage persona that really adds to the music. He has long hair, wears a cap pulled way low and keeps his head down. He sorta faces half away from the crowd, rarely looks up and seems really awkward in front of people. Like he's really shy and is kinda whispering these stories to you as if you are the only one there. It's hard to describe, and obviously it's just an act, but it really works and makes the songs even more amazing.

He's brilliant. 8/10 for the album, 11/10 live. DO NOT miss him if he comes to your town.

honestly , they don't pay me...here I go again

TRIPLE J!!!
are playing the live in Australia Beth Orton and M Ward performance on Monday night...or is it Tuesday? either 7 or 8 pm. That's probably some outrageous hour for you Kirk but Tyler may wish to relive the experience. You can check their web site for the correct time.

my pleasure..JJJ often play great live sets
they also play some crap music, but in between you get some good information, humour and music. I love the ABC.
I taped the set, as I was watching TV last night, so I'll listen to it later today.

Im such a good interferencerereer, I went 14 pages deep to find this thread rather than starting a new one. Ill accept my trophy later.
Here is a few MWard tidbits, at least Bass-o-matic should like anyway,.....

From Matador Records website:

M. Ward
The new M. Ward album, 'Transistor' will be released by Matador Europe this coming January (and by Merge in North America). Said album features guest appearances by Jim James, Beth Orton, Jenny Lewis, Howe Gelb, John Parish, Vic Chestnutt, Rachel Blumburg (The Decemberists) amongst others. We'll be releasing a new 3 song CD single in Europe this October. We just don't know which songs yet.

Paste Magazine article
http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article?article_id=490

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom