M Ward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I'd just like to take this moment to officially thank Elvis Presley for introducing me to this great talent. You're the king.

:up:

He was the support act for a Beth Orton gig I saw nearly a year ago. I had never heard of him, but was just amazed. You really should see him live. The way he performs, really pulls you right in, you find yourself leaning right forward to concentrate on every note and every little mumble. He had everyone completely wrapped the same way. He also came out during Beth's set and performed a bunch of songs with her, which were great. Since that gig, bought all his albums, love him. DO SEE HIM LIVE.

I saw him on the Bright Eyes portion of the last Austin City Limits and thought he was pretty great. You've got him on your blog, EP or was this a private trade thing? I'd love to check out more of his stuff.

I bet I'm one of the few people whose love of M Ward led me to check out Bright Eyes and not the other way around :p

I remember when I first heard Transfigurations

I loved it

you know...I have yet to hear his first album

have you heard it EP?

I would like to share a wee anecdote about Matt Ward.

About 2 years ago, he came into the studio to play live on air and I was his sound engineer. He was strung out something. Not sure what, but it was obvious to all. He brought with him his guitar and a violinist. Matt then saw that we had a keyboard and decided to tell the violinist to wait outside, said "fuck the guitar," and decided to figure out how to use our keyboard and adapt his songs for it, 10 minutes before he was supposed to play. LIVE. He then proceded to play a single song and walked out without saying anything to anyone.

Talented guy. Also a fucknut.

hahaha. i can kinda see that happening.. i mean.. i wouldn't have predicted that to happen, but hearing that it did it all sorta fits.

Downloaded and listened to the song 'Vincent O'Brien' from Matador Records' site.

Interesting song, not what I was expecting. Not at all. Still pretty good. How good of an example is this song of his other work?

it's a pretty good example really.. one of my favourites, too. his other songs are different though.. that's one of his more 'traditional' sounding ones.. as in oldschool folk blues

u2popmofo said:
Downloaded and listened to the song 'Vincent O'Brien' from Matador Records' site.

Interesting song, not what I was expecting. Not at all. Still pretty good. How good of an example is this song of his other work?

Mofo, I think Skeek is correct, its a pretty good example of his work. If you dont like, you probably wont go for his stuff.....

Had you listened to my podcast, you would have heard another MWard track.....

:wink:

I finally got this album.
I really like the direction he is going in with the production. Kind of grainy.
One Life Away is just great stuff.
And fuel for fire is kinda cheesey in the lounge-singer-slowin' it -down kind of way...but it's oddly effecting.
I like his little foray into classic blues rock too....very..I dunno...Chuck Berry

Back
Top Bottom