lp7 countdown and anticipation thread - part i

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:
Well, it's not every day when a band creates the best albums of two seperate decades back to back (OK Computer and Kid A). :wink:

U2 kind of did the same thing with The Joshua Tree (1987) Achtung Baby (1991):hmm:
and lets ignore Rattle and hum:p

U2Man said:

do you find lp7 too arrogant?

He wanted the title to be something along the lines of

"Album that Radiohead may release within the next two years (but maybe not) and may or may not be a horrible disappointment...anticipation thread"

Zootlesque said:
Best album of the 90s: Achtung Baby
Best album of the 00s: Kid A / Hot Fuss

:dance:

Hot fuss??? :huh:

I mean I hot fuss, but best album of the 00's ???? what have you been smoking?:wink:

:| I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

No album containing Stuck In A Moment, Elevation, and Grace could possibly be considered the best of the 00's. :yuck:

LemonMelon said:

No album containing Stuck In A Moment, Elevation, and Grace could possibly be considered the best of the 00's. :yuck:

if you had said new york, you would make a point.

LemonMelon said:

and no album that contains "vertigo":yuck: "a man and a woman" :yuck:
and all because of you" can be called the best of anything :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Wow! I typed in almost exactly the same thing! :hi5:

..except I would add Wild Honey to that.

xaviMF22 said:

If you would have said OOTS you would have made a point. :wink:

xaviMF22 said:

this is true! Neither are anywhere near the best album of the decade.

IMO :p

Really though, we all know this conversation is going nowhere. You all know I love HTDAAB, xavi hates it, and U2man worships at the feet of ATYCLB. Let's get back to LP7 dicussion. :up:

U2Man said:
do you sincerely hate grace? :(

You talkin to me? I don't "hate" Grace. I don't really "hate" any U2 song. And I love Grace musically.. Eno's production :drool: but the rhymes kinda get to me sometimes.

LemonMelon said:
Really though, we all know this conversation is going nowhere. You all know I love HTDAAB, xavi hates it, and U2man, xavi and lance worship at the feet of ATYCLB. Let's get back to LP7 dicussion. :up:

:up:

xaviMF22 said:

yes but hot fuss? :wink:

"Somebody Told Me" :yuck:

Hot Fuss is deliciously danceable throughout! At least it doesn't try to be something deep. It's just an out and out fun album. :love:

Back
Top Bottom